Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Putting faces on a few devs

«1

Comments

  • BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503
    What a bunch of fat losers. Helios looks like Ron Jeremy, Blixtev looks a fat Bart Simpson, and Rogue5 looks like he's jerking off to some old lady in the back.

    And they look like they are all conspiring to rob a Krispy Kreme's after the conference.


  • ObraikObraik Member Posts: 7,261


    Originally posted by Baseline
    What a bunch of fat losers. Helios looks like Ron Jeremy, Blixtev looks a fat Bart Simpson, and Rogue5 looks like he's jerking off to some old lady in the back.

    And they look like they are all conspiring to rob a Krispy Kreme's after the conference.


    Wow, you get top cool marks for insulting people based on their looks


    image

    image

  • ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776


    Originally posted by Obraik

    Originally posted by Baseline
    What a bunch of fat losers. Helios looks like Ron Jeremy, Blixtev looks a fat Bart Simpson, and Rogue5 looks like he's jerking off to some old lady in the back.

    And they look like they are all conspiring to rob a Krispy Kreme's after the conference.

    Wow, you get top cool marks for insulting people based on their looks



    Well, the code is bloated, slow and painful.  It reflects its creaters, it would appear.
  • dolaniousdolanious Member Posts: 186

    What's really funny is that Obraik is actually in that picture. Go back and look at the first table in the front, the guy in the white T-Shirt and black ball cap is Obraik.... now everyone can put a 'face' on the NGE fanbois everywhere. lol





  • ObraikObraik Member Posts: 7,261


    Originally posted by dolanious
    What's really funny is that Obraik is actually in that picture. Go back and look at the first table in the front, the guy in the white T-Shirt and black ball cap is Obraik.... now everyone can put a 'face' on the NGE fanbois everywhere. lol




    o rly?

    image

    image

  • SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928


    Originally posted by Baseline
    What a bunch of fat losers. Helios looks like Ron Jeremy, Blixtev looks a fat Bart Simpson, and Rogue5 looks like he's jerking off to some old lady in the back.

    And they look like they are all conspiring to rob a Krispy Kreme's after the conference.




    You lose at life for being a stereotypical asshole.

    "There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

  • kasrakasra Member Posts: 33
    don't u guys get it ? Obraik he dont even play SWG he is just here to make fun off us. If he was playing SWG NGE he shoudent have time to be here posting about how good he think NGE is.

    PRE CU FTW



  • akewlguyakewlguy Member Posts: 118
    some1 play swg lolololololol

  • ObraikObraik Member Posts: 7,261
    Crap, school holidays in the USA too?

    image

    image

  • pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    I have to admit that they look quite horrible. I mean getting a shave and a haircut is the least they could do. A couple of hours a week on the treadmill wouldnt hurt either.

    _____________________
    I am the flipside of the coin on which the troll and the fanboy are but one side.

  • ebenholtebenholt Member Posts: 312
    As Blixtev favoured BHs in the past I kind of pictured him like a little weasel

    "There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; those that come in by the window"

  • LilTLilT Member Posts: 631

    oh common, what did you expect them to look like? normal? They spend all day coding a starwars game for godssakes :D

    One that i havent seen a pic of is Thunderheart, im curious as to what he look like. :o anyone have a link to his pic?

    For the Horde!

  • FignarFignar Member CommonPosts: 417

    Well from the exchanges on the old Armorsmith forums when the CU was being pushed live between Blixtev and Armorsmiths he showed how arrogant he can be by disregarding any complaints people had about  armor not being economically viable. Main reason was because of the resources required to make it and that it was not really needed due to the level based system. He basically said I'm right your wrong live with it when in fact he wasn't. So i do think he is an arrogant cock end but thats my opinion and i am entitled to that.

    On a different matter may be he should audition for The Simpson's live movie as an adult Bart.



    Water cooled Intel Corei7 920 D0 Stepping OC'd 4.3GHz - 6GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM 2000Mhz - ASUS RAGE II EXTREME X58 Mobo - 2x HD 5870 in Crossfire X, OC'd 0.9Ghz core 1.3Ghz RAM - Dell 2407WFP Flat Panel LCD 24" 1920x1200

  • zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

    Loved the picture; for those fussing about looks shame on you and heres a little story;

      Years ago involved with a brokerage firm that had a policy of only hiring pretty people and it was apparent from any of the company functions, one specific function came to mind. While the "pretty folks were" assigned talbes and places out in the opening, chatting away, they had the computer programers and their wives in the very back by the kitchen door hidden in the corner.

       We had a ball laughing at the other folks and towards middle end of evening the other folks came and gathered at the programers table because we seemed to be having more fun.

        Oh years latter that company went out of business and I am willing to bet the computer programers got jobs pretty easily absorbed into the work force , not so sure about everyone else......

  • AthelaAthela Member Posts: 492

    There are more pictures on the SWG site from the summits. Too bad they aren't captioned so you can't tell who is who.  I think the devs actually look pretty much like the audience so no stones to be thrown there...  Helios could be one of the Three Musketeers  I'm sure Thunderheart is in the pictures but he must have gotten a haircut, last photo I saw of him he had shoulder length hair. 

    http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/en_US/players/content.vm?id=66900

    http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/en_US/players/content.vm?id=66901

  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

    Come and meet the DERVS oops DEVS that screwed up the once most popular SCI-FI MMORPG in the world. I decided to spend my cash on playing EVE online and paying for a 6 month subscription.

    Maybe they'll introduce prescription rather than subscriptions for SWG soon? Judging by the handfull of losers that turned up it seems both players and programmers could do with some!

    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

    CS Lewis

  • BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002


    Originally posted by anaic

    Helios, Rouge_5 & Blixtev


    Ha ha ha, they're all ugly. Take that, ya bastards.
  • LilTLilT Member Posts: 631


    Originally posted by Athela

     I think the devs actually look pretty much like the audience so no stones to be thrown there... 



    lol qfe.

    seriously, its easy to call someone ugly when you are sitting behind your computer screen. They just dont look like they dont give a damn what the popular styles are, they do their own thing, so whats wrong with that? Man, there's some shallow people around here.

    If you want to make fun of them, make fun of their coding and dev skills :D

    For the Horde!

  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332


    Originally posted by dolanious

    What's really funny is that Obraik is actually in that picture. Go back and look at the first table in the front, the guy in the white T-Shirt and black ball cap is Obraik.... now everyone can put a 'face' on the NGE fanbois everywhere. lol


    We got a clever one here...

    - Scaris

    "What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

  • phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512


    Originally posted by LilT
    oh common, what did you expect them to look like? normal? They spend all day coding a starwars game for godssakes :D
    One that i havent seen a pic of is Thunderheart, im curious as to what he look like. :o anyone have a link to his pic?

    Thunderfart is the guy in the left.

    Linky to pic

  • RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961


    Originally posted by zoey121

    Loved the picture; for those fussing about looks shame on you and heres a little story;
      Years ago involved with a brokerage firm that had a policy of only hiring pretty people and it was apparent from any of the company functions, one specific function came to mind. While the "pretty folks were" assigned talbes and places out in the opening, chatting away, they had the computer programers and their wives in the very back by the kitchen door hidden in the corner.
       We had a ball laughing at the other folks and towards middle end of evening the other folks came and gathered at the programers table because we seemed to be having more fun.
        Oh years latter that company went out of business and I am willing to bet the computer programers got jobs pretty easily absorbed into the work force , not so sure about everyone else......


    That's not uncommon, and is essentially standard hiring practice for many huge consulatncy companies.

    They will hire people based on their "communication" skills (looks, ability to spew keywords like there's no tommorow, and ability to negotiate the shirt of your back). These people are then put through 2-12 week software architecture/design/development courses (even with no prior CS or IT knowledge) and put to work as consultants on multi-million dollar projects. These projects are overpriced by a factor of 10 to 100, they run 2-5 times over budget, and are delayed by at least a year.

    There are several global companies like this, and they are making HUGE money off government contracts. These people usually charge $300-$600 per hour, the projects cost typically cost between $10 and $200 million, where as proper consultancies charge between $100k - $1 mil. And this is where the tax money goes, to good looking people. Literaly.

    There's no point in naming these companies, but they are notorious in the industry, and they actually demonstrate, how far connections, bribes, subsidies and government bureacracy can go.

    I'm actually surprised, that anyone would judge *ENGINEERS* by their looks. But hey, if you suggest that to SOE, I'm sure they'll quickly replace these people with pretty people.
  • BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503


    That's right Obraik and other NGE Fanboys. Defend them, bow down, and give them your $15/month for some amateur coding. Then go to sleep at night wondering if you're going to be able to find enough people for another lame, repetitive, boring HK-47 run, which will be talking about how the NGE sucks, because that's the typical day in SWG.

    You, NGE fanboys, are the suckers. Hell, the devs coding that game look like alley rapists. Now I know why raph koster and the old team left. He got pissed that they changed his contract to "babysitter".

    Edit: oh, and looking at some more of the summit pics, this one should be captioned "you're about to be out the job soon, what the fuck are you smiling about?" hahahahaha

    http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/features/summitpics2006/austinshots/austin-5.jpg






  • ObraikObraik Member Posts: 7,261


    Originally posted by Baseline
    That's right Obraik and other NGE Fanboys. Defend them, bow down, and give them your $15/month for some amateur coding. Then go to sleep at night wondering if you're going to be able to find enough people for another lame, repetitive, boring HK-47 run, which will be talking about how the NGE sucks, because that's the typical day in SWG.

    You, NGE fanboys, are the suckers. Hell, the devs coding that game look like alley rapists. Now I know why raph koster and the old team left. He got pissed that they changed his contract to "babysitter".

    Edit: oh, and looking at some more of the summit pics, this one should be captioned "you're about to be out the job soon, what the fuck are you smiling about?" hahahahaha

    http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/features/summitpics2006/austinshots/austin-5.jpg




    This isn't about defending the Devs, if you had posted a picture of anyone and then mocked there looks I would have responded the same.  If you want anyone to take you seriously on your cause I suggest at least thinking about growing up

    image

    image

  • akewlguyakewlguy Member Posts: 118


    Originally posted by Baseline


    That's right Obraik and other NGE Fanboys. Defend them, bow down, and give them your $15/month for some amateur coding. Then go to sleep at night wondering if you're going to be able to find enough people for another lame, repetitive, boring HK-47 run, which will be talking about how the NGE sucks, because that's the typical day in SWG.

    You, NGE fanboys, are the suckers. Hell, the devs coding that game look like alley rapists. Now I know why raph koster and the old team left. He got pissed that they changed his contract to "babysitter".

    Edit: oh, and looking at some more of the summit pics, this one should be captioned "you're about to be out the job soon, what the fuck are you smiling about?" hahahahaha

    http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/features/summitpics2006/austinshots/austin-5.jpg








    lol baseline u rule dood
  • iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    The one guy does look like Ron Jeremy though, funny as it is.
Sign In or Register to comment.