Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

possible mechwarrior mmog

124»

Comments

• jnicholajnichola Member Posts: 118

This thread is from 2006 ...

• DigicakesDigicakes Member Posts: 14

that would be awesome if someone made a mechwarrior type MMOG.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

To be fair Wardog studios is essentially making a battlemech MMORPG which is spiritually similar to BattleTech with Force of Arms

They're quite a ways off, though, from what I can tell.  Just had a little look-see in their "World In Progress 2" through the Multiverse client.  It's rough... not much to do, unfortunately.

Perpetuum is in CBT but it seems to be more concered with cloning EVE than being a battlemech game :-(

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by paladinhehe

FASA is no longer owned by microsoft.. the rights were baught by the guy who created it, and he has a new company called smith&tinker. includes mechwarrior, shadowrun, and crimson skies.

this is a good news for somebody want a professional to manage the funny games, so I wish there will be more and more people who like to play the game.

That's quite possibly the best news I've heard in a long time.

I've been longing for the time when someone would finally release a mech game that made you actually FEEL like you're tromping around in a 40 ton walking tank, as opposed to every mech game after MW3, which lacks any sensation of "bigness" at all.

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

Until MW MMO comes out I am gonna play Perpetuum instead, as close as I can get to Mech badassery

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by Robsolf

Originally posted by paladinhehe

FASA is no longer owned by microsoft.. the rights were baught by the guy who created it, and he has a new company called smith&tinker. includes mechwarrior, shadowrun, and crimson skies.

this is a good news for somebody want a professional to manage the funny games, so I wish there will be more and more people who like to play the game.

That's quite possibly the best news I've heard in a long time.

I've been longing for the time when someone would finally release a mech game that made you actually FEEL like you're tromping around in a 40 ton walking tank, as opposed to every mech game after MW3, which lacks any sensation of "bigness" at all.

That's not entirely accurate.  FASA no longer exists.  Period.  MS dissolved the studio in 2007.  Around that time, however, Weismann was able to get MS to license back the FASA IP rights to him and his company, Smith & Tinker.

However, S&T is not a major game development studio so for the upcoming Mechwarrior reboot S&T tapped Piranha Games to develop the title.

So far, PG has put out two Need For Speed titles, the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen videogame, and some bass fishing game.  None of them have recieved good reviews (or any praise at all, reall).

Their highest rated game on MetaCritic is NFS: Shift with a lackluster 69.  It only gets worse from there.

• BatakBatak Member Posts: 1

Anyway......

/sign

For anything at all to do with killing things in any form of Mec'

The day will come....

Keep the faith guys!