Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forget FF11, Come On EQ2

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

That is very hot indeed. I will probably add that puppy to the list as well as take a couple dead ones off :::^)::

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by superchrisypoog

I was very pumped about Final Fantasy 11, VERY PUMPED, but now that I seen EverQuest 2 screenshots, well SCREW FF11, final fantasy doesn't stand any chance at all against EQ2, in fact no mmorpgs will have any chance against it !!! just check out tha graphics on EQ2, everquest2.com, (notice the extremely high minimum requirments) !! (and no, if your thinking I work for EQ2, and is trying to advertise it ur wrong, haha, im just very pumped about EQ2):::^D:::::^D:::::^D::

hehe i second thatimage

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Unfortunately its still so far off till EQ2 comes out.  I am really hoping Horizons is as good as they are making it out to be since it comes out soon.

• ShelkShelk Member UncommonPosts: 66

Graphics only entice people for so long.  It all comes down to gameplay if its going to own or not.  If the gameplay is not there it will just end up as another flash in the pan everyone jumps into then out of in a few months.  When I check out these games I look at the FAQs and the stratics site before I even look at screenshots.  Who cares if the game looks like a movie, if it has weak gameplay it sucks.  Anyway we'll find out in a few months where EQ2 lies.

Shelk 

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Of course we no nothing about which game will actually be good, but i read up on every one now and i'm seeing that by far WoW will own. The graphics aren't that high, but the style of it makes you see right past that. And there is so much transportation in that game like riding horses to flying gryphons and sailing ships, the list goes on.. Plus the enviroments and the cities look amazing. For EQ2, the game looks too real when it should look like fantasy, and I think WoW nailed that aspect. just check out http://wow.warcry.com/ for all their videos they have tons.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by Shelk
    Graphics only entice people for so long.  It all comes down to gameplay if its going to own or not.  If the gameplay is not there it will just end up as another flash in the pan everyone jumps into then out of in a few months.  When I check out these games I look at the FAQs and the stratics site before I even look at screenshots.  Who cares if the game looks like a movie, if it has weak gameplay it sucks.  Anyway we'll find out in a few months where EQ2 lies.
    Shelk 

Completely agree. Personally, I really liked EQ's graphics but must admit I couldn't have stomached UO's after playing EQ - mind you, if UO was still Trammel in the Golden Age, despite no longer possessing a PK powergamer, competitive streak in me, I might have played because the sheer freedom really appeals to me.

Is it just me or despite loving EQ I'm not terribly excited about EQ2 - I have a nasty feeling that it's going to be EQ: Reloaded. I'm really looking forward to Horizons 'tho - I have been semi-waiting for about a year after a player on AyRo mentioned to look out for the title. At first, I wasn't impressed with the storyline but after reading the FAQ and visiting stractics, there are several novel features that appeal to me. It really looks like a social game and the main attractions are the player economy, community structures and the 'frontier' feel of the game where as you move further from Civilisation, the land becomes ever more hostile.

Just one other thing: I'd rather wait for a polished product (note: I don't expect games to be bug free but I don't expect to play games that are Alpha either) than say a rushed release such as AO or SWG.

On a 80's nostalgia tip, I now rarely play Pc games or buy them save Half-Life, Baldur's Gate, UT, TSO (for my sins - but I found it to be therapeutic) and especially the GTA series. Big props to Civilization. Man! That game robbed me of weeks, months damnit! of my life! My friend buys a fair few and hardly any entice me to want to sit down and actually play 'em.

For those old enough to remember, the graphics may have been shoddy, but those old Commodore and Spectrum games were some of the most polished gameplay wise I have ever played. Due to the technical limitations, games were first and foremost focused on gameplay. It really annoys me that gaming companies keep raising the bar for specs, but aside from graphics barely use current machine specs let alone specs 6 months from now. It's just a case of being criminally lazy.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"she's like this cleavagey, slut-bomb walking around going 'oh, check me out. i'm wicked cool. i'm five by five'."

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

do u ever post a short post riotgirl? hehe. and id rather play ff11. graphics dont account for anything. and i dont think eq2's graphics are that impressive. i love wow's cartoony look.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by SatansDisciple
    do u ever post a short post riotgirl? hehe

Yes :P

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"she's like this cleavagey, slut-bomb walking around going 'oh, check me out. i'm wicked cool. i'm five by five'."

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    I am with you SD, EQ2's graphics dont impress me at all.  Lineage 2 and WoW look much nicer imo.  I do hope EQ2 is fun to play though, I just have to give it a chance since I loved the first one so much.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

haha. is daria even on anymore? i used to love watching it, but then it just seemed to stop being on.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• DraconusDraconus Freeworld AdminMember Posts: 781
    daira is on a channel called Nogin.......my daughter watches all the time.....so the answer is yes...it is still on the air.

www.freeworldonline.com