Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All 4 Archetypes Explained

Now that all 4 of the Archetypes have been explained im sure there is something about this you guys can talk about. Now that we know everyones "specilizations" but yet to know their limits im sure people favorites have changed or just grown more deeply for a certain class.

Mage Archetype

Warrior Archetype

Thief Archetype

Priest Archetype

There they all are. Any speculation as to be the most over used at the start of the game? Personally, I feel it will be the in the Warrior Archetype, and will probably be the.... Guardian? Just do to the fact he looks like he'll be the biggest tank and people like to have beefy characters to learn a game once it comes out. Any other speculations? Im sure you got something :P

www.worldofconan.com
#conan Gamesurge IRC network

Comments

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

It's really good. AoC is one of the few MMORPGs that I've been patiently waiting for.

But as for the most played type, I would have to go with Thief. For some reason it's really populat in the several MMO I've played.

• DarcwanderDarcwander Member Posts: 39
    I agree that thief will be one of the most played. I am also liking the sound of the melee mage that can transform into a demon. Between everything though I think there are a lot of choices so hopefully it will be some what balanced

• ClevelandRClevelandR Member Posts: 19
    Anything more specific then just Thief Archetype? Or 2 early to judge for you guys?

www.worldofconan.com

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

Thief classes seem to have more abilities/utility, judging by the skills listed, they look pretty good.

Mages could be interesting, they are mixing in a lot of hybrid caster/melee types, hopefully this will give them good survivability, something mages suffer from in most other PvP MMO's.

Warriors are looking a bit one-dimensional, weapon, armor, banner buff now go kill your opponent.

Priests don't look to be very well developed at this point. I hope this changes, as I prefer to play healers, usually the hybrid melee/healer. Healers in light armor doesn't sound good. The focus fire/ assist trains may make short work of them, unless they have some serious spells to keep themselves alive.

Looks decent enough so far.

• SeventhSinSeventhSin Member Posts: 18
    Well, it may be to soon to judge, but I'm a bit let down by the mage archtypes so far.

2 of them seem like they are more melee type, and the other 2 seem like pet casters... Is that it?!

• RadiotreeRadiotree Member Posts: 81

I’m thinking that the Barbarian branch of the thief class will be the most overplayed, at least until people start getting a better grasp of the game.  Deep down, everyone wants to at least try being Conan for a while; I myself will try it at some point.

Priest classes are usually my favorite, ever since my EQ Cleric days.  The “Scourge of Derketo” is tickling my fancy right now, but I really would like a bit more info before making a choice. 
  • ClevelandRClevelandR Member Posts: 19
    Well, at the current time, I think im going to change my previous decision on characters. Early on either here or on ageofconan.com or worldofconan.com forums I stated I'd play a thief at first, but overall they don't interest me at this point.... So I think I'll probably play it safe and take a Priest of Mitra. Seems to be the normal healer class, will be useful to others and will give me time to see what the other class's are like.

www.worldofconan.com

• zeedaamzeedaam Member Posts: 145

Typically the thief/scout/rogue class is played to death, especially on pvp. I like playing healers as I like to always have a group anyway.

I really really really don't like class tree systems, but I may look past this if the game turns out well.

• Database82Database82 Member Posts: 179
    zomg....lich

Current MMO: Aion
    MMO Watch: Warhammer 40k Online, SWToR, GW2.
    Played: Planetside, SWG, EQ, EQ2, L2, WoW, RFO, KAL, MxO, Voyage, RO,Vanguard,Tabula Rasa, Horizons, CoH/CoV,, Lotro, FFXI
    First MMO: Everquest (Tunare Server, Ronin/Tide Guild)