Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First MMORPG

Hi. New Here. I really wantto start a new mmorpg but don't know which one. Does anyone have any ideas which one is good.

Comments

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Welcome to mmorpg.com.

Dark Age of Camelot is a good one to start with.

Its well balanced and has an easy learning curve.

You can find out more about it at www.darkageofcamelot.com

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• UltimaweaponUltimaweapon Member Posts: 30
    Thanx. WHat did you like and hate about this game and what other games would you suggest.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

The things i like: The combat is nice and stable, graphics are decent, and RvR is fun

The things i didn't: The tradeskills were horrible, the world wasn't interesting, the cities were tiny, and the only transportation was some crappy horse.

Lots of people really enjoyed it though, so give it a shot.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Hehe they have since changed that. image

go to www.camelotherald.com for more information screenshots etc about the game.

- Malkavian image

Thanx. Any other games you would suggest.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     FFXI. Everything is great except there is forced grouping which sometimes will be frustrating depending on what class you choose.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
    What's co-op?

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Hey and welcome to our humble boards.

Dark Age of Camelot would be a great choice for you since Malk is creating a guild for mmorpg.com and it will have many experienced and well educated players to help you. It is also a great game. How do I know its a great game? Because over 20,000 players are on during weekends. Thats alot for a 3+ year old game. And the numbers keep growing. I also have put over 250 hours into it and I loved every minute of it. Don't worry about the Trials Of Atlantis expansion until you reach higher levels. I DO agree that you will need the expansion to stay ahead in realm verse realm. Yes, I finally agree that Trials of Atlantis is essential. I found out when I saw a lvl 43 berserker kill a lvl 50 Warrior who was buffed up and didn't have TOA in a duel. Amazing. It also improves the trees! Anyways Malk and the rest of these good guys will guide you on your trip to the grand world of MMORPGs.

No matter how cold the winter, theres a springtime ahead

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

I just got two more questions. Are there many people playing it now and how do you pay the monthly fee.

10-30 regular MMORPG.com visiters still play it. Regualr, as in the people who post here every day. You pay for it with your credit card. It is an easy account creation because it is one form and not pages. Anyways you will see what I mean. You also get your 1st month free.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Please tell me there is another way to pay other than a credit/debit card.

Also can you build your own houses in DAOC.

• iberamiberam Member Posts: 20
    there is a pay by cash option never tried it though so dont know how it works

you can have your own house, there is controlled pvp, you select which realm(kinda like a country) you want to fight for.

ok i think i am going to buy this but do i need the expansion pack shrouded isles.

buy dark age of camelot gold edition it comes with shrouded isles.

Thanximage

*You should pay by credit card because it is secure and easy. If you must pay by cash check out paybycash.com. Mythic supports it.

*Contact Malk about joining the MMORPG.com guild. It starts next week, I believe.

*There are houses but you cannot build them. Instead you build furniture or buy furniture from other crafters to put in your house.

*The fist expansion comes in the gold pack. The second expansion- -Trials of Atlantis-you will have to buy seperate.

Have fun!

Awww shoot in all the hype about Prince Online i forgot to post.

Thanx Kiamde

- Malkavian image

Thanx again.