Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back to DAoC , got questions

Fabled1Fabled1 Member Posts: 44
    Well, I played DAoC like what 3 years ago? I first started playing before none of the expansions were even out yet, I loved it. I don't even know why I left to EQ but o well, I have been hopping to games and havent found the right one, So now im waiting for Warhammer to come out but until them I really want to have something to do, and I hear PvP in DAoC is still superb to most MMO's.
    K, first I hear that it is easy leveling now , and I like this because I want to be in RvR ASAP. And also I hear that I should head to "classic servers" what are they? And my last is what all expansions do I need to level up quick. TY

- SWG Refugee (Xenocaw Metteec , SF Server)
Which FF Character Are You?

Comments

• phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512

Welcome, first let me point out that all of these questions are answered in the tons fo threads posted about people coming back.
    That said, lemme answer the questions quickly and suggest if you want more detail you take a look through all the other threads. ::::02::

Leveling very fast now in the task dungeons now. It's a breeze. Catch being you'll need Catacombs and Darkness rising (the last two expansions) to use those.

Many like the classic servers because they are basically every expansion except for Trials of Atlantis.
    So no ToA weapons and no bots.
    Myself I enjoy playing on gaheris. It's the coop server but that's me. People are having a lot of fun on the "classic" server.

You'll need all the expansions. SI and ToA are free now so you just need to get Catacombs and Darkness Rising as I mentioned before.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy.

• Fabled1Fabled1 Member Posts: 44
    thanks you much, helped alot mate!

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    At release-ToA: time to level 50+ days
    Now: 5+ days
    Time spent in BG instead of grinding away levels: priceless

There are level specific battlegrounds you can RvR in on your way to 50.  That is the quickest way to get into things.  Also, since you can earn realm points there, it will help you a lot by the time you get to 50 to have at least a couple RR done before you get there. 

• flynn444flynn444 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Actually, you don't need the Darkness Rising expansion to access the task dungeons and instance dungeons. Those were introduced with Catacombs.  Darkness Rising will give you access to Champion Levels, mounts, and the Champion weapon, among other things.

And yes, while there are BGs for all levels up to 44 and you can gain quite a bit of experience in them, as a practical matter, only 3 BGs will be worthwhile participating in since only they typically have a good number of players: Thidranki (20-24), Molvik (34-39), and Leirvik (40-44).

There have been a tremendous number of changes over the 3 years that have made the game vastly improved.  But remember, you'll be RvR'ing against players who've been in the game for a while now and know the game quite well.  My suggestion is to start a character on the Gareth server (classic ruleset) for the simple reason that the power difference between a new player and veteran is not as great there.

• Fabled1Fabled1 Member Posts: 44
    Ok sounds good, guess I'll be playing on Gareth onc ei get my copy today.