Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which class to play as?

In almost every single mmorpg i've played i have had an hard time choosing what i want to play as, and in a game like EQ2 where its a lot of classes the choosing gets even worse.

To help you guys maybe tell me what the best class for would be i'am going to list some games i've played and what i've enjoyed playing as.

WoW-Played as a warrior, enjoyed it, but quite playing very fast after i hit 60.
SWG-Played as an TKA
AO-Played as an solider(if i remember right)
CoH-Played an scrapper
CoV-Played as a Mastermind

As it would seem i love melee, and i've allready tested out some classes in EQ2(wizard lvl 20, Monk lvl 16 and just tested the first 6 levels in the start place with an necromancer and a ranger)

And the most intressting classes for me so far is:
Wizard, Necormancer, Ranger, Monk

I like to be able to both to decent in soloing, grouping and pvping if its possible.

So what do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance and sorry for mye crappy english :P

Comments

• KindleKindle Member Posts: 68

Sounds like you are already doing the right thing, testing out different classes and seeing how they taste.  You've found out how most of them fight, take damage, and work.  So now the hard part...but which one?

Good news is there doesn't have to be just one.  You can begin playing one that suits you, then when you get a certain itch, pull out the alt and play it for a while.  Some of my guildmates say they have more than one main, as they still can't decide and they are beyond level 40!

The pet classes are fun (I'm a Conjurer, good version of a Necro) and techincally challenging to play as you manage your spells, your group, your pet, and your agro.

Scouts are fun as they have more survivability and still do great damage.  Troubador/Dirge do less damage but have great buffs/debuffs.  I played a Wizard for a while, but got tired of the Root-Nuke-Repeat routine.

So, to still not answer your post, I say play them all!

By the way, what server are you on?

- Kindle - 61 Conjurer - Founding Officer and Reruiter - Foundation - Najena Server

Kindle - 68 Erudite Conjurer - Najena - Officer and Recruiter, Foundation Guild
    Server Index

• ChaosKinChaosKin Member Posts: 50
    Judging by what you ended up playing in those other games, I would have to say you would enjoy the Monk most.. it is a decent tank and can take a bit of damage.  It's not as high an output melee wise like a warrior/crusader, but its faster and if you get some decent gear, it can be a high end "meat shield".  I played one up to lvl 25, but I am happier playing shaman and cleric, so there you have my opinion on that.  I have never PVP'd but I have to assume it would be a good class, with mend and all.  Good luck and good gaming.  Cheers!

Bringing Chaos to your locale.

• Thanks for the replys.

Not sure where i should play, but since i'am from europe i'am going to play on one of the european servers i think.

Don't know if i said that i had a lvl 20 wizard but i'll agree that i don't feel for taking him any longer, was my first character when i started back in 2005, then i got a little inactive, and recatived again started with an ranger which i took to lvl 15 i remember, was fun, but i stopped playing for some resone i don't remember :P
    The in january(i think?) i reactivated once more and started with a monk, which i took to lvl 16 and i think thats the class i've enjoyed the most...

Anyway inbetween these character i've made a lot of other character which i just used to completed the tutorial thingy.

So yea its hard choosing, always have this problem in mmorpgs :P

• Started with a Necromancer, i've played a lot of melee classes in every mmo i've played so i thought that i maybe should try to stick to something else for a change.

Thanks for the help guys =)