Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isn't this game doing well?

SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

I'm sure some of you will call me a troll and tbh, I don't care so feel free to but anyway.... How are the populations doing at the moment? I was checking play.com and i've seen the game has dropped by nearly half of it's price and made me wonder if the game is really doing that bad?

Well at 9.99, you can't really go wrong so the next question is an easy one... is this worth getting now? I don't want to goto the chip wars at 30 and just get completely stomped on, same with leveling and far as i'm aware, this is most likely going to happend.

Comments

• VelcroyVelcroy Member Posts: 93

Well I find it amusing that you are posting this since you utterly flamed this game to no end for a long time....apparently without even playing it at all. But I'll look over that for the time being.

The populations are great on some servers, not so great on others. Spirit server seems to be the most populated at the moment, and the most balanced. Sure, the numbers have dropped a bit after the first couple months, as happens with most games. But there are people joining up again as well.

If you really want to play and get a fair view of the game, I'd say wait a few months. The GIGA 4 updated that should be here sometime in June is going to add much more dimension to the game. Keep in mind the game does extremely well in Eastern countries, and the GIGA 4 update was apparently amazing for them, a huge success.

That being said, the game can feel rather empty at the moment. PvP is great, but PvE is lacking (will be updated a bit in GIGA 4)

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    I only flamed the game a few times from my experiences with the beta but hey at 9.99, it's kind of worth a look imo and if giga 4 can bring some life to it, it may be worth getting.
  • WhiteWind42WhiteWind42 Member Posts: 7

Giga 4s a long way off from what I can tell. Though with any luck it should sort out many of the problems with RF-Online. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, but there are many bugs that seem to be ignored.

Heres hoping ^_^

• Crassius_Crassius_ Member Posts: 5
    Giga 4 will be on test servers this month so I think we'll see it relatively soon. ;)
  • StalJesterStalJester Member Posts: 66

I'm actually getting this game with my friend just in a few hours.  Gonna probably go Accretian on Spirit...and to be honest, this game looks fun as hell to me for some reason, and I'm used to grinds so yeah.

Hopefully Giga 4 brings a lot to the table...I can't wait, myself.  Did they announce what's in it yet?

EDIT: Nevermind.  Found it.  Here's a link for anybody who hasn't spotted:

http://rfboards.levelupgames.ph/index.php?showtopic=6052

• N-KoshiN-Koshi Member Posts: 10

Right now lvl 30 isn't much in the chip war unless you're a pt maxer. Level 35 you begin to matter a bit. At level 40 you should be able to 'kill loads' and survive for once. Above that level right now (42+) you can make a difference.

My advice, if you start playing now then be prepared to get one shotted by others [b]allot[/b]. It will take you a while to catch up.

Oh and sure people have quit the game. This happened to Lineage 2 aswell right after retail with people saying 'ZOMG Korean grind fest, zZzZz' or 'Not enough content, I'm off'. But with the next update that should come out this month a load of content should be added. Keep an eye on the CM forums for info about this.

Hope that awnsers your questions a bit.