Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AUTOASSAULT:A gamers perspective

This is NOT a review just some general info.

Let me start off with saying that i have not played a mmo in the last year for more than 2 weeks at a time.I have revisited old favorites(AO)and played socalled "hits"(WoW or EvE).BTW EvE is a stellar game imho as it does seek to break new ground in a genre dominated by "medievial"times.

It needs change in a desperate way so between CCP and NCSOFT it hopefully will be for the better.

Anyway i purchased AA about a week ago and at 1st i wasnt impressed.The game was laggy as all get out so i adjusted some settings and logged back in to find a smooth running game.

If your tired of fantasy and want some game that is great on all levels then this is the game for you.Take EvE,AO and Fallout and mix in some complex crafting throw in some Madmax for good measure and you have AA.

The game itself numerous classes to choose from but creating a character is not too complex limited choices as far as looks go.I figured it as a bit like EvE in that you spend quite a bit of time in your car.

The graphics and game music are really good as well.Remember when people were complaining about graphics in WoW being dumbed down?Well in AA this is a post apocolyptic world so there is a LOT of dust and garbage and deserted buildings.In other words it is appropriate for its setting.Think somewhere between AO and twisted metal.(but polished up a bit)

Have i mentioned that EVERYTHING is destroyable?(most evrything anyway).

When you blow up a gas barrel it BLOWS up real good!!

Ive not been this excited about logging into a mmo since my 1st.

Remember that feeling?

Well i do too as does the wife.(she is NOT going to like this 1 bit)

The game does need some tweaking here and there but what mmo doesnt need it when it 1st launches?

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

Comments

• DanovitcheDanovitche Member Posts: 94
    I pre-orderd a copy and played it a bit under the beta...
    The grafics and all was stunning but well the times was not, will be good to play with no time limit.

However its not realy THAT intresting anymore, I MIGHT play after a month or so to try it out.
    I am not sure that it realy fit my style anymore...

Cause if I need a mission to go out and explore outside town, well then its TOO restricted.
    I hope and wish it is not so.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
    Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Danovitche
    I pre-orderd a copy and played it a bit under the beta...
    The grafics and all was stunning but well the times was not, will be good to play with no time limit.

However its not realy THAT intresting anymore, I MIGHT play after a month or so to try it out.
    I am not sure that it realy fit my style anymore...

Cause if I need a mission to go out and explore outside town, well then its TOO restricted.
    I hope and wish it is not so.

You don't need a mission to expolre outside of town. I spent a long time just hunting for crafting items without a mission. Of course missions are the way you level up the fastest in this game. The more missions you do the more xp you gain. Xp gained via grinding/killing mobs is tiny compared to missions.

P.S. I love this style of game..never thought I would. The world is Fallout-esque which I like very much, Oh MUTANTS RULE !!!!

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

Can you explain about the pre-order looting bonus? Does it make that much of a difference? I'd like to play, but the idea of always being disadvantaged puts me off a little. [and does it stack with Veterans reward, can't imagine where that idea came from]

No annoying animated GIF here!