Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is a waste of time

Comments

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by Kialey

Originally posted by mindspat
    And as stated in the other thread you're trolling, players with effective communication are the ones who are able to excell in EVE.  Effective communication is a deffecincy with alot of the internet kiddies.  *not a flame.
    Yes, at least he's not showing his Xfire info.  I think it's more intresting how those who troll the forums seem to use recently subscribed accounts to MMORPG.COM.  The odd thing is if they use the trial through mmorpg.com they have to have a subscription to start yet this guy says he's been playing for 2 months based upon the reviews here?

Do you excell (sic) in EVE with your effective communication?  Or do you have a deffecincy (sic) like alot (sic) of the Internet kiddies? 

I never said I used a trial from MMORPG.  I actually *bought* this stupid game AND paid for a subscription.  Hence my anger.  The only thing I said about MMORPG.com was that I got the game based on the game's score on the frontpage.  That score is obviously overinflated with EVE posters voting multiple times.  There is simply no way it would otherwise be so high. 

As a matter of fact, yes I do!  Do I use a spell check?  Rarely unless writting up a legal document.

lol  you're angry for playing a game for over 2 months and deciding not to continue playing? 

Your posts are more harmfull to your integrity then your continued trolling.

As for the polls, they are an accurate representation of the community that has played EVE and are not inflated.  You know, I even recieved an email from a member of mmorpg.com regarding the polls and the suprisingly high number of "respondents" who inquired about EVE being omitted from the initial polls. 

Don't be mad, just go away and play another game.

• Aetius73Aetius73 Member Posts: 1,257

Don't be mad, just go away and play another game.

Amen
  • Kialy, for as spending so much time in travel issue, most people face this, but these people including you do not understand how to play the game, in the beginning like myself, i joined a mining corporation, we used to mine whole belts, then after i got my cruiser i began to mine for myself, then the corp. but i was only in one spot, i used to travel like 11 jumps to mine ore that didn't exist in the surrounding systems for myself to use later on.

so here's what you're missing, instant jumps, and staying in one spot.

and yes you're at fault for not asking for advice, and then coming here to say it's a bad game because there's traveling time and everything, now give me one game that doesn't have traveling time.

if you have a good fighting ship, it's  better to do kill missions, that farthest spot they will send you to is only 4 jumps, which is a rare occasion, usually it's only 1 or 2 jumps away, you can make bookmarks to even reduce the traveling time by ALOT.

so before whining and jmping to conclusion, you have to FIRST understand how the game works.

i used to do courier missions, and it was fun because i was progressing in cash and faction, and i had instant jumps, and used to do 14 jumps per mission, and i wasn't bored, but then i found kill missions even more interesting :} more cash more loot to rerpocess for even more cash and stuff like that, and you can also get very good items to sell for millions and make even more cash.

so here you go, LEARN first, then judge.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

And as stated in the other thread you're trolling, players with effective communication are the ones who are able to excell in EVE.  Effective communication is a deffecincy with alot of the internet kiddies.  *not a flame.
    Yes, at least he's not showing his Xfire info.  I think it's more intresting how those who troll the forums seem to use recently subscribed accounts to MMORPG.COM.  The odd thing is if they use the trial through mmorpg.com they have to have a subscription to start yet this guy says he's been playing for 2 months based upon the reviews here?

Do you excell (sic) in EVE with your effective communication?  Or do you have a deffecincy (sic) like alot (sic) of the Internet kiddies? 

I never said I used a trial from MMORPG.  I actually *bought* this stupid game AND paid for a subscription.  Hence my anger.  The only thing I said about MMORPG.com was that I got the game based on the game's score on the frontpage.  That score is obviously overinflated with EVE posters voting multiple times.  There is simply no way it would otherwise be so high. 

The score is not overinflated, the average lifespan for an EVE subscription is 7 months, compare that to 2-3 months for most other MMO's and they are doing pretty F'ing good. It's also easily the most successful MMO from an independent company, and is one of the most successfull MMO's out now period. It is still achieving huge growth compared to many other, more well known MMO's, in spite of having almost no advertising.

If the game sucked or was 'a mess' that wouldn't be happening. If the game isn't to your liking thats fine, but warning off others cause it doesn't fit your tastes is wrong. If someone is curious about the game the best thing to do is tell them to try the trial. If they don't like it they'll know pretty quick, but at least they'll have tried it. I can't count the number of people who have posted that they avoided the game because someone told them it sucked, then tried the trial and have become completely hooked.
  • JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

I may not like my neighbor, but I wouldn't go to his house, knock on the door, and tell him how much I don't like him and that no one should talk to him or go over and visit him. Or hold up a sign saying don't go here. I don't understand why the OP started this thread and others like him  have an urge to come here and flame. When I don't like a MMO, I don't feel any urge to go onto that game's messageboard to say how much that game stinks. I forget about the game and move on.

• dolaniousdolanious Member Posts: 186

I agree with the original poster, EVE is time consuming, it's boring alot of the time, the time-based skill system sucks ass.... it's not new player-friendly in ANY way, the player-base is a bunch of elietest assholes...yeah, it's all of those things and more.

I'm a powergamer so I don't like it when my 'power-gaming' edge is taken away (via the time based skills). After I got over this... i saw some redeeming factors.

One in particular is the fact that there's no saftey net... if you lose your ship, that's it, you lose it. Sure you have insurance but unless you have enough to cover it again you're SOL.... so you're setback time and money. Every other MMORPG is carebear friendly with tons of saftey nets... to the point where killing one another has no meaning (see: STAR WARS GALAXIES NGE).

This is the only game where if you gank someone, and they lost everything they had worked a whole month and a half to get... you might have pissed them off so badly that they quit the game.... they just walk away for good.

I've had a few moments where I lost everything, and it fucking hurts, so bad that I just didn't ever want to play again.... no other game pisses people off more than this one. THat's why I play.

• ssstupidossstupido Member Posts: 253

Originally posted by apertotes

Originally posted by Kialey Your analogy to this game being like work is apt.  It *is* like work - ie, no fun.  I don't mind learning about a game to be better at it, but I shouldn't be practically REQUIRED to do so.  After playing the game for a couple of weeks, I went online and learned that I was gimping myself by not doing the learn skills earlier.  Fine, I rerolled and did that.  I took the advice of others to have a better, more productive experience, but the game failed to deliver.  I also frequently asked qusetions of others in game and looked for answers on the Internet.  Just because I did not ask the questions on this forum does not mean that I failed to ask them.

so you needed to go to the internet to learn that learning skills are best at the start of your career? wow... you dont want to learn. ok, then i guess you have never tried chess, or football, or any other game where you actually have to learn, and you get better at it with time

well, not everybody gets to know that atributes are important, i guess... but yes, you are quite on spot. even if you are not bright enough to realise how important learning skills are, there is always people on help and starting corp channels reminding everybody of it.

"what? help channel? starting corp what?" yeah, sorry for the technical words, if you had stayed longer on the game you would eventually know about it

• KialeyKialey Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by ssstupido

Originally posted by apertotes

Originally posted by Kialey Your analogy to this game being like work is apt.  It *is* like work - ie, no fun.  I don't mind learning about a game to be better at it, but I shouldn't be practically REQUIRED to do so.  After playing the game for a couple of weeks, I went online and learned that I was gimping myself by not doing the learn skills earlier.  Fine, I rerolled and did that.  I took the advice of others to have a better, more productive experience, but the game failed to deliver.  I also frequently asked qusetions of others in game and looked for answers on the Internet.  Just because I did not ask the questions on this forum does not mean that I failed to ask them.

so you needed to go to the internet to learn that learning skills are best at the start of your career? wow... you dont want to learn. ok, then i guess you have never tried chess, or football, or any other game where you actually have to learn, and you get better at it with time

well, not everybody gets to know that atributes are important, i guess... but yes, you are quite on spot. even if you are not bright enough to realise how important learning skills are, there is always people on help and starting corp channels reminding everybody of it.

"what? help channel? starting corp what?" yeah, sorry for the technical words, if you had stayed longer on the game you would eventually know about it

Sorry, dude, but I already addressed your lame-ass point:  I was constantly asking questions online to anyone and everyone.  You practically HAVE to - the game is so damn unwieldy. 

And no, it wasn't obvious to me that I needed to raise my learning skills immediately.  I'm glad you were gifted with that knowledge coming into the game.  Me, I tried upgrading my ship first and spent that time focusing on those skills.  Hell, I didn't even know you could buy skills other than the ones you started with.  THAT would have been a wonderful thing to include in the tutorial.  But no... that would be too user-friendly for this P.O.S. 
  • ssstupidossstupido Member Posts: 253

the game is so damn unwieldy. 

oh no, this game is not unwieldy. unwieldy was trying to play Larry 1 not knowing English, unwieldy was Sim City and Rail Road Tycoon without the guide (and again, english ), unwieldy was good old UO, unwieldy was trying to fly a plane on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2.0, without a mouse, unwieldy is my car...

EVE is complex, deep, and difficult to master. and even though it is not the most user friendly game out there, it is not unwieldy. Dont blame a great game for your lack of learning interest, curiosity and skill.

oh no, this game is not unwieldy. unwieldy was trying to play Larry 1 not knowing English, unwieldy was Sim City and Rail Road Tycoon without the guide (and again, english ), unwieldy was good old UO, unwieldy was trying to fly a plane on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2.0, without a mouse, unwieldy is my car...

EVE is complex, deep, and difficult to master. and even though it is not the most user friendly game out there, it is not unwieldy. Dont blame a great game for your lack of learning interest, curiosity and skill.

• WrayethWrayeth Member Posts: 229
    One of the great things about EVE is that the devs realize they can't please all the people all the time.  Most games have developers who do try to please everyone, and their games suffer for it; in contrast, the EVE devs knew what they wanted to do, knew it was going to be a niche game, and went ahead anyway.  For them, it's less about the money (though they are in business to make a living) and more about the game, and I respect the hell out of that.

-Wrayeth
    "Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"

• SobaManSobaMan Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by Alekhin

I may not like my neighbor, but I wouldn't go to his house, knock on the door, and tell him how much I don't like him and that no one should talk to him or go over and visit him. Or hold up a sign saying don't go here. I don't understand why the OP started this thread and others like him  have an urge to come here and flame. When I don't like a MMO, I don't feel any urge to go onto that game's messageboard to say how much that game stinks. I forget about the game and move on.

Yeah, it's wierd... I loathe WoW and EQ2, and you won't find my name in either of those forums.  I love Eve though, and thus, here I am.  People like what they like... He just seems to be wallowing in ignorance.
        - He refuses to learn the game
        - He doesn't want to ask for help
        - Then he comes to the forums and complains about the game due to his lack of effort
    He seems like a very brilliant person

Stick to what you know, and if you refuse to know more... stick to where you are.  There's no point in sharing your ignorance.  Everybody knows there are stupid people among us... we don't need to know who they are.

We can agree to disagree, or we can bicker constantly... either way, I'm right.
    SobaKai.com
    There are two types of people in this world - people that suck... and me.

meh... everything got screwed up...

SobaKai.com
  • stratos0.15stratos0.15 Member Posts: 4
    lifes too easy.
  • KialeyKialey Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by SobaMan

Originally posted by Alekhin

Yeah, it's wierd... I loathe WoW and EQ2, and you won't find my name in either of those forums.  I love Eve though, and thus, here I am.  People like what they like... He just seems to be wallowing in ignorance.
        - He refuses to learn the game
        - He doesn't want to ask for help
        - Then he comes to the forums and complains about the game due to his lack of effort
    He seems like a very brilliant person

Stick to what you know, and if you refuse to know more... stick to where you are.  There's no point in sharing your ignorance.  Everybody knows there are stupid people among us... we don't need to know who they are.

1)  I tried to learn the game, but I don't have time to devote my life to it.  I've got other ambitions in life than to just play EVE. 

2)  I was constantly asking for help - as I've pointed out several times now.  It really calls into question your reading skills that you missed that.

3)  If I can spare others my fate, then I consider it a job well done. 

But what's REALLY funny to me is that you practically admit that this game sucks right in your own bio.  You say you play other games while mining!  Wow... this game must be reallly fun if the only way it can hold your attention is for you to go do something else.  lol

• belonnabelonna Member Posts: 67

you know little boy if you dont like playing eve it is because you r used to games lik AOE i mean u can finish that one and wats the point in playing eve i go on the computer not to think at all is that it god you go bak to ur first person shooters and leave the mmo's to the big boys.

also i dare you just spend 2 days more on eve in 0.0 and try autopiloting let me know where you are to ill even make it exciting and post it on the forums for you lets see if you think it is boring then....... i suppose it would be repetative for you though  

flying ship----flying pod----waking up in clone----getting in ship-----undock

repeat over and over

Live, Breath, Cause. HaVoK

• fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723
    Um Eve is the most awesome game I have ever played, been playing MMO's since UO, EQ, WoW, Asheron's Call, CoH none of them could compare to Eve in scope.

Eve feels slow at times, it's because it's an open game, nobody takes you by the hand and tells you to go do this or that.

So if you take a courier mission, they tell you "take this thing to xxx 12 jumps away" and you do it, thinking its like a quest from WoW, of course its boring.

You do courier mission when you have social things to do, administration of a corp, or do remote trading, so while you are doing courier mission making extra money and getting faction, plus you are also making money on your trades.

If you dont trade, or dont have anything else to do, but you take courier mission, of course it sucks, its boring.

The only time you should do courier mission in the beginning is your newbie storyline missions, its a total of 10 courier missions, takes like 2 hours and they give you implant at the end, and you read your faction story.

This is a clan based pvp game. You do kill missions or complexes when your corp has no ops going on, to make a little money.

Otherwise you should be in a gang with corp, either doing mining ops in low security, or pvp ops, on teamspeak.

Thats where this game SHINES.

If you have no corp, just sit by yourself doing kill mission over and over for days, I would rather put a gun to my head.

When you have a lot of stuff to haul to new HQ or whatever, make sure it does not go through lowsec, just set on autopilot and go workout for an hour, your hauler will be there and you can be active at your new HQ.

That is how you supposed to play and function in Eve.

But nobody will tell you this, you have to be smart and figure out what to do by yourself.

If you are bored its because you are doing 1 thing. You have to multitask, Eve is like an operating system, you do 3-4 things at once. Recruiting in one window, buy/sell in another window, travel/haul/mine in a third window.

You are supposed to be wheeling and dealing, making business deals, making alliances, talking on TS, doing stuff, BEING BUSY.

If you just take courier mission and sit there staring at your screen OF COURSE IT SUCKS. Dont do that.

• jdancisakjdancisak Member Posts: 17

EVE...  Good game..  IF......  

1.  You've been playing constantly since release.      Because of the timer based skill training it is impossible to match or surpass a veteran player in skill.  Sucks to be a newbie.

2.  You are in a corporation.      If you aren't, good luck getting anywhere cool or being able to buy anything expensive.  Unless of course you spend 6 hours a day mining.  I remember when they used to call this game "Mine Online".  I still do.

3.  You have a lot of time.  Mining....  Hours in EVE.  Traveling...  Hours in EVE   Replacing your blowed up battleship...  DAYS in EVE.  Canceling EVE before wasting half your life mining fake roids....  Priceless

4.  You don't have a girlfriend or wife or vice versa if you are a woman.  If you do and you play EVE, you probably won't for long.

If you want to play a fun, non fantasy mmo.  Try auto assault.  Way better.  And no, I don't have any xfire screen captures to paste.  Not from a lack of playing eve, but because I DON'T USE XFIRE.

Originally posted by jdancisak

1.  You've been playing constantly since release.      Because of the timer based skill training it is impossible to match or surpass a veteran player in skill.  Sucks to be a newbie.  Do you even read threads before you post?  More people I know are new (which means not old) and still have a good time.  If you're trying to be a Jack-of-all-Trades then this game is best 3 years from now, but specialization is key in Eve.  They don't really want people to mine, produce, and kill all at once.  They want a wide open market.  If everybody could do everything then there would be no need to call this game an MMO.  7 months is what I've heard to be the running time for somebody to be a good/great PvPer.  I'd bet it didn't even take him that long to get there, it just took him that long to realize it.
    2.  You are in a corporation.      If you aren't, good luck getting anywhere cool or being able to buy anything expensive.  Unless of course you spend 6 hours a day mining.  I remember when they used to call this game "Mine Online".  I still do.  This isn't true either.  Eve is an MMO, which means Massive Multiplayer... but that doesn't mean you have to join a corp.  It doesn't mean you have to do anything.  I flew solo for the longest time.  Why?  Because I had bad luck with corporations.  I actually quit Eve because of a corporation being so shitty.  Then it dawned on me... I'm paying for Eve and I can do what ever the fuck I want.  So I flew solo for the longest time.  This game didn't become great for me though until I had a group of FRIENDS to fly with.
    3.  You have a lot of time.  Mining....  Hours in EVE.  Traveling...  Hours in EVE   Replacing your blown up battleship...  DAYS in EVE.  Canceling EVE before wasting half your life mining fake roids....  Priceless  Once again, read some threads.  There are at least 3 threads on this crap on the first page of the Eve forums here at MMORPG.com.  Is reading too hard?  That might be why you spent so much time mining and traveling... because you don't read.  I don't even want to get into the flaws in this last chunk of ignorance.
    4.  You don't have a girlfriend or wife or vice versa if you are a woman.  If you do and you play EVE, you probably won't for long.  Where do you get off saying this?  Half the Eve population is in some form of relationship or married.  And most of those married folks or dating folks... PLAY EVE TOGETHER!!!  I myself have a girlfriend.  I myself have a girlfriend.  I sure hope you do in order to say something as rediculously stupid as that!
    If you want to play a fun, non fantasy mmo.  Try auto assault.  Way better.  And no, I don't have any xfire screen captures to paste.  Not from a lack of playing eve, but because I DON'T USE XFIRE.  ???  So, this entire post belonged in the Auto Assault forums?  Why come to one MMO's forums and spread filth when you can go to Auto Assault's and spead gloriousness?  Once again, I think you're making statements about a game you've never played, and if you did play it... you didn't play it for very long.  I think this entire post was just formed out of rumors you head on WoW forums somewhere.
    You don't use XFIRE?!  Like we give a shit!

SobaKai.com

1.  You've been playing constantly since release.      Because of the timer based skill training it is impossible to match or surpass a veteran player in skill.  Sucks to be a newbie.

2.  You are in a corporation.      If you aren't, good luck getting anywhere cool or being able to buy anything expensive.  Unless of course you spend 6 hours a day mining.  I remember when they used to call this game "Mine Online".  I still do.

3.  You have a lot of time.  Mining....  Hours in EVE.  Traveling...  Hours in EVE   Replacing your blowed up battleship...  DAYS in EVE.  Canceling EVE before wasting half your life mining fake roids....  Priceless

4.  You don't have a girlfriend or wife or vice versa if you are a woman.  If you do and you play EVE, you probably won't for long.

If you want to play a fun, non fantasy mmo.  Try auto assault.  Way better.  And no, I don't have any xfire screen captures to paste.  Not from a lack of playing eve, but because I DON'T USE XFIRE.

I haven't mined with my character in 2 years...AT ALL, I've thought about it a couple of times, mainly to get low ends so I have more trit and pyerite for building ammo/drones and such, but with the amount of minerals I get from reprocessing crap loot I pick up, I really don't need to do any mining at all and I have plenty of money for what I'm doing. I'm an extremely casual EVE player right now, often only fitting in a couple of hours A Week and I do fine.
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

1: Wrong, I was a newbie last March. We all started at the bottom of the pile at one time, just being UBAH isn't handed on a silver platter in EVE!

2: Wrong! I play solo, and have my own corp with just me as I got sick of being recruited over and over.

3: Wrong! Depends how you play, there's a steep learning curve in EVE but I can make over 10 mil in one hour easily and that's not including the loot.

4: Wrong! Got a girlfriend, just that I don't spend all my time at the PC. If I spent all my time down the Gym or the pub I'm sure it would have the same effect as if I was playing EVE all that time.

Auto Assault, yeh if depth and complexity aren't your thing you're probably right. Or am I just making an uninformed assumption about an MMO I've never played?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Originally posted by Agricola1

1: Wrong, I was a newbie last March. We all started at the bottom of the pile at one time, just being UBAH isn't handed on a silver platter in EVE!

2: Wrong! I play solo, and have my own corp with just me as I got sick of being recruited over and over.

3: Wrong! Depends how you play, there's a steep learning curve in EVE but I can make over 10 mil in one hour easily and that's not including the loot.

4: Wrong! Got a girlfriend, just that I don't spend all my time at the PC. If I spent all my time down the Gym or the pub I'm sure it would have the same effect as if I was playing EVE all that time.

Auto Assault, yeh if depth and complexity aren't your thing you're probably right. Or am I just making an uninformed assumption about an MMO I've never played?

No, you're quite right, that game is about as deep as a mud puddle.

Originally posted by Minsc

You're right... the months of reading you'd have with all of the lore for the game isn't deep at all.

You're right... this game doesn't offer the player the opportunity to create his own path and his own storyline in order to let him develope his character the way he wants to no matter what anybody else says about it.

You're right... this game has pre-selectable career paths that you have to follow in order to advance each time you level.

You're right... this game is the same old dungeon crawl at the level cap each and every day.

I've got an idea...

Shut up!

SobaKai.com
  • -dalton--dalton- Member Posts: 8

You're right... the months of reading you'd have with all of the lore for the game isn't deep at all.

You're right... this game doesn't offer the player the opportunity to create his own path and his own storyline in order to let him develope his character the way he wants to no matter what anybody else says about it.

You're right... this game has pre-selectable career paths that you have to follow in order to advance each time you level.

You're right... this game is the same old dungeon crawl at the level cap each and every day.

I've got an idea...

Shut up!

Soba, I made this account for the express purpose of asking you one thing:

Please shut up.

Stop being this neo-fascist for EVE.  For those of us that have been playing EVE for awhile, you are doing absolutely no favors with the sycophantic attitude that you are displaying on these boards.  In fact, I know I spoke to at least two people that have stayed away from the game due to the crappy way that these message boards deal with bad reviews.

I love EVE as much as anyone else, but it does have its faults.  Unfortunately, one of its major faults on these boards is the way that the community is being represented by people like you, who deride others because they happened to have posted their opinion of the game and it didn't sit well with you.  You know, if you stopped trolling these kind of threads and stopped running down everyone that thinks this game is trash then maybe, just maybe, the threads would die out.  Instead, they keep getting bumped to the top and frankly your comments in this thread and in other threads are doing nothing to make the community look any better.  In fact, people pretty much think that this game is full of people like you, who think that this game is the end-all-be-all of all MMOs (which it is not, frankly) and that anyone else that doesn't like this game much somehow love instanced grinds or whatever kettle you're banging to describe people that play WoW over this game.

So, please, for the love of this game, shut the hell up.  Your sophomoric contrasts between EVE and WoW are not doing any of us that are trying to recruit players by pointing them HERE to the good reviews and the decent message boards any good.

This game DOES have faults.  And no, the game is NOT for everyone.  But just because someone chooses a game over this one does not make them a bad person and it does not make their game a bad game any more than it makes this game a bad game.  It's a matter of taste.  But you just take this to a personal extreme and frankly I can see why someone would stay away from this game after reading your posts.

So pretty please, with sugar on top, STFU..

Originally posted by Minsc

I've got an idea...

Shut up!

I was talking about Auto-Assault there skippy.

I agree with dalton, it would be best for you not to post on here.
  • JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

Of all your criticisms, I think the 4th one is the most valid. If someone plays this game so much that the family is neglected, I can see where this can be a serious problem. MMOG's can be very addicting and can throw a balanced life way out of whack.