Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got Factions CE today!

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Just bought the Factions Collector's Edition today. Got to the store and they'd just taken delivery, the boxes hadn't been opened yet! Since I'm buying GW and Factions for my GF, I got the Collector's Edition.

Well I must say that the Box is alot more exciting than her previous MMO, Star Wars Galaxies that is. Better known as Star Wars Battlefront Beta Online, or Bug Hunt Online.

Maybe I'll see some of you people online next month, if I can pry her away from the PC long enough.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Agricola1

Just bought the Factions Collector's Edition today. Got to the store and they'd just taken delivery, the boxes hadn't been opened yet! Since I'm buying GW and Factions for my GF, I got the Collector's Edition.
    Well I must say that the Box is alot more exciting than her previous MMO, Star Wars Galaxies that is. Better known as Star Wars Battlefront Beta Online, or Bug Hunt Online.
    Maybe I'll see some of you people online next month, if I can pry her away from the PC long enough.

Man don't dis on Star Wars Galaxies.  Until they hit it with CU and then cancelled it and replaced it altogether with that NGE mess it was a great game. :)  Now, I'll bash NGE and, to a lesser extent, CU (which I actually liked SOME aspects of) with you all day long.  But Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies was one of the best games on the 'NET if you could get past the buggy patches, etc.  (That's more bad developers than bad game though).   I'll bash on SOE and LEC's handling of patching, updating/expanding the game all day long but the game itself was pretty good till they started ripping it apart to "fix" it.

And stop talking about how great factions is darnit! :)  I'm not done with Prophecies yet so I don't want to buy it yet :)  You guys are making it really hard to resist doing that.  Even if it will get me into trouble with the wife :)  She tolerates my gaming addictions because I don't generally buy stuff often.  I *just* bought GW :)  If I run right out and grab Factions she's likely to bobbit me :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489
    This game has a lot of time to grow. Even the smallest things can make players very happy. I for one, was so happy, when they lifted the penalty for changing your attributes and if they would add an Auction House to the game, then that would also give a nice boost to the game.

• FrubbFrubb Member Posts: 50
    Just bought the game, along with the original.

Not really sure which class to go for, I guess I'll just test the waters for a little while : even though I hear GW is casual, it feels a little overwhelming with all this content for a newbie

I'm wondering whether to start the prophecies campiagn, or the new content first - does it make a difference at all?

The cats in the bag.....(....and the bag's in the river....)

• SilthariousSiltharious Member Posts: 52

World of Warcraft has way more quality than Guild Wars. I don't think I'm going to even bother buying Factions because I got bored of Guild Wars fairly quickly. I heard they added asians in Factions. How exciting. Lets see them add massive PvP then I'll think about it.

Who asked you.

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

"Massive waiting to play laggy 40vs28 unbalanced PvP you say?"  Who would want that?

The only game that has a decent PvP system with massive battles, that isn't just a click fest is DAoC, sadly that is the only thing it has that is better then other MMORPGs and that isn't enough to keep pop number up after what? 5years?

I don't think ANYONE that played DAoC RvR would considered WoW PvP anything more then sandbox mode.

Anyone that thinks WoW's PvP  "Owns" simply is saying WoW is the only RPG with real group based PvP I ever played
  • ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Siltharious

World of Warcraft has way more quality than Guild Wars. I don't think I'm going to even bother buying Factions because I got bored of Guild Wars fairly quickly. I heard they added asians in Factions. How exciting. Lets see them add massive PvP then I'll think about it.

LOL someone from WoW claiming it has 'massive PVP'.

Play a real PVP game and then see how WoW stacks up :)  ROFL.  Come play DAOC and then see just how craptastic the PVP in WoW is.

WoW really isn't any better than GuildWars.  I played WoW and I play GuildWars.... WoW sucked.  GuildWars has it's boring moments but I can stop playing anytime I want and go back 2-3 weeks or, hell, even months later and not care.  Because there's no monthly fee.

Guild Wars graphics blow the crap out of WoW's cartoonland junk anyday as well.  Please stop posting in every single friggen forum how wonderful WoW is.  Bottom line:  Nobody cares about WoW.  It's a good MMO and a lot of folks like it.  Even some people that play GuildWars like it.  But the nice thing about Guild Wars is it's FREE (after buying the game).  I don't sink $180 a year into Guild Wars.  Thus I can play whenever I want, or not play, and it doesn't matter.  WoW just isn't worth $180 a year.  Sorry.  BZZT

"Massive PVP"  ***snickers*** play a real PVP game if you want Massive PvP.  Lineage II,  UO, DAOC, AO, even Shadowbane are better PVP games than WoW.  Hell... EQ2 PVP is better, imo.  GuildWars PvP is currently limited to Guild Vs. Guild but for FREE it's 10x better than WoW :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas