Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The future of WoW?

SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

Okay, i'm going to try and make this as unbiased as possible but really what do people see for the future in WoW?

Now it is evident that blizzard are focusing on a raid-centric pve game and the majority of their content is towards the pve aspects and gear hunting. Now if we look at the past two patches and what is planned for the next one, we can see this from proof but I'm honestly wondering what blizzard have planned for the future of WoW? The next patch is supposed to bring a new 40 man dungeon which will offer gear which surpasses the rest in the game and i'm really wondering, are blizzard really having long term ambitions with the game? The majority of guilds, if not everyone, is farming BWL still and some are doing AQ but nobody really has that on farm status. Is there really a need for a new 40 man dungeon?

I could also bring up the lack of imagination in the last few patches.... AQ was a nightmare with the farming for everything and clearly is a sign of blizzard either losing ideas, or getting obsessed with making people do boring repetitive tasks.  Now with 1.10, we have a casuals dream patch supposedly but the quests you have to do to get them, are nothing more than a mindless repetitive task which casuals don't want and didn't buy the game for.

There is also a lack of future mentionings on the website of what we are to expect, i know the expansion is coming but really, it doesn't offer anything innovative in terms of WoW other than the flying mounts. Now the only other game i followed, was SWG back when it was a game people loved and the updates actually added stuff and attempted to offer new things to players as did it's first expansion.  I know it's hard for me to compare WoW to SWG as it's clearly totally different (well was!) but the next game like WoW, is probably EQ and i'm sure even they offered some actual new content which wasn't just raid centric? Still it's funny how blizzard claimed WoW wouldn't be an EQ clone, big joke that turned out to be!

Anyway, the point of this topic is that I truly don't believe WoW doesn't have a proper future and that it seems blizzard plan on releasing more raid content until the expansion and then continue to release raid content for level 70s... now to me, this is them releasing stuff without any long term ambitions because if that is the future, it won't be all that long before even the hardiest of hardcore "phat lewts" people, will get bored.

Even before I quit, i've seen a lot of people quitting recently because they are questioning what is the point to playing this game anymore. The top guilds on my old server, were recruiting various classes due to a lot of their members quitting and lets not forget the pvpers, all the smart people who wanted this game for pvp, probably quit a long time ago. It makes me wonder where the over 5m subscribers come from.

Anyway, I didn't want to turn this into a whine/complaint but more of a nice little forum debate to see what other people think the future holds for WoW.

Comments

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by Senden

Okay, i'm going to try and make this as unbiased as possible but really what do people see for the future in WoW?
    Now it is evident that blizzard are focusing on a raid-centric pve game and the majority of their content is towards the pve aspects and gear hunting. Now if we look at the past two patches and what is planned for the next one, we can see this from proof but I'm honestly wondering what blizzard have planned for the future of WoW? The next patch is supposed to bring a new 40 man dungeon which will offer gear which surpasses the rest in the game and i'm really wondering, are blizzard really having long term ambitions with the game? The majority of guilds, if not everyone, is farming BWL still and some are doing AQ but nobody really has that on farm status. Is there really a need for a new 40 man dungeon?
    I could also bring up the lack of imagination in the last few patches.... AQ was a nightmare with the farming for everything and clearly is a sign of blizzard either losing ideas, or getting obsessed with making people do boring repetitive tasks.  Now with 1.10, we have a casuals dream patch supposedly but the quests you have to do to get them, are nothing more than a mindless repetitive task which casuals don't want and didn't buy the game for.
    There is also a lack of future mentionings on the website of what we are to expect, i know the expansion is coming but really, it doesn't offer anything innovative in terms of WoW other than the flying mounts. Now the only other game i followed, was SWG back when it was a game people loved and the updates actually added stuff and attempted to offer new things to players as did it's first expansion.  I know it's hard for me to compare WoW to SWG as it's clearly totally different (well was!) but the next game like WoW, is probably EQ and i'm sure even they offered some actual new content which wasn't just raid centric? Still it's funny how blizzard claimed WoW wouldn't be an EQ clone, big joke that turned out to be!
    Anyway, the point of this topic is that I truly don't believe WoW doesn't have a proper future and that it seems blizzard plan on releasing more raid content until the expansion and then continue to release raid content for level 70s... now to me, this is them releasing stuff without any long term ambitions because if that is the future, it won't be all that long before even the hardiest of hardcore "phat lewts" people, will get bored.
    Even before I quit, i've seen a lot of people quitting recently because they are questioning what is the point to playing this game anymore. The top guilds on my old server, were recruiting various classes due to a lot of their members quitting and lets not forget the pvpers, all the smart people who wanted this game for pvp, probably quit a long time ago. It makes me wonder where the over 5m subscribers come from.
    Anyway, I didn't want to turn this into a whine/complaint but more of a nice little forum debate to see what other people think the future holds for WoW.

Its actually 6 million but whos counting? It also blows away any mmorpg game on this planet , subscriber wise. To go from hero to zero will take way too long to say the future of WOW is not proper.

You do make very good points on why some people do not like this game. But thats just it....its some. It may even be a failrly large guild.....but its still not even a spec on the radar subscriber wise. But in reality , its the points you do not cover which keep the other 6 million people playing. Sure numbers will decline and sure, it isnt the most creative and innovative game out there. But it is one of the most polished games out there,

You , yourself have played 2100 hours and thats just when you were logged into Xfire. MOST people dont have that kind of time, and people such as yourself are the first to burn out......on any game. Because frankly content does end when you blew through everything in between on your race to be superior.

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    The thing is though, it's not that i'm burnt out, I want to continue playing the game and I want to continue to love the game but blizzard are making it tough when far as I can see, there is absolutely zero content planned on being released which is different. Everything is dungeons, dungeons and more dungeons. Sure, many people love raiding and all but the way the future is shaping up, there will be just loads of new raid content, with very little things which increase other aspects of the game.

The thing is though, it's not that i'm burnt out, I want to continue playing the game and I want to continue to love the game but blizzard are making it tough when far as I can see, there is absolutely zero content planned on being released which is different. Everything is dungeons, dungeons and more dungeons. Sure, many people love raiding and all but the way the future is shaping up, there will be just loads of new raid content, with very little things which increase other aspects of the game.

I see what your saying, I wish there was more to do than just raid or pvp myself too :/. I like housing, decorating it ,putting up REAL vendors plus other things. Wish they would incorporate soem new stuff.

• CaptainRPGCaptainRPG Member Posts: 794

Originally posted by Bama1267
    Its actually 6 million but whos counting? It also blows away any mmorpg game on this planet , subscriber wise. To go from hero to zero will take way too long to say the future of WOW is not proper.
    You do make very good points on why some people do not like this game. But thats just it....its some. It may even be a failrly large guild.....but its still not even a spec on the radar subscriber wise. But in reality , its the points you do not cover which keep the other 6 million people playing. Sure numbers will decline and sure, it isnt the most creative and innovative game out there. But it is one of the most polished games out there,
    You , yourself have played 2100 hours and thats just when you were logged into Xfire. MOST people dont have that kind of time, and people such as yourself are the first to burn out......on any game. Because frankly content does end when you blew through everything in between on your race to be superior.

Everquest and Lineage II had a lot of people in the beginning, but after WoW opened and the player-kill-loot rule became a problem in L2, both games lost massive customers. Just because a company is doing well doesn't mean it'll continue doing well. While some of us can't predict how WoW will end, those of us who have played the game of the recent can see the aspects Blizzard is failuring in that might end up being WoW's undoing. So far bugs, imbalance issues, poorly designed pvp equipment, BG and honor system design are hurt the pvp aspect while the growing dependency on endgame equipment and the lack of groups doing quest and end-game dungeons is hurting pvp. Bad customers service has also rubbed many players the wrong way, even loyal ones. It's only a matter of time before the foundation WoW was best known for, will crack under the heavy expectations of developers to entertain players and desertion of disappointed & consistantly ignored players.

Originally posted by CaptainRPG

Everquest and Lineage II had a lot of people in the beginning, but after WoW opened and the player-kill-loot rule became a problem in L2, both games lost massive customers. Just because a company is doing well doesn't mean it'll continue doing well. While some of us can't predict how WoW will end, those of us who have played the game of the recent can see the aspects Blizzard is failuring in that might end up being WoW's undoing. So far bugs, imbalance issues, poorly designed pvp equipment, BG and honor system design are hurt the pvp aspect while the growing dependency on endgame equipment and the lack of groups doing quest and end-game dungeons is hurting pvp. Bad customers service has also rubbed many players the wrong way, even loyal ones. It's only a matter of time before the foundation WoW was best known for, will crack under the heavy expectations of developers to entertain players and desertion of disappointed & consistantly ignored players.

eh....Lineage 2 still have like 2 mill or so people. It never did well IN NA and did even worse a year after release. And its future is solid no matter how many customers it lost....its a given a company will lose customers at some point in time. But its future is not in question nor is WOW's.

As far as unbalance issues and bugs, tehy are far and few in between. If you do not agree, you need to play a few other games where it is rampant and they do nto take care of the problems. Are they solid gold in this department ? No. But not sure why it is made out to be a horrible problem.

PVP, I can agree with you on that. The system isnt great but it is what it is, maybe in the future they can overhaul it for a better system. Bad customer service? I suppose there is some but again I doubt its rampant.  If you feel otherwise, which it seems you do...thats your opinion.

Bottom line, this game will not any time soon come close to dieing. It will in no time soon even have half its player base cut. If you think otehrwise , you arent living in reality. The game may not be exactly what you would like it to be, but it has what most are looking for even with the minute flaws you have stated. Its future is solid as a rock.

eh....Lineage 2 still have like 2 mill or so people. It never did well IN NA and did even worse a year after release. And its future is solid no matter how many customers it lost....its a given a company will lose customers at some point in time. But its future is not in question nor is WOW's.
     As far as unbalance issues and bugs, tehy are far and few in between. If you do not agree, you need to play a few other games where it is rampant and they do nto take care of the problems. Are they solid gold in this department ? No. But not sure why it is made out to be a horrible problem.
    PVP, I can agree with you on that. The system isnt great but it is what it is, maybe in the future they can overhaul it for a better system. Bad customer service? I suppose there is some but again I doubt its rampant.  If you feel otherwise, which it seems you do...thats your opinion.
    Bottom line, this game will not any time soon come close to dieing. It will in no time soon even have half its player base cut. If you think otehrwise , you arent living in reality. The game may not be exactly what you would like it to be, but it has what most are looking for even with the minute flaws you have stated. Its future is solid as a rock.

1. I believe it's still 1 mill. It has the hugest Asian player fanbase because most people who play the game are farmers from that continent with a small NA player fanbase that make up the minority. I success is overshadowed by it's lack of appealment to NA players. FF11 is in the same boat.

2. Funny how you didn't mention EQ as it lost players in both the old and sequel.

3. Customers isn't a problem. Tell that to the paladins. The paladin had a huge drop in their population in patch 1.9. Recently 1.10 offered a lot of what seem to be bugs to their seals and enchantment proc. If it turns out they are nerfs, Paladins will experience yet another huge drop in pop. Warriors are steadily getting restless at one nerf after the other. Mages, who are due for an update, and Priest are getting one shotted and starting to become frustrated. Hunters got the 2k combo nerfed and Freezing Trap comb is up for areview as well, which isn't going to look good. Shamans are still overpowered and Druids got even more powerful. A lot players are avoiding endgame as the number of complaints are increasing with players ranting and raving about not being to go toe to toe with epic armor. Causal players can't get epic armors as fast or not at all, leaving them left out of most the endgame content has to offer.

Yet, you're saying this isn't a problem? Like I said, what's happening in WoW currently isn't official, but it is a look into the future of what MIGHT happen.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

I'm waiting to see what the expansion brings. Hell.. WoW has more content than 99% of the MMORPGS out there now... and they're what, a year old?

I'm guessing the expansion will have the other companies guessing up until release, and weeping afterwards.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

1. I believe it's still 1 mill. It has the hugest Asian player fanbase because most people who play the game are farmers from that continent with a small NA player fanbase that make up the minority. I success is overshadowed by it's lack of appealment to NA players. FF11 is in the same boat.

2. Funny how you didn't mention EQ as it lost players in both the old and sequel.

3. Customers isn't a problem. Tell that to the paladins. The paladin had a huge drop in their population in patch 1.9. Recently 1.10 offered a lot of what seem to be bugs to their seals and enchantment proc. If it turns out they are nerfs, Paladins will experience yet another huge drop in pop. Warriors are steadily getting restless at one nerf after the other. Mages, who are due for an update, and Priest are getting one shotted and starting to become frustrated. Hunters got the 2k combo nerfed and Freezing Trap comb is up for areview as well, which isn't going to look good. Shamans are still overpowered and Druids got even more powerful. A lot players are avoiding endgame as the number of complaints are increasing with players ranting and raving about not being to go toe to toe with epic armor. Causal players can't get epic armors as fast or not at all, leaving them left out of most the endgame content has to offer.

Yet, you're saying this isn't a problem? Like I said, what's happening in WoW currently isn't official, but it is a look into the future of what MIGHT happen.

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

Originally posted by Shayde

I'm guessing the expansion will have the other companies guessing up until release, and weeping afterwards.

That's the bottom line.  I expect the expansion will be massive - not EQ2 style.

To correct other misinformation here:

EQ maxed at around 500k and probably still has 350k or so.  As for EQ2, who knows.  It would be easier to get the plans for a stealth bomber than SOE subscriber numbers now.  I'd guess it never hit 300k.

The majority of players in WOW are not farming high level dungeons, despite the fact that some high level people like to believe that everyone is doing what they're doing.  It's been shown over and over again that the vast majority of players of MMORPGs do not get to max level quickly at all, and do not live to raid and farm uber equipment.  Being a very casual player myself, I've been playing for about five months now and I have five toons I like to play from 14-35.  Every zone I frequent with any of them - EVERY zone - is bristling with activity.  I am in no rush to get to 60 at all ... there's just too much fun stuf to do along the way and I plan to enjoy as much as possible.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

you mention it in your post, Senden, but you failed to mention the fact that Eberquest survived 7 YEARS, basically by adding content and Raids.

If there is a game that can be defined as the GrandFather of all Raid-Centric game, that is EQ.

THEY started it all. with guilds fighting over raid spots, schedules, calendars, kill the gods and so on. 7 years and still kicking, so i do not think that Blizzard is doing anything different.

Oh wait! at least in WoW we have an alternative called PvP that in EQ wasn't (unless in the special servers, a vaste minority).

What i expect from the future of WoW? Guild housing, conquerable PvP zones in the non-instanced world. More Battlegrounds. Raid dungeons for less people with "save" points that save your progress so you can complete it in a week or so (to be honest, they work that way even now, but the new ones should be even smarter in their saving).

More 5-people dungeons with wings, ala Scarlet Monastery. do not take a day to complete and they are darn fun.

More areas in the world.

More crafting opportunities, more races, more items, more everything.

Flying mounts and a region designed to take advantage of them.

Heroes classes and opportunity of alternate advancement after max level.

Am I making this stuff up?

Nope. all this things came from the DEVS MOUTH. is not wishful hoping, but what the Blizzard guys are working on RIGHT NOW.

I think WoW future is assured at least for another while.

Have a nice day.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• ridenarridenar Member Posts: 121

I agree with this totally, I been thinking the same thing. New raids are just more of the same content that was there at lunch, it's not expanding the game, making it grow and change. The whole point of an MMO is it has the ability to grow and change constantly..

I'd like to see crafting become much more fundamental to the gear in the game and become much more complex, player housing, player shops, player economic zones and the move away from AH.

Faction alignments that allow players to pick up new skills and talents.

PVP that means something, like the ability to conquer contested lands, while these lands are held by one side (i.e. not contested anymore) new towns, NPC vendors, flight paths become available. Make PVP mean something.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Originally posted by ridenar

I agree with this totally, I been thinking the same thing. New raids are just more of the same content that was there at lunch, it's not expanding the game, making it grow and change. The whole point of an MMO is it has the ability to grow and change constantly..

I'd like to see crafting become much more fundamental to the gear in the game and become much more complex, player housing, player shops, player economic zones and the move away from AH.

Faction alignments that allow players to pick up new skills and talents.

PVP that means something, like the ability to conquer contested lands, while these lands are held by one side (i.e. not contested anymore) new towns, NPC vendors, flight paths become available. Make PVP mean something.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

Originally posted by Shayde

I'm waiting to see what the expansion brings. Hell.. WoW has more content than 99% of the MMORPGS out there now... and they're what, a year old?

I'm sorry mate but I disagree with the game having more content, now this is probably due to my definition of content.. I define content as being different things in the game which keep it fresh. WoW has very little new stuff which keeps the game fresh and fun imo but this is probably due to the fact that I couldn't give a monkey's left testicle about slightly better gear.

As a former SWG player, you must see what i'm getting at about lack of decent endgame things to do.. i know SWG was uncomparable to WoW but the amount of things you could do would always keep the game fun. After a few months of WoW, what do you have left to do? Join a nazi guild which runs MC/BWL and be forced to play the game you don't like, join the battlegrounds and either deal with immature whiners or arrogant elitests, or you can farm like a loner for hours without really achieving much.

I honestly think the expansion will make some people come to their senses after the first few months because they will realise just how pointless it truly was to spend all those months raiding for gear which becomes instantly obsolete in comparison to what the expansion is going to offer.

1) 1 mill or 2....Im pretty sure its still leaning toward 2. Either way 1 mill would still make it the second most active subscribers of any mmorpg.. Id say that is pretty stable.....only point Im trying to make about this whole thing anyway.

2) Not sure why this would be funny to you? I didnt include EQ.....well because simply it didnt seem to apply to the example what so ever. But If you want me to.......yeah EQ and EQ2 are still both highly succesful as well and EQ2 will be here for a while....also highly successful by mmorpg terms.

3) Customers? I didnt say anything about customers not being important. I said the custoemr service wasnt bad.....and sure soem have had there share of problems but overall its good. You have to take this in %'s not numbers of people. They have 6 million customers of course they will have a large amount of people who are not happy or satisfied with the amount of service they have recieved. However percentage wise it is very low. Im not really sure why you make it out to be that pvp is in shambles and so unlbalanced? It isnt.........but of course that is purely opinion. I tend to think most of the time people who are bitching about it, just cant suck it up and pvp. Most of the time these so called people THINK they can play good and really cant. Ive got a 60 pally a 60 lock and a 60 rogue......I cant stand pvp with the rogue but then again I KNOW Im nto the best rogue who walked the face of WOW. The 60 lock is really nice too on a pvp server I got him on....he does quite well. And the one I pvp with the most is the pally, he doesnt kill alot of crap buthe is a good distraction and can heal really awesome. Shamans overpowered?  I used to think the same thing, untill I started playing one. They are really good but hardly overpowered. The problem is too many alliance players suck at being a paladin....they dont know there role in pvp. A paldin can be god as a support class. Once you try to be a dps macine with him........you fcked up. Im nto saying you cant dps with him but that isnt your main job.......save that to the mages rogues ans whatever class that it is made for.

Anyway I wasnt here to argue over what MIGHT happen. Most of the things stated by me or yu are purely opinion. Though I was tryign to make the poin that this game is going to be here a long while no matter how many customers it loses......which is a given. As far as needing more content other than raids as the OP stated, I fully agree. Can pvp be revamped and teh calsses tweaked......Yes, I do agree. Is everything in some kind of huge wreck lookign to fall apart? No , I dont agree with this.

• VicerynViceryn Member Posts: 177

i hear where you are coming from, but you did put a lot of time into the game. I define the casual player. My highest level is a 49 Hunter and I haven't even begun the armor quests. I have also been playing since release. To try and get around the fact that it does get repetitive, I make a lot of characters. I have 4 chars over 30, and 4 over 20 on the server shadow council. When I get tired of one, I will switch to another. This helps me stay into the game I guess. And when i can't take any of them anymore. I'll make a new one just to goof around on, on another server. I'll start playing it, miss my other characters, and go back.

As for long term, you gotta give Blizzard some time. Well, more time. God knows we are waiting for the expansion. Let them release that, and then either praise or complain about the future. Right now all we have are patches that add a little here and there. Hopefully the expansion will spark your interest in end game involvement. And when you first started playing, you had no idea that the game would be where it is today. Blizzard is constantly adding new stuff, if even small. Maybe if the sales for the expansion are through the roof, they will release another sooner than later. Lets just hope they don't pull an everquest and release expansions every other week.

just my two cents

1) 1 mill or 2....Im pretty sure its still leaning toward 2.

It WAS at 2 million and again the majority of the players playing it are Asian natives. Many Americans hate Lineage II. Final Fantasy 11 has the exact problem. To give an idea of what I'm talking about since you too dumb to understand, Onushmia 2 (Correct spelling?) for the PS2 a success in Japan, but it's sales suffered in America. Does this mean the game was a total success over all? Nope because the game failed to appeal to a wider market.

Either way 1 mill would still make it the second most active subscribers of any mmorpg.. Id say that is pretty stable.....only point Im trying to make about this whole thing anyway.

1 million is no longer the status quo like the days of EQ. Only gives company tells them that the game has potential to gain more customers, if they try to improve on the game. Mega Man is an example of games that 1 medicore sell gave them recognition for future sequels. GW is the same way and if the sequel fails to impress new players, the game will end. 

2) Not sure why this would be funny to you? I didnt include EQ.....well because simply it didnt seem to apply to the example what so ever. But If you want me to.......yeah EQ and EQ2 are still both highly succesful as well and EQ2 will be here for a while....also highly successful by mmorpg terms.

Did you not read my post, you twit? I specifically said EQ was successful, but after WoW came out, they lost. EQII was not successful. I don't know what you are smoking on, but I would like to have some of what you are smoking. The sells of EQII were lower than expectation and game had far lower population GW and were force to merge servers. The last I heard the game had 600,000 players total and that was 4 months ago.

3) Customers? I didnt say anything about customers not being important. I said the custoemr service wasnt bad.....and sure soem have had there share of problems but overall its good.

For one, I made a typo and forgot to include service at the end. Customer service is bad. 99% of the players get automatic responses from GMs. We had bugs since launch. Again, we just had a drop in the paladin population. Half of the servers are lacking in paladins. Many people are sending tells to the remaining paladins on the server to do endgame runs. The drop was due to nerfs to the protection tree. Many paladin have asked for improvements to their class and their change in their system. Not only do we NOT get any improvements or changes, we also hardly get any responses from blue moderators compare to the other class forums. Most of the blue moderators and developers do not play Paladins characters. PvP has gotten the hugest complaints, yet no response to thfan. And instead of trying to balance the game or fix the bugs, Blizzard keeps going forward with updates, frustrating their fans. Sound like good customer service to you?

You have to take this in %'s not numbers of people. They have 6 million customers of course they will have a large amount of people who are not happy or satisfied with the amount of service they have recieved. However percentage wise it is very low. Im not really sure why you make it out to be that pvp is in shambles and so unlbalanced? It isnt.........but of course that is purely opinion. I tend to think most of the time people who are bitching about it, just cant suck it up and pvp. Most of the time these so called people THINK they can play good and really cant. Ive got a 60 pally a 60 lock and a 60 rogue......I cant stand pvp with the rogue but then again I KNOW Im nto the best rogue who walked the face of WOW. The 60 lock is really nice too on a pvp server I got him on....he does quite well. And the one I pvp with the most is the pally, he doesnt kill alot of crap buthe is a good distraction and can heal really awesome. Shamans overpowered?  I used to think the same thing, untill I started playing one. They are really good but hardly overpowered. The problem is too many alliance players suck at being a paladin....they dont know there role in pvp. A paldin can be god as a support class. Once you try to be a dps macine with him........you fcked up. Im nto saying you cant dps with him but that isnt your main job.......save that to the mages rogues ans whatever class that it is made for.

Anyway I wasnt here to argue over what MIGHT happen. Most of the things stated by me or yu are purely opinion. Though I was tryign to make the poin that this game is going to be here a long while no matter how many customers it loses......which is a given. As far as needing more content other than raids as the OP stated, I fully agree. Can pvp be revamped and teh calsses tweaked......Yes, I do agree. Is everything in some kind of huge wreck lookign to fall apart? No , I dont agree with this.

- It's 6 million people worldwide and PEOPLE do leave because old players stop taking interest and new players replace them. Unfortunately, people aren't infinite so it's only a matter of time before they run out of new players.

- The game is starting to cater to hardcore players, leaving no room for casual content. Believe it or not, causal player make up at least 50% of the population of WoW. PvP is starting to cater hardcore players because the diminish returns on honor are harsh. The equipment effect on how much aggro they can produce has changed, especially for the Warrior, so you are force to find more purple armor and get better armor to continue doing endgame instance raids.

- Because the game is starting to cater more hardcore gamers levels are being increase, more dungeons are being added, more higher level armor sets are coming out and recently level 60 quest now offer more gold to players. The update are done constantly to entertain the HARDCORE player and it's the very reason why Blizzard keeps updating instead of properly fixing bugs or balance the gameplay. Simpy put, the more time a player has to consume to get something, the less interest they are.

These are thing I speak of, which is guaranteeing that WoW success mean crap in the long run. WoW knows it can't please both types of player fanbases or one player fanbase. They are trying to get the most out of it after already making their money off the product they've made.

There is no need to get insulting in calling me a twit. You make absoultely no sense what so ever. Lineage 2 and EQ2 are BOTH successfull by todays standards. And since you cant fckn read you dumbas s, I already stated the game bombed in NA.You are also high as a plane if you think even 1 million is not doign good in todays market.  EQ2 only had 600k .........only 600k is better than 80+% of the mmorpgs out there. And I dont think you really get what Im saying..........Im saying this game is here to stay...that is its future. Of course they will lose customers.................jesus christ that is a fact of any game.

Either way Im done talking with your ignorant ass............

you obviously are too fuckn retarded to understand and live in a land of make believe.

- It's 6 million people worldwide and PEOPLE do leave because old players stop taking interest and new players replace them. Unfortunately, people aren't infinite so it's only a matter of time before they run out of new players.

Yup, you hit it on the head ... and there's only about 5.94 billion left to try for.
    - Because the game is starting to cater more hardcore gamers levels are being increase, more dungeons are being added, more higher level armor sets are coming out and recently level 60 quest now offer more gold to players. The update are done constantly to entertain the HARDCORE player and it's the very reason why Blizzard keeps updating instead of properly fixing bugs or balance the gameplay. Simpy put, the more time a player has to consume to get something, the less interest they are.

I couldn't agree more.  If they had half a brain they would start reducing the max level and removing some of those silly dungeons and armor sets.  That way it would be much easier to achieve an egalitarian result and everyone would be happier.  No one would have to put in much time and we'd have more time to sit around and drink and chat.

These are thing I speak of, which is guaranteeing that WoW success mean crap in the long run. WoW knows it can't please both types of player fanbases or one player fanbase. They are trying to get the most out of it after already making their money off the product they've made.

You are Sooooo right. Success sucks.  Very few have grasped this point, but it truly is something to be avoided at all costs.  And the problem with making a lot of money is you worry about it.  When you don't have shit, you're worry free.  But get a lot of that dang money and all of a sudden you have to worry about banks and mutual funds and interest rates and what color Porsche to order and all that other sick stuff.  I'm sure the Blizzard people will learn a valuable lesson from this disaster.

I couldn't agree more.  If they had half a brain they would start reducing the max level and removing some of those silly dungeons and armor sets.  That way it would be much easier to achieve an egalitarian result and everyone would be happier.  No one would have to put in much time and we'd have more time to sit around and drink and chat.

You are Sooooo right. Success sucks.  Very few have grasped this point, but it truly is something to be avoided at all costs.  And the problem with making a lot of money is you worry about it.  When you don't have shit, you're worry free.  But get a lot of that dang money and all of a sudden you have to worry about banks and mutual funds and interest rates and what color Porsche to order and all that other sick stuff.  I'm sure the Blizzard people will learn a valuable lesson from this disaster.

(I give up, lol ... there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid or edit out all the repetitive paragraphs.)

Originally posted by Wickes

Success sucks.  Very few have grasped this point, but it truly is something to be avoided at all costs.  And the problem with making a lot of money is you worry about it.  When you don't have shit, you're worry free.  But get a lot of that dang money and all of a sudden you have to worry about banks and mutual funds and interest rates and what color Porsche to order and all that other sick stuff.  I'm sure the Blizzard people will learn a valuable lesson from this disaster.

Im sorry ........that was just funny. Im sure they are really sad about how much money they are making and feel real bad about the HUGE disaster of this game.......hehe. You and Captain need to puff puff give and stop hoggin the shit.

You two are ludicrous I tell ya............

Someone tell me theyre dealer....please!

Yo, Earth to Bama1267, did you have your morning coffee yet?   I mean ... you took my post seriously?