Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seed the Game Open Beta

saturn1234saturn1234 Member UncommonPosts: 111
Hey guys I just got into the Seed The Game Open Beta but I cant get any of the site links from the e-mail to work correctly...

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem.

The main page wont load anymore either =

Comments

• BoneflowerBoneflower Member Posts: 91
    Yes. I think their sites are being hammered by all the new Beta accounts being created. It was working fine for me, but now all my requests are timing out and the forums are throwing a database error.

Patience is the only solution...

• GoluhGoluh Member Posts: 374
     stfu fanboy ...  stop giving us lame crap like this and learn how to copy paste

• saturn1234saturn1234 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I dont get it......

• BoneflowerBoneflower Member Posts: 91
    Me either. Perhaps they replied to the wrong post? *giggles and goes to get herself more coffee*

UPDATE!

I got the client and activated my account.

I am patching now, but it is taking forever..

Anyone else have any info????

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464
    I got in too and patching is taking awhile, I closed the patcher and re-started it now it's having issues connecting, it's probably being hammered.

Current Games:

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646
    I got into the beta today too.
    Account creation worked perfectly. No problem with downloading the files either. I'm patching right now. Yes it goes slow. Since it's a small company I don't expect them to have bandwiths like SOE or Blizzard. But I think it goes decently. Should be done tonight or tomorrow morning.

Just a hint. You seem to be very inpatient (OP). I don't know if this really is a game for you. Specially not the beta.

• codecode Member Posts: 95
    they should have used bit torrent but whatever

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484
    Any news on this? Updates?  Anyone got the game running yet?  Does it play nice? Does it give u an immersive feeling???

Still at work, can't wait to get home and try it!

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

Sorry to let you down Britoca, by my patcher has been running for about 6 or 7 hours, and its not even half way done yet O_o.

Looks like I will have to wait til tomarrow.

GG me.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

guys. its on bit torrent

it took me 31 minutes and im seeding it all night since you can't log onto the game anyway

• kurisukurisu Member Posts: 15
    First day of beta was a failure.

• GoluhGoluh Member Posts: 374

how does it play? it plays like dungeon keeper, except ur a minion

the mastermind behind the scene gets his power through votes

• AndemonAndemon Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Oh well.  I guess they got more testers than expected, or their servers just can't handle the load.
    I managed to download everything some time ago, slow though it was - but haven't been able to connect so far. 

• SecretsSecrets Member Posts: 175

I've got the game, all the patches, ect.

But the client won't run. I reckon it'l be a while before they fix it.

So it's not just you people with problems!

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

I managed to connect last night for 2 mins or so.  Can't say much, all I saw was the first room/hallway.

Looked interesting though, but horrible lag from the other n players trying to jump into the game.

Looking forward to test it again tonight... 

Maybe this is part of the game already? fixing fixing fixing...

:D

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

ive been in for the past few months... and as ive said before, the game is mediocre at best. I'm a big crafting fan, I play Ryzom solely for the fact that the crafting/harvesting is fun.

Anyways, the game isnt all that great. You can walk around, fix stuff, vote, and craft things. Thats about it. It's fun for casual 30 minute sessions, but other than that I get kind of bored ::::21::

Graphics ARE amazing though ::::20::

I have been able to log in once.  (Haven't been able to connect to the server since then; can't connect to the site either to find out what's going on...)

The character creation could definitely use more options, but the game itself seemed interesting.  Of course, I was only able to play for five minutes or so before the game started lagging and crashed.  ...the interface wasn't difficult to figure out, though - even was able to begin some repairs during those five minutes.

It's safe to say that the second day of the beta was a failure, too.  Only five left...

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

Originally posted by kurisu
    First day of beta was a failure.

Well, you dont know jack.

This was a stress test, usually the first day of a stress test is like this.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• RegnorokRegnorok Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Are they still giving out keys?

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
    Forget it , the game is unplayable

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

I've been able to connect three times now, once per day. 
    The game always crashes within five minutes after I login, though - and the lag is severe, so I haven't actually had to chance to do anything...

• RattrapRattrap Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,599
    I have given up on the game.

I know the developers were very apologetic about it. They said they just have to lounch now , because of the fininciers. But the game is at it ALPHA stage at best. I tried to play for last two days and i couldnt move pass the character selection screen.

The ones that were luckier , report severe 10 minute lag.

And all in all , people that actually managed to play - say it is very boring , and much like talein the desert

"Before this battle is over all the world will know that few...stood against many." - King Leonidas

• OlufOluf Member Posts: 24

I never said it was borring... and i manged to play ;)

I was in the closed beta as well... and sure there aint that many features in right now but that wont keep you from doing some great roleplaying. The gms also keep doing in-game events so that will keep people busy as well.

The devs just now made some changes and a lot of people have reported that lag is minimal (some even said gone...)

Rather sad... 
    I like the idea, and the execution for most part - but the game obviously isn't ready for release yet.  I'm getting constant crashes every five minutes or so; and various error messages within the game all the time. The game is so laggy that my FPS ranges from 1 to 5, occasionally lower.  There's just no way they'll get it fixed in few days; and if they release it in this state, the reviews are going to tear it apart - not to mention the paying customers.  Damn finances - I wish they had got proper funding.