Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of getting into L2

::blank::::blank:: Member Posts: 154

okay.. heres the doeal..im sick of playing games like wow..i need something with a bit more depth and i like l2 i played beta..and the more i look at the screens i feel like i let a great game pass me by.. i like the way the game is set up and i like the idea of sieges and stuff..but what is there for new players? am i going to have to wait till levle 40 before i can play with actual people? is there crafting cause i dont remember? also just list whatever makes you play L2.. i really want to give it a try.

Comments

• WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

Hi,you will like sieges alot,its verry fun.

You will find many people at starting zones at least on my server bartz,i also see many pople joining Lineage2,servers are geting more and more full(rumors say NCsoft will do more servers on the next chronicle).

I like this game cause you dont have instances,you can find people on a dungeon,join them,see great raid bosses geting killed,heven if you are not on raid,you have intrigue betwin guilds,and large skale fights forged by alliances.

This game is a bit hard core,if you want to prevail,join a guild,that helps you with $$ and grouping with you,if you do just solo you can get bored.Learn about game economy is verry important,if you do this you can be lineage bill gates,most people faill doing this and buy game money on ebay,cause they dont have brains to do heir hown market.

Amazing grafics,and best sound ever done in a MMO

In 2 words

Amazing Game

• JaziaJazia Member Posts: 584

and to answer one of your questions, yes there is crafting in L2.

More like all items above middle C grade are from drop/craft only. The chance of getting a full drop at high lvl is like 0.000001%. So craft your way up. You need to gather recipes and materials though, most cases you have to buy from other players. Also only dwarf players can craft. They have crafting shops set up, so go find them once you have everything ready.

weird getting double post so often now...

• harkenharken Member Posts: 3
    i looked at lineage 2 once . i was going to play but since you had to pay i couldnt. i bought it then had to return it. i really want to play so when i get a job im going to try to play games like that with amazing graphics instead of those free games that have mostly crap graphics

• Username!Username! Member Posts: 165

For new players, there is a lot of things you have to make it easier:

1)Free Buffs
    2)Free Soulshots/Spiritshots
    3)A thing that follows you around and heals you sometimes
    4)Partying Bonus (for all actually).

I play Lineage 2 beacuse it leaves me on the edge everywhere. Raiding is amazing (especially now since they added NPCs that tell you about the raid bosses and now you can find a raid pretty easily for almost all levels).
    PvP is amazing! This one person came and started fighting the raid boss we were and right after we killed the raid boss, we killed him lol. Someone went red but ohwell ! There is a lot of freedom.

• ::blank::::blank:: Member Posts: 154

Well..im getting this game now.. thanks for the replys..cant wait.

np

btw, the real fun of L2 are from mass pvp/siege. The pve part isn't fun at all beside maybe the high end raid, but the leveling up is really not so good. But it's all for the sake of PvP/Siege.

In order to experience the fun of PvP/Siege, you have to be a member of a pvp active clan/alliance. In order to join one, you will need to be at least lvl 52+ imo, and even lvl 52 is really really low lvl these days. Just want to point out any lower will only be able to join newbie clans. If you can be lvl 61+, it'll be a lot easier for you join a clan/alliance that is doing decent in pvp/siege, and raid in some case. (the strongest clans/alliances pretty much have only lvl 70+ people)

If you play 3 hours a day, you should have no problem of hitting lvl 52+ in 2 months or less. Some people might think that's long, but not really as if you are a completely new player. Just take your time make friends, learn about the game, and save up your assets, while level up and upgrade gears, also learn the server "politics". 2~3 months isn't really that long at all, and by then you can try to apply to join the clan/alliance you choose, or maybe some friends you made will try to invite you into their clan/alliance.

bottomline, if no good clan = no fun in L2. Be patient, and work your way up.

Also what class you pick might also have an impact on how you will enjoy the game also whether a good pvp clan/alliance want to accept you or not.

The classes that are really needed by all clans/alliances are
    1. damage dealers
    2. supporting classes
    3. healers

Nukers are the most insane damage dealers who dominates pvp and pve who really need to be cut their power into 1/3, there are 4 different nuker classes. Archers used to be the most powerful, but now nukers can destory them in 1 on 3. Daggers used to be insane, now they have 50/50 chance to beat an archer. All 3 are DD (damage dealers), but nukers obivously is the god slayer here(I hate them!!! I played an archer).

Supporting classes are more variouable, while some of them are really tough too, some others might be a bit weak. The toughest of all supporting classes are Orc overlord and warcryer, both are orc mages. Warcryer will be easy to level up due to the fact they have good party buffs which are really easy to find xp party and good for pvp buff up. Overlord is hard to level due to no good party buff, but they are very needed for high lvl alliances in pvp due to the fact they can do alliance heal and other alliance wise stuff. Both OL and WC can destory archers in 1 on 2~3 too as they can nuke too with a spell called life drain with 80% HP return to heal themselves. OL > WC in pvp btw, because OL have extra skill called soul guard to increase physcial defense by a ton. dark elf blade dancer and elf swordsinger are also very very hot supporting classes in parties, both are fighters. bd is stronger than sws btw.

healers are obivously needed in all big pve party and pvp parties. but in my opinion, healers are no fun because they can't really fight on their own aside buff/healing, and do some crappy damage if they attempt to.

All above classes should have a much easier chance to join a clan/alliance. While supporting classes and healers are definately needed most, and might be able to join at a lower level. If you choose DDs, you will need to be higher to have the equal chance to join.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Hey Blank

You won't be disappointed. L2 is an awesome game. Jazia has some great advice

Keep in mind the fighting is only part of the game, you are going to really need to pay attention to the economy if you want good gear. Don't listen to all the cry babies about the ebayers. You can make lots of cash if you work the market system.

Depending on the class and how much time you commit to the market it may take you a bit longer to level. I play a Dark Avenger  now. Going through the Knight levels was pretty tough because my damage output was pretty sucky.

However I have the stun from hell. One smack and night night Jonnie-boy. Some smart ass took a swing at me the other day and it was lights out for him lol.

I have been playing non stop since last night.. took a three hour nap and i have been playing more.. i play ALOT of mmos, This one.. is just amazing. I dont see how this game has the bad rap. The "grinding" i always hear about is not half as bad as other mmos. I am finding it hard to find people to party with..but i am only level 12 with the charecter i have decided to play with. (tried a few races/classes)

i am a mystic human, i still know very little about this game as far as where the main population is..but i am having a great time finding it all out.. if anyone is playing wow and finds it too easy.. or bland like i did...play this game. It is a bit harder than most mmos...but thats why i think i love it.. i cant wait to get in a guild and have some wars.. much more to do before that..but just wanted to let you know i really enjoy this game.

Well you can't really try out every class lol.

Because,

All races/classes basicly play the same at low level, until... when reach lvl 20, you need to do a quest to class transfer. You have choices to become this or become that, there you start to have different skills than other classes. Then when you hit lvl 40, you'll have another choice to transfer class further. Many cool skills aren't available until very high level.

What you need to do is, do a bit outside game research to see what skills of each classes have.

Since now you go for human mystic, when you hit 20, your choices will be cleric or wizard. Cleric sux btw, it's a healer class, and will only become prophet or bishop at lvl 40. Prophet is one of the least played class in the game, most prophets are a second account buff bot because they have nice buffs. Bishop on the other hand is a group healer, but beside healing they really can't do much.

human Wizard will have more choices at lvl 40, go for nukers or summoner. The only true pure nuker for human is sorcerer. The summoner is warlock. And then there is a stupid moron overpowered class called necro who has the best of both worlds...best skills from both nuker and summoner. Well the rumor is necro will be nerfed in next expansion.

Sorcerer is really strong too, but might not be able to beat necro now though. Sorcerer is also easier to lvl also cheaper to lvl.

btw, as all mystic classes play the same at low level, you just use nukes. You can do hit and run, I mean nuke once and run back a bit while it's in reuse, then nuke again as soon as you can do it again. So you don't get hit. That's the same way archers use. It's called kite. As a ranged class, you have this advantage. So upgrade your weapon is more important. Mobs can often die before reach you.

Make sure you remember, in L2 the weapon is so important. Make sure you buy mage weapon instead of fighter weapon for more m.atk as you are playing mystic.

About where most people are, well since long time ago all the beginners' towns are quite empty. Since each area has specific levels of mobs. People moved on when they leveled up. Beginners' towns are the lowest, usually you shouldn't stick around when near lvl 20. Gludin and Gludio are two lowest "mixed" town, right now they are also quite empty. Dion now is still quite popular, as the mobs in its area are ranged from middle lvl 20s to lvl 50+. Giran has the people ranged from lvl 30s to highest 70s.

Thanks for all the help and info.. one question tho.. i started a orc mystic and she looked like she was used for close combat.. i didnt play long.. she had a buff spell and thats it when i started..

orc mages don't get nuke until lvl 7. (in case you don't know yet, all skills need skill points, and you need to find the trainer npc)

At lvl 7 orc mage gets life drain. I know it's kind unfair, consider all other races' mages can nuke 1 shot kill at lvl 1.

• TatsitTatsit Member Posts: 194

It has been ages since I played L2,

Did they ever change their PVP system? or they still proud that if you gank someone you go red then the entire world nukes you back to level 1 and naked??

Truely, Its a fun game, my only complaints is the downtime is really high for a game so dependent on grinding - and a truely awful PVP system -- (I am not including the sieges, just general PVP) Sieges I hear are great, but never got the chance to do one.. hit level 27 in by the end of open beta and decided on trying a little PVP and and wow...dont ever go red unless you can stealth :P

it was decent game, but I never purchased it after beta

Tatsit
    Tantus Games
    COO/Game Director

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    At level 20, after you do your class change, go to Dion. You will meet many more people there as that is the largest 20+ population you will find.

Unfortunately, sieges are more for higher levels unless you don't mind dying. other than that they are the sole reason I play the game.

Some of the best times I've had were in sieges.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Tatsit

Did they ever change their PVP system? or they still proud that if you gank someone you go red then the entire world nukes you back to level 1 and naked??

Truely, Its a fun game, my only complaints is the downtime is really high for a game so dependent on grinding - and a truely awful PVP system -- (I am not including the sieges, just general PVP) Sieges I hear are great, but never got the chance to do one.. hit level 27 in by the end of open beta and decided on trying a little PVP and and wow...dont ever go red unless you can stealth :P

random ganking is what you did, which is why you feel it sucked

random ganking is for carebears. We don't kill people for no reason. It's always clan/alliance war.

Originally posted by Tatsit

Here is a link to how PvP works in L2

http://www.lineage2.com/Knowledge/cp.html 

If you go red, thats your problem, reds have the best drops in the game  Choose your battles wisely.

By the way, from what I understand you can not really compare beta L2 to what it is now (C4). I don't know first hand, I've only played since C3.

double post sorry...I hate this board sometimes

Originally posted by ::blank::

Thanks for all the help and info.. one question tho.. i started a orc mystic and she looked like she was used for close combat.. i didnt play long.. she had a buff spell and thats it when i started..

Here is a good link to all the character races / classes /skills.

http://www.lineage2.com/guide/race_human.html