Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW news

zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926
Neutral Faction - what are your thoughts on having it?  Why do you think it should or should not be in Galaxies.  What are the benefits of having or not having it? 

-Helios Titan
-Lead Designer, SWG
"I fin

Wouldn't that purpose be served with "non-combatant" status?  Everyone will feel the effects of a war-torn galaxy regardless of faction.

-Helios Titan
-Lead Designer, SWG
"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

So, in theory you'd still be able to choose whether you're a combatant or non-combatant.  Your factional status would simply indicate which faction you "sympathise" with.  Everyone in the the galaxy will feel some effects of the civil war - even if it's just "the imperials bombed the rebel controlled irridium mines and now i can't harvest that resource to make and sell hailfire droids".  If you're imperial, however, you might be able to purchase this resource from an imperial mining facility.  In that case, sitting on the fence is actually a disadvantage.

Combat will never be forced, but War is coming.  Are you with the empire, or against them?

-Helios Titan
-Lead Designer, SWG

We're just talking here.  That's why it says "discussion" in the subject. 

-Helios Titan
-Lead Designer, SWG

from the disscussion on Game Play Disscusion the replies are interesting and reveals a new direction the GW may head into  Helios started the thread

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by zoey121

Neutral Faction - what are your thoughts on having it?  Why do you think it should or should not be in Galaxies.  What are the benefits of having or not having it? 
    -Helios Titan
    -Lead Designer, SWG
    "I fin

Wouldn't that purpose be served with "non-combatant" status?  Everyone will feel the effects of a war-torn galaxy regardless of faction.
    -Helios Titan
    -Lead Designer, SWG

So, in theory you'd still be able to choose whether you're a combatant or non-combatant.  Your factional status would simply indicate which faction you "sympathise" with.  Everyone in the the galaxy will feel some effects of the civil war - even if it's just "the imperials bombed the rebel controlled irridium mines and now i can't harvest that resource to make and sell hailfire droids".  If you're imperial, however, you might be able to purchase this resource from an imperial mining facility.  In that case, sitting on the fence is actually a disadvantage.
    Combat will never be forced, but War is coming.  Are you with the empire, or against them?
    -Helios Titan
    -Lead Designer, SWG

We're just talking here.  That's why it says "discussion" in the subject. 

-Helios Titan
    -Lead Designer, SWG

from the disscussion on Game Play Disscusion the replies are interesting and reveals a new direction the GW may head into  Helios started the thread

Why would they want to remove neutral status from the game ? If there is anything that was done well in SWG it was having a neutral faction , for non combatants .Also it emcompassed the underworld as well , Smugglers , BH"S , Criminals and mercs . removing that whole faction would not be very star warsy nor iconic .  

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

Part of content that is suposdely coming ( was suppose to be the expansion) is the galtic war rev up.

I am not so sure they want to kick out neturals but a more defined roll, when the big event occurs on live servers.

• freebirdpatfreebirdpat Member Posts: 568

Remember we are talking SOE and the NGE here. Its easier to balance two factions instead of having Rebs, Imps, and all the various Neutrals.

• ebenholtebenholt Member Posts: 312

Don't think that has anything to do with the GCW...

The devs just don't want to spend time making "neutral" content. Saves time and money. It's the same as when they slapped on cobat levels in the CU. They are LAZY!

"There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; those that come in by the window"