Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Play interface

RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

What's up folks?

Those that have already been privy to the beta of Linage 2 could I get the following question answered? What is the control for Linage 2 like?

Is it like Shadowbane where it has a point click interface from a birds eye perspective (Diablo 1 and 2, Dungeon Siege, Ultima Online, Ragnarok...) or is it like Ever Camp... err Quest with it's fixed camera angles and keyboard command movements (Starwars: An Empire Disappointed, Dark Age of Camelot...)?

Could a beta tester give us a run down of the basic interfacing to Linage 2?

Thanks guys!

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
-Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
-Raptor

Comments

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

It is point and click like ShadowBane.

The interface is very simple, allowing you to do just what you need to do without a first week of headaches trying to figure it out.

K: 73% A: 60% S: 33% E: 33%

-Machiavelli

• kingslayerkingslayer Staff WriterMember Posts: 91
    Is there an option to use the keyboard movement or is point-click pretty much it ??

Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

I'm nearly positive it's strictly point-click, but you never know. image

-Machiavelli

• Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249
    ^^---obviously not in beta.. There is an option, you can choose point and click or to use keyboard..interface is pretty complicated though.

Actually, I was in the very first Korean beta, when there were only 2 classes...

And you obviously haven't played many other games. The interface in Lin2 is elementary compared to games like DAoC and EQ.

-Machiavelli

• ChrislesChrisles Member Posts: 24

Anyone know if the interface will be customizable like EQ?  Like custom chat windows.  Also can you make any up your own movement buttons and change hotkeys to the keys that you want?

• Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249
    fully customizable.. and interface is different opinions.. to me its pretty complicated.

• ChrislesChrisles Member Posts: 24
    thanx.... I think that I like the game even better now.

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

Do you auto attack like Shadowbane or is it a click fest like UXO or a better example like Diablo 1/2?

Thanks for the info here guys, hopefully the beta is soon and EB Games holds its word for those that are preordering L2 so I can answer my own questions.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

once you click on a monster your character automatically attacks repeatably attacking as fast as ur "Attack Speed" lets you...

then while ur fighting u can use any of ur skills from there and all that... pretty easy and straight forward... o ya, and yes u CAN use the keyboard to controll ur character altho the mouse is WAY better... trust me, they did an uber job at using the mouse in this game

--------------------------------------

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Oh thank god they have options for both control styles! 

I have been very excited to try this game but I will never bother with a mmorpg that is point and click only ever again.  Having direct control of my character via keyboard is soooo much better no matter how they design the point and click imo.

Thank you for the info guys!  image 

Kind of funny, is there anyone out there that doesn't mind either control method? Seems that one either loves point and click and hates the key commands or hates the point and click and loves the key commands. Is there an individual out there that likes both I wonder.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

I would guess there are very few.  I hate using the keyboard....

Point and Click all the way for me.  It enables the use of the keyboard to do other things!  Hell with the keyboard, the other hand is free. 

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

Ok, I'm playing it now. So far my only control complaint is that you have to hold down the right mouse button in order to rotate the camera. I really liked how Shadowbane if you just took the mouse to the edge of the screen it would rotate, not that I can't get used to L2's way. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get around in a world where everyone speaks Chinese and I only know a poor version of English. Talking to NPC's... ya... not happening.

-Raptor

-Raptor