Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Promote your MMORPG

WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985
Okay, so quite often there is posts like "What is the best MMORPG" and "What MMORPG would suit me".
So, i've thougth of an alternative idea to that.

- Promote your MMORPG-

It's quite simple.
You state what MMORPG you are playing, and then you throw a couple of comments about the game in general(Note: Do not put comments like: It rocks, It's the best, or BEST MMORPG EVARR LOLOLOLOL), like: How is the PvE? How is the PvP? How is the visual side?
That was only poorly and quickly thougth out comments ofcourse, feel free to add your own.

Well, let's get started

Sovrath

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Im looking forward to Ragnarok Online 2, and here is why:

-Environments look incredible like super stunning with HDRI Lighting and Normal Mapping.  They obviously made some color decisions and thought them out, it has a great aesthetic sense while still taking advantage of the latest graphical coding.

-Combat, movements, and effects have been improved with wooshy things when you running and high combat speeds; not to mention WASD controls and the ability to jump which most who have played 2d Isometric games is one of the things you have always wanted to do. 

-Yokko Kanno is composing 92 tracks in this game.  Thats a major woot, which means this mmo will definetly appeal to Anime fans.  Ohh ya its an anime based game for sure, so if you don't like anime this isn't for you.

-Ohh its impossible for classes to be unbalanced since you can switch your class (also you can apply skills that you learned from other classes to your existing class)  I guess how it works would be confusing if you havent played RO.

-Equipment levels with you.  No longer will you have to grind the same MVP to get that uber sword, instead you have to grind yourself, then find the uber mineral and refine your level 30 class A sword into Ultra Uber Class S sword level 1.

• WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985
    Thanks for the reply Cleffy :)
    But i'd like to point out, that my intentions with this thread was to promote MMORPG's you was currently playing, so 'homeless' MMORPG gamers could look through this thread, look at people's different opinions about games, and then make their decision based on that :)
    Promoting not-released MMORPG's only makes my gamer-soul scream in agony, as it wants to try it out.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Well right now I am playing Worlds of Warcraft.  I am level 55 and its starting to get annoying.  I have done the same quest over and over again; well not the same quest, but quests with the same premise.  There isn't much else to do in this game but kill monsters, collect loot, and make your self a higher level.  If you ask me not much dimentionality.  However, thats practically every game out right now with the exception that Worlds of Warcraft did it well so its atleast and enjoyable grind.

Still I am looking forward to the next string of mmo's, Ragnarok Online 2 mainly to have a more light hearted feel to an mmo;  so many mmo's out there are overly serious and thats not too fun.  Also looking forward to features in other upcoming games like territory conquest that means something instead of hahaha I pwn so much I get this cool things; and also player run governments. 

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

The Saga of Ryzom

--------------------------------------

Genre? Science Fantasy. No humans, elves, dwarves, etc. Setting is the living, plant-like planet Atys, and the four races are Homins: Zora

Sovrathetlar

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• FuzzelFuzzel Member Posts: 8
    Thats alot of typing! Looks like a great game.

www.crytian.net , ORPG in alpha

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Sadly Oblivion .

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    This is a standard review of my game (haven't made it, just... MY game) I use on sites to promote it.

I (and many
    players with me) like the very addictive game play, together with the PvP. Yes,
    it's hardcore player versus player. No it's not a fighting game 100%. It
    involves a lot of strategy and long-term reflection. You have to plan ahead.
    And in a way that's not true. There are two types of servers. Perma's
    (never-ending servers, each of them quite unique) and rebangs (servers that can
    last up to 18 days, and the highest ranking players are rewarded with a medal,
    a status symbol) both have similar game play and goals but both are equally
    accessible.

You can
    team up in corporations, which is VERY much fun. And you can fight over
    galactic domination. This isn't like in other mmo's where the devs
    "create" wars, regions and such to get players to fighting. In SGE
    you can decide that yourself. And thus an average server is filled with
    politics and intrigue, wars and strives for power.

You might
    think that this is a hard-ass community, aiming for the demise of their
    fellow-players.

Big
    mistake. The community is one of the most open ones around by far. It's
    possible to encounter the wrong person, but unlikely. Since MANY people are
    really willing to help you out as new player. And continue to do that, since
    there's so much to learn.

It seems a
    simplistic game, but it isn't. You can get to Galactic domination in a lot of
    ways.

One other
    thing: There's a really close contact with the devs. They often listen and they
    tend to tell why they implement certain changes.

There's a
    steep learning curve. Although the devs did the effort to implement a tutorial.
    It's not a kiddie game, be warned.

The
    community is dedicated, but this brings with it that some players get upset if
    the devs change some things. Remember, it involves work to build up an Empire.
    And it's never fun to see your massive creation damaged by outer-game changes.
    So this tends to get out some rivalry between players. Some that supports the
    devs and others that question their judgement. But this only shows how much
    there is to care about this game.

In conclusion...
    You'd be a fool not to give it a serious try. Warning: Your social life can die
    because of this game. Soon wars and power will be more addictive than...
    Food...

It's
    ultimately worth it to venture in a game that has stronger territorial wars
    than many BIG-budget games. The graphics are decent and functional.

To add:
    I've played many mmo's, and I've especially sought to find the PvP ones. SGE is a game in which you can create your own window of opportunity in epic wars. But these wars aren't faceless, since corps are fairly small (limited in number) teams.
    And people aren't faceless eithe. You can stand out fairly quick, maybe because it's quite a small community.

SGE is like EVE, you either hate it or you like it. But you have to spend time with it.

Don't hesitate to ask questions.

• WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985
    Excelent reviews so far!
    Keep 'em coming(Small bump)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    edited January 2021
    This was a good thread, even though we needed an adbot to bring it back, I would promote LotRO, SWtOR, AoC and TSW, all great MMOs that "rock".
    Po_gg[Deleted User]Ungood
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    They indeed rock, so, let's start by promoting TSW.

What? TSW is dead, you say?

Well, as I see, this is a necro thread...  :sunglasses:
    [Deleted User]ScotUngoodetlar
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    edited January 2021
    I'm still playing Knight Online World after 15 years. It is the party based PvE and PvP content that I love so much. These guys are genius in that they release new servers every couple of years so people want to get a fresh start and can get back in the action and not be "behind" the curve. I've restarted and played 4 total servers in my 15 year career.

Soon will be playing Rise Online World though. It's basically an updated/enhanced versions of Knight Online World. Currently in Alpha. 

Ungoodfrancis_baud
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Ragnarok Online 2 gate of the world , time sure fly
    Back then i was " woow , they make a sequel , i am hype"
    nowaday " oh f**k , they make a sequel , another failure again"

Ungood
    edited January 2021
    remsleep said:
    Since this thread was from 2006 - I remember looking forward to AoC back in 2006.
    And what a game it turned out to be... sure, with a bumpy and early launch (kinda like CP2077 :) ), but a really good game was hiding under the few-to-countless bugs, depending on your gear (again, kinda like CP2077 and PC vs old consoles).

If you don't mind maintenance mode, it's still a good game to play. Rarely it even gets smaller updates.
    The "dark side" (pvp players) occasionally makes an attempt to drag Crom, the PvE server closer to their empty Fury, but so far these attempts were dodged. 

(does that qualify as promoting?)
    ed. Not to mention it's a safe environment :) 
    Post edited by Po_gg on
    Scot
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    remsleep said:
    Since this thread was from 2006 - I remember looking forward to AoC back in 2006.

AoC and Warhammer were two highly hyped games...After both of those failed hard, I no longer fall for the hype anymore.
    Gdemami
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    remsleep said:

AoC and Warhammer were two highly hyped games...After both of those failed hard, I no longer fall for the hype anymore.
    I get a lot of players didn't like AoC and Warhammer, and they didn't become blockbusters.

They didn't fail for me though, I really enjoyed AoC for many years.  Warhammer I played less, but now on the private Returning of Reckoning server... I really get my RvR fix on.  Those were solid MMORPGS for me at least.
    Po_gg
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    edited January 2021
    remsleep said:

I get a lot of players didn't like AoC and Warhammer, and they didn't become blockbusters.

They didn't fail for me though, I really enjoyed AoC for many years.  Warhammer I played less, but now on the private Returning of Reckoning server... I really get my RvR fix on.  Those were solid MMORPGS for me at least.
    Same here I thought AoC did not deserve the criticism it got, played it for two or three years. I did not stay long in WH though that was down to playing two MMOs full time which was a nightmare.
    Po_gg
    Scot said:
    Same here I thought AoC did not deserve the criticism it got, played it for two or three years.
    Likewise, and that's why I brought CP2077 as an analog (the entire web is all about the bugs and glitches and how bad it is on the old consoles, while 80% of the sales were on PC...), AoC had a similar backlash. Downscaled though, since the hype train wasn't fuelled this much, the recent years were really bad on that, players are hyped way too easy.

I ain't saying AoC critiques were unjustified. It really was a rushed and early launch, it had valid bugs with some missions and items (like that one mission in Conall's valley, which stayed that buggy way for more than year and was mocked as the "/petition tutorial" mission, which has taught new players how to contact a GM :) ),
    it really got muted after Tortage (no NPC voiceovers anymore, besides the main quest line),
    it really had a content draught in the level 40-60 region due to the rushed launch,
    and the line could keep going.

However, most (other) complaints were purely performance related. True, at that time the average "MMORPG gear" was pretty low, with a bit of exaggeration games could run on a potato even, and when those players tried AoC it probably was a struggle.

Still, those complaints got the loudest presence, which seems just off.
    I mean, the game had (just dug out the box) literally right on the cover listed the required 3GHz P4, and the Geforce 6600 - and I too was worried a bit, since my Q6600 was only 2.4GHz, but quad-core instead of duo and apparently that was the better pick at the end, turned out AoC likes the cores more than the clock speed.

Yep, AoC had a bad launch, but it should be considered bad due to the missing content and voices and the broken quests, and not because of the performance issues on below-the-specs gear...
    Scot
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    Po_gg said:
    They indeed rock, so, let's start by promoting TSW.

What? TSW is dead, you say?

Well, as I see, this is a necro thread...  :sunglasses:

TSW is still there for the diehards last I knew. If they finally put it down SWL will likely still be around for those that can get over it.
  • ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I play Champions of Regnum. The game is about 13+ years old, i've played for about 8 years.

Probably the best RvR open pvp mmo ive played.

Well balanced pvp. Very interesting combos.

Simple straightforward war.Everyone knows where to go once they look at the war map.

Enough decision pathways during the war sequence for each faction, so that there is always interesting shouting/ discussion on what to do next. 

Simple appealing gfx, very relaxing environment.

Very casual and chill community/game style. war or not, everyone can still enjoy the chat and relaxing environments.

How is the PvE? Well, this is a pvp game. The pve is mainly just filler.

How is the PvP? See above.
    How is the visual side? See above.

Check out the official discord if the game appeals to you: https://discord.gg/mru4Bvpz