Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Add Planetside Reserves News.

ResokResok Member Posts: 18

I'm pretty annoyed that there was literally NO coverage for Planetside when the reserves program started (about 3 weeks ago).  In case people didn't know it's a completely free (but limited) 12 month account for Planetside.  Your characters are limited to BR6 which limits your versatility per character but still allows you to compete in weaponry against even long-timers.

I don't understand why this was given NO press coverage.  The game is doing well right now (I think just through word of mouth primarily the word has spread) since the reserves opened up, and many people are subscribing after playing.

The game has a pretty steep learning curve but is the most tactically challenging FPS that focuses more on strategy, coordination and planning than purely twitch skills.

Link to the reserves program:  http://planetside.station.sony.com/reserves/

Since MMORPG lists Planetside on their site (and even has forums for them) I'm pretty confused as to why no news was released pertaining to Planetside.  I'm hoping this is purely an oversight as many games that have even smaller player-bases than Planetside get news coverage and what Planetside needs right now is more new people exposed to it.

Resok

Comments

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Hi,

I'm going to reply to this as both the Community Manager as well as the News Editor for the site.

First off, rest easy, the lack of news coverage in this case was an oversight. As you can see, we cover a wide variety of games here, and occasionally (and unfortunately), things get missed. I was unaware that anything major was happening in Planetside, otherwise, we would have covered it. May I suggest that if you see a newsworthy story on the official website, then feel free to email me at [email protected] and let me know.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Cheers

Jon "stradden" Wood

Community Manager / News Editor, MMORPG.com

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• ResokResok Member Posts: 18

Thank you for the reply Jon.

I'm glad to hear this was just an oversight.  News coverage and links from sites like MMORPG are a huge source of word of mouth for smaller games that (apparently) don't have much in the way of marketting budget.  The day of the reserves launch I personally posted on several different website forums including mmorpg.com's Pub and Planetside forums to try to spread the word as much as possible.  I also emailed [email protected] with information about Planetside Reserves in order to get it added to the 'free MMO' list. 

My next question would be if there is any plan for news about Planetside Reserves to be be posted in the future (even if it's a bit late).  I'll keep your email handy to send any newsworthy information to in the future.

Thanks again for the respone,

Resok