Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anywhere i can buy this?

Stormraven1Stormraven1 Member Posts: 10

Ok guys my keybord batttry is lowso bear with me here...

Anywa i was wondering if there was anywhere i can purchase the reatil vrsion...i downloaded the client bt smething got screwed upand it doesnt ork...any ideas?

Comments

• phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512
    Re-download it?
  • ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

March issue of PC Gamer (U.S.) had a copy of the client on the dvd that came with the magazine.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

You should be able to download again then burn it to a CD incase this happens (it's what I do with the patches).

If you still want to purchase a copy I got mine from amazon at a very good price.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

Even if you manage to find a retail copy of the game, it would be 4 years out of date. CCP is very good when it comes to getting a client up to date, any install from within the last two years or so can get updated in one or two patches.

The retail release, however, is so old that the patches would probably be bigger than the whole install. CCP just recommends downloading the current client install in this case.

So... as far as getting a download that works, look around online. There are a lot of web sites that offer a download from their own servers. It may be a few versions old, but the patching will be painless.

I recommend using a download manager such as GetRight if you frequently have download problems. If you can find a download source on BitTorrent, use that since it will have better error checking too.

//insert sig here
  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

You can download the client here:

http://www.eve-online.com/download/

And if you for some reason want the game on a cd you can buy this:

https://store.eve-online.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=49

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

Originally posted by larryzhi

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Thank you for sharing.

//insert sig here