Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No more fizzles...hmm maybe?

NutterNutter Member Posts: 6
Shouldnt there be a skill to decrease chance of fizzling or something...

Like determination idk i suck at naming

Comments

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Yea .. like interrupts weren't enough :S Fizzle is just plain annoying to me rather than serving a purpose.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• VyavaVyava Member Posts: 893

Originally posted by DuraheLL

Yea .. like interrupts weren't enough :S Fizzle is just plain annoying to me rather than serving a purpose.

Its purpose is to add some randomness to encounters and have people level up skills rather than slack off. One of the main complaints in other games is that every action is predictable because they don't fail ever. Also it serves a purpose in making PvP more fun, just as a melee attack can be blocked didged or just miss a spell should be resisted interupted or fizzle.

• ChaosKinChaosKin Member Posts: 50
    I cannot remember whether or not EQ2 has a version of it, but in EQ there was spell casting concentration, and the more you worked on casting the lower your fizzle rate became.  You could never eliminate it but you could lower the chance of fizzle and interruptions.  It increased in each of the "schools" or "lines" of magic.

Bringing Chaos to your locale.

• pittelpittel Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I think it is your Focus skill that is similar to spell casting concentration.