Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best game for PVP

I have been playing RYL for nearly a year and for all the bugs and glitches I have found that no othere game compares to RYL in the area of PVP.

I have in the past posted here and negatively blasted PWG for peroblems in the game but I have since tried several other MMORPG games with PVP and all fall far short of RYL POTE.

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    What exactly about the PVP do you like better than other games? Always kinda wanted to try RYL.

• spafonspafon Member UncommonPosts: 54

Ryl is by far the best because of the user interface and the 10 player parties that PVP with other parties.

Here are a few tips and the inside story to make ryl the most enjoyable PVP on the internet.

First I have to admit that PVP life begins after level 80.  So there is the time from level 1 to 80 to prepare your self for battle.

For the beginner it is best to have a friend that is already in game that can help you.  If you decide to join the game you can use my username, richter, as a referal and I will get a bonus.  I will also help you with gear and advice and have you up to speed in the shortest possible time.  With the right items a player can get to level 35 in a few hours.

There are metals that monsters drop that are used to upgrade gear.  These you save till you have decided on the final gear you will wear for PVP and start building it asap.

Sell all gear that drops to get money keeping the metals the gems the potions and books you can use.

There are now lots of quests that also give you experience and money and they help withy leveling.

As with any game if you have a guild that knows it you can advance much faster.

Another aspect is the use of VOIP with the game.  This allows you to talk to other players and find leveling parties and gear much easier.  So once ingame try to get on a Ventrilo or Teamspeak server as soon as you can.

This is a good time to join as PWG (PlanetWide Games) is currently being very generous with drops from mobs and with boosted experience for kills.  That lets a player level up faster than ever before.

You get 10 characters in game.  There are 2 servers and 2 races.  A player can have 5 characters on each server and most play both races, one on each server.  At $10 a month to subscribe that comes to a buck a player a month.  Where can you get a better deal than that????

• Mr.WiffleMr.Wiffle Member Posts: 10

Indeed image

The pvp is more skill based than other rpg's - Rouge classes have the unique ability to go into stealth mode and will be invisible to all enemies, this allows them to sneak up and suprise your enemies usually killing them in one hit. The rouge classes are Archer and Assassin, these classes both have a special attack that does much more damage in stealth mode than unstealth.

The pvp is skill based because there are a number of skills and also one can upgrade his/her armor and weapons to there liking, if you want damage, critical hit, or magic you can choose to upgrade those certain stats ( if you put all your time into it you could even have all the stats very high). The game is like an FPS (First Person Shooter) or more like a TPS (Third Person shooter) because you could use WASD to walk around and space bar to jump yet can also switch to mouse mode where you click to move and click on monsters to attack. WASD is much better and much more skillful.

A duel between a Warrior and a Sorcerer would show who has the most skill. The sorcerer could bind the warrior and easily blast spells until he is dead, yet the warrior has a skill called Lysis which allows him to disable all disenchantments on himself and therefore can excape bind and maybe one hit the sorcerer if he is lucky. Its all about timing and stratigy.

If you are in a ventrillo server (which I use), then it is much easier to get to know higher levels and get help. If you join the game you can always type "/c YOUR MESSAGE HERE" /c means you chat in global and can talk to everyone of your race in the game. Guides and GMs can help you but there would probably be more Guides on. And also - Ak'kans or MK (Alien like race) cannot communicate with Humans or KR ingame.

The Human side is in need of more support classes such as cleric/priest/enchanter so if you dont know what to be try one of those out yet they are kinda hard to start as a beginner to the game. A warrior or defender is more of a beginner type class. Hope this gets more people to play! C yaz ingame!

nice posts richter ^^

• Katana2k6Katana2k6 Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by spafon

You get 10 characters in game.  There are 2 servers and 2 races.  A player can have 5 characters on each server and most play both races, one on each server.  At $10 a month to subscribe that comes to a buck a player a month.  Where can you get a better deal than that????

In RYL MY where its free
  • Sou|Sou| Member Posts: 43
    <3 richter

• Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Katana2k6

In RYL MY where its free

he knows that already, after all, he was on Poseidon yesterday -.-
    guide-spafon

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Katana2k6

You get 10 characters in game. There are 2 servers and 2 races. A player can have 5 characters on each server and most play both races, one on each server. At $10 a month to subscribe that comes to a buck a player a month. Where can you get a better deal than that????

In RYL MY where its free

Then there is City of Villains-Heroes where you get 12 characters per server (so 4x12 if you are on euro-version) at 12$, but its a stupid argument since you can only play on one character at a time...

Here's the latest news:

RYL Path of the Emperor  is going Free to play within the next month. 

So all can try to game @ no cost and see why I say this is the best PVP game of them all.

• sunflamesunflame Member UncommonPosts: 181

Here's the latest news:
    RYL Path of the Emperor  is going Free to play within the next month. 
    So all can try to game @ no cost and see why I say this is the best PVP game of them all.

Thats a HUGE statement.... saying its the BEST PvP game...... considering the fact that the PvP is mostly based on items (and characters ) and NOT on skills AND its really imbalanced - i wouldnt call it the best PvP - however its a nice game.... (ryl1 was better - to my opinion) - but true - its going free to play so it might be worth our time :)

sunflame.

Absolutely Wrong! The PVP is skill based and is not imbalanced.  Only the quitting, exploiting Akkans who are constantly whinning to PWG to overpower the characters they don't know how to play believe that crap.

Many of the Akkans players were either banned from the game for exploiting or quit because they could no longer exploit to gain unfair advantage.  Well the same will happen again.  Unlike the other RYL games RYL POTE has ingame GMs who prevent that crap that goes on in the other games.  So whomever you presume to be speaking for with your use of  "our time" need not bother to condescend to giving a free game a try.

Absolutely Wrong! The PVP is skill based and is not imbalanced.  Only the quitting, exploiting Akkans who are constantly whinning to PWG to overp[ower the characters they don't know how to play believe that carp.

hai,how are you? prety pls

looks like you also need some WoW like sunflame

Absolutely Wrong! The PVP is skill based and is not imbalanced.  Only the quitting, exploiting Akkans who are constantly whinning to PWG to overp[ower the characters they don't know how to play believe that carp.

LOL... skill based - thats 1 of the funniest things i have ever heared. and not imbalanced????? have u even played this game (and btw. - i was human in pote and yeah i left the game a long time ago). and i just got to add.... LOL - skill based - hehe - good one

sunflame.
  • bunnylordbunnylord Member Posts: 3
    OH MY GAWWWWWW
    OH MY GAWWWWWW

Originally posted by th0rment

OMG  richter u really need a hug.

This game is mostly item based if after year playng it you dont realise that you need to change cabbage u havwe in your skull for a better vegetable. If the game is skill based y do such a pro like you always ended up dead when i played this game.
    Many akkans were banned ? ots not even 5-10 players that got banned. And just to remind you same "many" humans got banned also. As u should know majority of players that abused didnt get any kind of punishment. And some ppl that were prooved to abuse and got like deleveling got even a GM tag..... Im sorry my gunner cant blast ur butt off  but i aint gonna pay cash for product that aint even half way finished.
    The majority of ppl that actually quit the game cause they were fed up with PWG, or went to play some other game (or MY versions of RYL ) with their clans. To host a P2P game u have to have some brains that pwg is lacking. For ppl to think of , you are hosting a game that has a lot of bugs, and pvp glitches. players are harassed for host mistakes, GMs are enforcing rules that dont even exist,  and so on and on , what will you do ? still charge ppl 10bucks a monts for this kind of BS ? i dont think so. pote is a good example of how a greedy host can disencourqage players to play HIS game.

Personal note : richter is a homeless buttplug.

PS: cheers sunflame, i think we learned NOT to play ANY PWG hosted games anymore.

EDIT :  and free to play PotE was another empty words...  dont hope for it to go free, xfuktor has a lot of expenses ;)

LOL Thormant - i could NOT have said it better

sunflame.

RICHTER i don't know what's worse. Running into an open fire or listening to you go on about conspiracies, lies, bending the truth and basically utter and complete SHEEP SH1T.

You're like an old grumpy clown that forgot to put on his shoes and realised he ran out of make up. When the hell are you going to shut up? When are you going to realise that no one likes it when you say how the opposite race are exploiting just so you can attempt to explain a situation because you're too bloody stupid to realise what actually might be the truth. It's like someone shot you with an arrow with "i love the man's meat stick" written on it. Sometimes it's like i want a giant elephant to come down and T bag you so you choke on his nuts just so you'll stop causing so much frustration with the people you come into typing contact with.

RYL had many many things going for it with unlimeted possibilities but CiB, Youxiland and PWG suck so so so hard. It's taken them so long to get even close to half way to what we were promised. WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE 3RD MAP. RYL does have some of the best pvp in an online game but there is very little skill involved. Yes you do need to have quick thinking depending what class you choose but you could be 1 week new to the game and given decent items you could be in the top 5 amongst players that have played for a year. The game is item based which is pretty sad. The decent things the game had going for it they seem to screw up and screw it up to the max. RYL is a great game if you're waiting for a better game to come out. Even then RYL gets on your nerves with the lack of anything that makes you want to stay being done. There is so much more i could type about this game as i can fairly say i've had more drama and insight to the game then anyone, except for maybe like 2 or 3 other people but truth is, i really can't be arsed to.

This discussion has been closed.