Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Knights Online - Discussion Thread

MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Yes the latest of many new MMORPG's in development. 20 fortunate souls were specially handpicked to be accepted into the closed beta from our very own site!

Terra ICT. (M) is only allowing 100 beta closed accounts to begin with, making our community take part in 1 5th of this games initial population!!!!

Congratulations to all those that were selected. Once the account information for each beta tester is released for our community, I would like to propose we all gather at a period in time to take a MMORPG Beta Tester Screenshot whilst ingame.

For More Information Regarding Knights Online and its' development, you can visit their official site here: http://www.knight-online.com.my/index.asp

For those interested in participating in the Gathering Screenshot, send me an email through the boards.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Well my character will be named none other than....Dekron!  OMG...what a suprise!

--------------------------------------------

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Aye Mine wil be Malkavian.

Not sure if I'll be a good guy or bad guy. But i know im going to be a mage of some kind.

- Malkavian image

• UiruruUiruru Member Posts: 984
    I will probably be the typical swordsman... My name will be none other than... Crash override!!! No wait I think that is already taken... I guess ill just be Uiruru then... imageimageimage

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Oh my god... dont ask where i found it

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has, copy & paste this in your signature.

For the Screenshot, it would be great if you were present as your mmorpg.com username for reference sake :)

- Malkavian image

you know...all of us selecteed on mmorpg.com should be all good or all evil...that way we can all gang up on the opposing side and beat the holy crap out of them imageimageimage

Lol.. yeah that would be cool, but would all 20 people want to be on the same side???

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has, copy & paste this in your signature.

btw I might be a rouge...I loved ranged combat imageimageimage

Lol... yeah... imageimageimage

Studying over what maps they have released it appears they have designated fight zones or battlegrounds like in daoc. it might be possible we can meet there for the screenshot if we're to be on different sides image

- Malkavian image

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Yes it looks like DAOC on the Knights site, I to will try to use my members name so you all will no its me.  We can only hope to get our members name for the charater.

I will be on the good side though, so hope to see you all ingame as soon as info comes in.

I've already downloaded the client and waiting for the information to log into the game.  BTW, I've been on these boards all day long, I need to get a life lol.

Ive made up my mind, im going to be a Wizard.

I wanna know if the curse passed down from "The Lord of Destruction" ie, Black blood, (reminds me of Diablo) is going to be a passive effect/ability the orcs have.

- Malkavian image

Guy's dont forget to download your client ! You can get it from their main site under the downloads menu. Word has it we are likely to be issued our accounts anywhere from 24-48 hours. Here's hoping.

- Malkavian image

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    I havent decided for sure yet but I think I will try good side Rogue.  image

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

my character name will be adrialic. and it shouldnt have to be our mmorpg names, you can just doctor it up with paint and put arrows pointing to us with our names attached or something.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362
    pretty sure I'm going priest... don't know good or evil though... I'll decide when I start heh.

-------------------------------------------
    Some people sit at think about all the wonderful things that could have been. I no longer believe in that. I believe that instead of wishing you could change what's in the past to make what could have been into what is, you should work to make sure that your future is what is, and not what could have been.

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

No you don't HAVE to use your membership names, just make it easier on my part image

Besides I dont think they would allow your name SatansDisciple.... hehe

- Malkavian image

SD I was for sure you were going to be a preist..lol

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Well i'm thinking wizard would be pretty cool. But the question is, good or bad? I know we don't have to be on the same side, but it would be cool if we were. And we could help each other out in the game.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

I think im going to start with a Good Wizard. Easier for me to relate to the story as it stands for now.

Once im happy with it, I'll try the other side. I mean this is a beta. You shouldn't be restricting yourself to 1 race 1 class. Your purpose is to weed out the buggies on the good side and the bad. image

- Malkavian image

• Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249
    Game looks pretty cool, screenshots show a confusing UI though :( , otherwise graphics are nice, and player models look pretty kickin(I would say bitchin but is that allowed?, well I said it anyway I guess...), Will definetily give it a shot if you guys say its good :)

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Yeah that's true, i guess it doesn't really matter.

Well i guess we're still in on the screenshot though right? I hope there's no NDA agreement and such.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • madjakemadjake Member UncommonPosts: 233

I'm thinking of going Tuarek rogue or warrior.. anybody else think they will go to the Karus side? Probably be either named Breck or Harrold!

I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring
    - Richard P. Feynman, 1988

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

Yes my friends!!  El Desperado has been deamed worthy to join you all in this fine selection! 

Grats to all you that are in as well!  My name will stay Desperado.

I'll hopefully see you guys (and girl *wink at Misti*- yeaaah baaa-beee) in-beta, laterz!

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

I just love aisan graphics. They are awesome. The use of bright colours and presentation is always a key factor in their artwork.

As for the UI. I believe it is adaptable much like DAOC's where each "section" can be moved accordingly around the viewing area.

It's "quickbar" is very similar to DAOC's including the chat interface with the exception of the chat tabs being on the bottom. The information chat interface appears to not be attached to the main chat interface and adjustable also. 

The charater and monster modules also apper to be using a similar engine to Mythic with clear lines outlining the figures.

The atmospheric environmets also look like time and effort was spent there.

Overall this appears to be a well thought out and designed game with a good plot/story line to begin with. Once the beta is open to us we'll definately keep the boards posted with our progress image

- Malkavian image

• Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249
    Sad thing is though.. this game probably won't get anywhere with it being an independent company and we know how thats gone in the past(poor hardware, too small a team, funding delays, etc)