Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

open letter to MMORGP community manager

CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

edit: doh! sorry for the mistype on the name in title

Just an additional note and forgive me if this is getting annoying to you but I honestly wish to know what the heck is going on at the DNL forums at mmorpg.com
There is a thread, a very informative thread, over there that has been locked by the moderator. Its in regards to the graphics engine in use by Farlan. A point was made about the legal behind the scenes going-ons in regards to ownership, etc. The original poster questioned that very thing. The title asks the question about it. one of the last posts is from the creator himself.

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/73215

We had the good fortune of the creator HIMSELF making a few replies, detouring the absolute and deliberate misinformation posted by another (who has had several posts deleted in the past few days). Responding to the wrong info posted by this "troll", the creator was elaborating on the facts (albeit he cant say much as legal woes are still ongoing) and it evolved into a very interesting read (and Kudos to mmorgp.com for the attention it is getting from a software developer!)
However, this thread was locked by the moderator.
One of the ONLY truly informative and shadow erasing threads in the boards for the lucky readers and the moderator locked it!!!!!!!!
Now, my question to you -- who is this moderator? It would appear that he/she is going gungho in the action of burying and censoring any info that sheds light on many misconceptions and skewed perceptions by the farlan and company ppl. This was the FIRST post that an actual creator responded to and made for an interesting read, wiped out the false info perpertrated by a trolling poster and confirmed what many of us there were thinking in the first place.
To LOCK the thread is completely ridiculous, no sense at all, except to say that now MMORPG.COM has hired a fanboi/dev/mod as their own moderator and are now delegating the same actions DNL employs at their own forums?
what is happening to mmorpg.com forums?

cc hard copy sent to Jon Wood, Community Manager MMORPG.COM

Comments

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

This issue has been addressed.

In the future, if you have issue with something that is going on, or with the moderating at this site, please email me directly at [email protected]. This is off-topic and completely irrelevant to the matter at hand. I am therefore locking this thread.

Cheers,

Jon "Stradden" Wood - MMORPG.com Community Manager

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

This discussion has been closed.