Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

daoc closing/minimizing a lot

damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

let me being by saying that i don't have any funky spyware or viruses on my computer, and DAOC is the only game that does this, none of the other games (wow, uo player servers, cox) do this.

at seemingly random times DAOC will minimize itself and occasionally just instantly close.

is this something others are running across?  i've only been playing daoc for a couple of weeks now and it's been happening since day one.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    I have never heard of this problem.  You can alt-tab out of the game.  This will minimize the game.  Perhaps instead of alt-tab it is a different key.  Are you running windowed mode?

It is either you accidentally hitting a key that triggers the windowing, or there is something on your computer that is causing the problem.  It might not be a virus, just something that is conflicting with DAOC in some way.  If you cannot find the problem, then call technical support. 

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686
    If it were a DAoC related problem I am fairly sure that at least some of our many customers would have reported it to our CS department, and I don't see it as a known issue... I'm not saying that it is completely impossible, but from everything I can see, it definitely looks like a problem on your system not with the game itself...

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

My guess is your antivirus software is running an auto-update and taking the foreground.  Effectively "alt-tabbing" you out of the game.  Norton, in particular, is bad about this unless you set it to update in the background.  

If it's not your antivirus app it is something else doing something similar.  Messenger software, ActiveSync and many other apps can do it too.  Any number of programs default to 'run in foreground'.  Make sure anything you're leaving running while playing DAOC (or any MMO for that matter) are set to run silently/in background/whatever so that they don't randomly flip to the foreground on you.

Good luck.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• KaledorKaledor Member Posts: 35
    What type of graphics card are you running?  If it is an ATI graphics card you might need to roll back your drivers.  A few friends of mine had that issue with their cards.  Rolling back the drivers fixed it.