Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buildings

illspawnillspawn Member UncommonPosts: 81
So is this game going to have structures you can build in pvp areas like in the descriptions or is that taken out? Sorry I looked around but I saw no real information that is current about this.

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    SoG has forts you can build and what others can destroy...when they're not bugged that is...

and with forts I mean misc walls with a pretty pole with a flag inside.

• and dont forget it doesnt quite sit right on the ground, its kinda funky looking too but uh, yeh...there will be some kind of "buildings', it may though have a wait of a few months AFTER release though, no one is sure as there is no beta, no stress test, no one has seen whats ready for release, no one is certain what will be ready at release and what they are not quite done figuring out how to do with the other important features so they are allowing for accepted mindset of at least 3 months after release SOME more of the promised features will be implemented. Now , dont take this literally, as they never said ALLLL of the features would be at release, they never said WHAT features will definitely be at release (even though you can look through the Q&A's and Dev Chats and they DO state all of this would be AT RELEASE but are now saying sometime AFTER release but nevermind that , cuz thats not really what they meant, you see, their translation gets lost for important issues so what they throw out there isnt really what they are trying to say and they never meant to say it so it isnt a lie its just that with the translation it confused them so it came out wrong, thats all ) and finally, they just cant seem to figure out most of the things from the original stolen technology and although they have made progress, they still have a bit of the legal wrangling in the thing so they cant be sued and lose, so altho no one there knows what the hell to do, they are learning and taking your money in the meantime.
  • ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by IKShadow

Edited by Dekron - Quote was a deleted post

Actually it is the reverse here.  There are few fanboy trolls like Blacksac that refuse to discuss the game or live in reality.  But he is most likely one of the two fanboys paid by Farlan to spread its lies.  As you probably know Farlan said awhile back that they have hired two of the fanboys to become devs.  Most likely well below minimum wage.  There are only a couple of Fanboys left that have not abandoned the game.  Balcksac, you and a couple of otehrs.  While its almost a certainity Blacksac is on the payroll I am unsure who the otehr person is.  Your posts often come close to merging with reality but they could be just setting the stage for new Fanboy  excuses for the reasons why DnL fails so badly at release.

Rather than having Fanboy trolls continously spread their lies unchecked this forum is different in that posters here are expected to actually make a well reasoned argument supported by actual arguments.  Something fanboys of DnL are unable to do so they instead when they come here they juist troll and call anyone who disagress with them names like they do on the official forums.  But unlike the official forums actual discsussion of the game is not censored and legitimate informative posts are not deleted.

Yes you have people like Blacksac that are most likely paid to bump their devs posts and who attempt to bury any legitimate discussion of the game.  But they are quickly put in their place as they have nothing of substance to offer the forums.  For the most part this a troll free area.  Where only a legitimate discussions and a realistuc view of Dnl is given.

• Originally posted by IKShadow
    Edited by Dekron - Quoted post was deleted

IK, once again, you are showing your ignorance. Most of us are not banned from the site. Most of us dont post on the dnl forums because you cannot post the truth there, nor ask critical questions, nor make any statement whatsoever that any mod/dev/fanboi/liar can/may/will find/assume/twist into something that even has the slightest tinge of "bad bad post" censorship. The rudeness, censorship, and overall general mentality at DNL forums is avoided at all costs.

I can think of  one regular poster here who is banned, banned for asking critical questions, banned for slapping their lies in their face, banned for telling the truth and was only TEMPORARILY banned for one week. 4 MONTHS AGO.

Most of the others who do post one or two posts who have been banned arent regular posters here as most prolly (and yes, I am making an assumption here, like you did, too) they are disgusted enough to go away to another game altogether.

I am not banned. I dont believe any regular posters are actually banned.

Really IK, your ignorance gets very tiring.

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546

Funny thing is, IKShadow and Panerdar are 2 of the people I sent some of the info that got me banned
    "temporarily" in the first place yet they still trudges on that Farlan
    can be trusted ...

Some of the people actually had their eyes opened finally while others just seem be happy being blind followers ...

• ZorbaneZorbane Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by LilBoPeep
    IK, once again, you are showing your ignorance. Most of us are not banned from the site. Most of us dont post on the dnl forums because you cannot post the truth there, nor ask critical questions, nor make any statement whatsoever that any mod/dev/fanboi/liar can/may/will find/assume/twist into something that even has the slightest tinge of "bad bad post" censorship. The rudeness, censorship, and overall general mentality at DNL forums is avoided at all costs.
    I can think of  one regular poster here who is banned, banned for asking critical questions, banned for slapping their lies in their face, banned for telling the truth and was only TEMPORARILY banned for one week. 4 MONTHS AGO.
    Most of the others who do post one or two posts who have been banned arent regular posters here as most prolly (and yes, I am making an assumption here, like you did, too) they are disgusted enough to go away to another game altogether.

That's one of the biggest reasons I post here.  If anyone posts anything critical the fanbois jump in yelling how SoG looks better than Oblivion and how I should go back and play WoW

Originally posted by Zorbane

Originally posted by LilBoPeep

That's one of the biggest reasons I post here.  If anyone posts anything critical the fanbois jump in yelling how SoG looks better than Oblivion and how I should go back and play WoW

The funny thing is you go out of your way to look at DnL in a favorable light and you always treat other posters there with respect and courtsey.  In return all you do is get flamed, insulted and told your a troll when in actuality your about the only who engages in any meaningfull discussion on the official boards.  If there were more poosters there like you on the official boards maybe DnL would not be in the mess it currently is in.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by IKShadow

Originally posted by illspawn
    So is this game going to have structures you can build in pvp areas like in the descriptions or is that taken out? Sorry I looked around but I saw no real information that is current about this.
    Edited by Dekron - Quoted post was deleted

Not banned over therre either. In fact I have never recieved so much as a single warning in 3 years over there.

I miss DAoC

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604
    Not banned here either. Never a warning. But then again, I only stayed at the DNL forums for a few weeks. Couldnt handle the junior high mentality.
  • GnomadGnomad Member Posts: 377
    Nope not banned either (well at least not the last time I checked). Just more fawnboi BS being spewed forth by IK......
  • PriscilapramPriscilapram Member Posts: 67
    No not banned but I do post at the DNL boards with my game name. However that is very limited as I do not participate in fanboi and glory filled threads.
  • IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

illspawn just take my word on it.

As you can see form LilBoPeep's that you cant post the truth on offical forums, thats why everything seems in order there no critisims no bugs metioned etc ...

hey dont worry just ask there you will still get some of the truth, but here all you get is bullshit from the bigest ex-fanbois who were disaponted couse they was too hyped about DnL ( and realised its not as good as they expected ... etiher at E3 video or SoG release) and now they dont have anything else to do than to troll around, couse they just could not move on. ( LilBoPeep is a very good example of new fanboi to "hateboi" conversion )

p.s. If you dont belive about ex-fanbois just check out some of the realy old topics and you will see.
     hehe I had very good time and laughs when I saw how naive some of them were and how quickly they changed to trolls ... ( dont try to search LilBoPeep, couse he converted after SoG release  )

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

Here you go again, bringing the DNL mentality over here and insulting most if not all of the users here in mmorpg.com

Lilbopeeps statements actually are true. The graphics are messed up.The buildings when built sit funny on the ground and are really simply a big fence with a pole in the middle of it. And once again, you are wrong in your ASSumptions IK. I happen to have been communicating with Lil off the boards. His screenname is different from his SOG name and his previous name BEFORE SOG release. He changed it because pioneers were told that thats the name that you will keep in game. So IK, if you knew his name before RELEASE, you may still have a few laughs, at your own expense. He was a skeptic looooonnnggg ago yet he still purchased a pioneer pkg. And he still has it. He is trying to give the game a shot but alas, Farlan and company aint helping him one bit now are they?

One thing you did say ..."just ask there you will get some of the truth"..........is the most perceptive statement i have seen you make in long while. SOME truth. Sure! there are buildings and the ability to build them.= TRUTH IN DNL.   Kinda. Sorta. Well, it WILL be, they are pretty lame in the construction and details and process and placement and not all are available atm but we were promised more but we dont know yet and we arent sure exactly what or how or when or if or why or how come about any of it even though they say its ready for release with no beta testing neeed but it still sits funny and looks wierd ingame but it wont in the game we have never seen yet. =TRUTH AT MMORPG.COM.

And I for one was a long time fan who even tried to convince ppl how clever they were in the ways in which they were handling all this. And yes, quickly turned "hateboi" (to coin your phrase) however not only due to the lies of which I was drawn in, but also opening my eyes and going back and reading allllllll the past years posts I was part of, the info that came down and yes, the "gift" of SOG was the last straw. Add fuel to the fire of no refund attempted by them, then more and more and more lies and a completely unplayable game and there you have it. An exfan who is angered that a company like this intends to lower the scale of quality, ethics and sense of community in a  community based game. So you see, even your own statement and assumption that we are simply disappointed sog'ers is completely wrong, incomplete and an ignorant assumption. Nobody likes to be lied to. Nobody likes to be taken for a ride. Me and THOUSANDS of others have thot and feel the same way.

Getting the truth out to prevent a company from ripping ppl off is why we are here. And yes, I will add, as I have several times before, its also now a source of great entertainment to watch them fudge up almost on a daily basis.

Less than a week until the truth is out and you will see all the old beta testers posting. Something else to consider: The terminated beta along with the state of the game along with the broken promises should have been allowed to have the NDA dropped. They may have kept a few TRUE fans.

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546
    I just do not get you at all IK.
    You already have all the info than most.
    You already stated that you have alot of info from beta testers.
    I know for a fact that I personally handed you a tid bit of info.

Yet you still attack the people stating the same thing that the beta testers have been saying all along?

You have been contradictory in most of your arguments.
    Like attacking others stating that the Earth does not revolve around the sun even after proof of the fact has already been shown.
    But in D&L's case, you are just attacking and belittling the same people here that are just reiterating what has already been shown to you.

It just does not add up or make any sense to me.

Originally posted by Kilim
    I just do not get you at all IK.
    You already have all the info than most.
    You already stated that you have alot of info from beta testers.
    I know for a fact that I personally handed you a tid bit of info.

Yet you still attack the people stating the same thing that the beta testers have been saying all along?

You have been contradictory in most of your arguments.
    Like attacking others stating that the Earth does not revolve around the sun even after proof of the fact has already been shown.
    But in D&L's case, you are just attacking and belittling the same people here that are just reiterating what has already been shown to you.

It just does not add up or make any sense to me.

He is simply trying to turn thios board into what the official boards are.  Rather than address the truth of any matter because he has no argument he instead is here trolling trying to flame bait every thread.  Why?  Of course to make the boards a mess so new purchasers will not be able to get any information about the game.

A few months ago Farlan said they hired two fanboys to work for them as developers.  Blacksac is almost certainly one of the two.  The second one who knows but there are not many fanboys left.   IK Shadows actions the last two indicates he might be the 2nd paid Farlan mole.  What more could he do to help Farlan scam money from people then attempt to hide the truth by turning every topic into a flamefest.

It is quite sad that every fanboy has refused to join in any discussion about the game.  Rather they just resort to immature insults and personal attacks.  The last 2 days  IK has attacked many many posters on this board, flamed others and just trolled trying to start fights.  My advice would be to simply ignore his flamebait posts and report every troll post he makes and attempt to get him warned or banned from the boards.  I have no problem with him liking the game.  We all differ on opinions but attacking other posters and attempting to destroy any discussion should not be tolerated. 

Rather I encourage him to use his brain and try to make an argument well reasoned or not.  Attempt to address the issues.  If he feels a post is out of line address the reasons.  Simply don't try to overturn threads simply because your upset someone disagrees with you.  But instead all we get is name calling and personal attacks.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

@ Kilim

Iam not attacking anyone Iam just stateing my oppinion.

Hey Iam not defending NP3/Farlan couse I dont see any reason to it.
    Are they lame in conducting/ informing fan base  ? YES
    Did they lie a lot ? YES

Those are all the facts but let say if questions are posted like:

1. Is gfx any good in DnL ?
    I shurley can replay YES I personaly like it and I think is realistic.

2. What do you think about SoG if you take away all client crashes and server instability ?
    I think its great teaster what DnL could/would be like, and it also shown me how far did devs get till December 05. I could honestly assume that SoG was lateset beta they had and they may nerfed some features in it that was unfinished buggy as hell etc...

But unfortently when ever I state my view of it I get flamed accused of blind fainboi etc ...

I belive this should not be named Dark and Light General discussion but insted Dark and Light Hate Club where all disapointed ppl gather and constantly post same FACTS over and over again in insulting way .

90% of opened topics are by 5 diffened users who already know all so called facts and the only reason they do it is for trolling.

Few topic titles:
    WTF happened to the graphics!? have they licensed the doom engine?
    Seriously, how dumber can the dev's get?
    DNL Mods are truly CLuELEsS!!

And in almost all of topics you will also find that kind of replays.

Originally posted by Zippy

He is simply trying to turn thios noard into what the official boards are.  rather than address the truth of any matter because he has no argument he instead is here trolling trying to flame bait every thread.  Why?  Of course to make the boards a mess so new purchasers will not be able to get any information about the game.

??? You must be kidding if I wanted to do somethng like that i could easly open gazilion of new topics ...

A few months ago farlan said they hired two fanboys to work for them as developers.  Blacksac is almost certainly one of the two.  The second one who knows but there are not many fanboys left.   IK Shadows actions the last two indicates he might be the 2nd paid Farlan operative.  What more could he do to help Farlan scam money from people then attempt to hide the truth by turning every topic into a flamefest.

So that those dobule standards i spoke about If you are pure hate bois there is no such a word as flamefest, however if you dont share the same view you must be banned hmm i think you already spoke that that is the way of DnL mods
    It is quite sad that every fanboy has refused to join in any discussion about the game.  Rather they just resort to immature insults and personal attacks.  The last 2 days  IK has attacked many many posters on this board, flamed others and just trolled trying to start fights.  My advice would be to report his actions and attempt to get him banned from the boards. 

Please stop it ...I ALWAYS gladly discusse about the game without any insults etc... just check some of the previous posts and you will see.

Just for once I would love to see a fanboy actually try to make an argument well reasoned or not.  Attempt to address the issues.  But all we get is name calling and personal attacks.

You got name calling and personal attacks here on mmorpg.com ?
    There is only one user who gets on my nerves and you know who is it.

It is quite sad that every fanboy has refused to join in any discussion about the game.  Rather they just resort to immature insults and personal attacks.  The last 2 days  IK has attacked many many posters on this board, flamed others and just trolled trying to start fights.  My advice would be to report his actions and attempt to get him banned from the boards. 

Please stop it ...I ALWAYS gladly discusse about the game without any insults etc... just check some of the previous posts and you will see.

Just for once I would love to see a fanboy actually try to make an argument well reasoned or not.  Attempt to address the issues.  But all we get is name calling and personal attacks.

Please stop it If any I ALWAYS gladly discusse about the game without any insults etc... just check some of the previous posts and you will see.

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• Originally posted by IKShadow

90% of opened topics are by 5 diffened users who already know all so called facts and the only reason they do it is for trolling.

Few topic titles:
    WTF happened to the graphics!? have they licensed the doom engine?
    Seriously, how dumber can the dev's get?
    DNL Mods are truly CLuELEsS!!

And in almost all of topics you will also find that kind of replays.

Gee you think it has anything to do with your posting of misinformation and well, flat out lies? When you do that you get shown how wrong you are.

In each of those topics, you have attempted to derail and succeeded in getting the first one about the graphics engine -- a very INFORMATIVE thread and a TRUTHFUL thread locked by your trolling.

Blaming me or any of the posters here for your incorrect, misleading, misquoted, ignorant (meaning you havent learned yet) and off the wall comments is truly childish. Tantrums arent tolerated here either.

And this isnt a flame. Its a response to your post. period.

Back to the point -- yes the "building" in the current game is laughable. And yes they sit funny, like they are displaced or something is under them making them uneven. A "fort" is indeed a fence with a pole around it.

According to some of the info the building will be "gradual" in SOGDNL. Looking back at the past history of this game, "gradual" would mean they havent finished it yet, havent figured it all out yet and arent quite sure what to do with it yet but they will bygawd!

The OP asked, I answered, as TRUTHFULLY as I could and stated my OPINION. There are several posts all over the web regarding this subject and my view/opinion is not a minority. The majority of the views on the "building" and "buildings" in this game is the same.

Farlan has yet to come out with a completed, detailed, planned information pkg on the process of building or the details of the buildings themselves. I am only going on what has been shown to us thus far.

well we do know now since one of the latest interviews that the buildings in town are aesthetic only , nothing in them with the exception of a crafting "building" - which no crafting was shown in progress btw -  which seems more to be tent setup than a "building". Seems to me its kinda hard to immerse yourself in a game that has a town that has buildings that are completely empty -weird actually.

The building of forts (wow! A fence with a pole in it) wasnt shown as yet. We do know they are graphically displaced evidenced in game as well as in screen shots shown.

The housing will be nonexistant at release. A promise of future implementation and we all know now what that means in Farceland.

yup, certainly has me salivating for the greatest game ever...pass the popcorn?