Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars Factions Preview Launched! Join Us In Cantha!

AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

As the topic title says, guild wars factions preview event has been launched!

go to http://www.guildwars.com/ for all the details..

Comments

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

It's fun, but there's some pretty major bugs at this point. Not that that's unexpected, it's a beta event, but still, there's some nasty video bugs.

If you've got a Radeon card, get ready for the fun.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• TeeBeeNZTeeBeeNZ Member Posts: 259

I have a radeon card and have noticed 0 gfx bugs... only issue ive heard with people with video cards were fixed with having modern drivers and a DX9 install.

• XerqtionerXerqtioner Member Posts: 27

Guild Wars Factions will be unstable at first, just waiting it out a month and then playing will actually be more helpful, and fun. Server crashes, patches, restarts, tests, etc. will be held during the first few weeks of its release, so anyone who plans on getting it, get it when you can, but I suggest playing about a month after it's release, which is April 28, 2006.

There's always people that want to get ahead anyways. Few get there from the thousands that play.

"Dream as if you'll live forever...
    Live as if you'll die today..."

• TeeBeeNZTeeBeeNZ Member Posts: 259

Well, anyone who purchased the game so far has a 24hour jump start anyway. And id say itll be not quite as stable as the original on release but thatll change quickly as id imagine they're about 2-4weeks behind. I spoke to one of the devs a few days back and he was well aware of the balance issues and bugs people have reported.

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Originally posted by Xerqtioner
    Guild Wars Factions will be unstable at first, just waiting it out a month and then playing will actually be more helpful, and fun. Server crashes, patches, restarts, tests, etc. will be held during the first few weeks of its release, so anyone who plans on getting it, get it when you can, but I suggest playing about a month after it's release, which is April 28, 2006.There's always people that want to get ahead anyways. Few get there from the thousands that play.

Patches yes but they are small...most stuff is streamed to you get updated live in game and you never notice. The Factions release will be just as flawless as Prophets BWE and release and this FWE were. Did you even follow GWP release and betas...Unstable? Server Crashes? and Restarts?
    The Ice maker in your fridge breaking is probably a more common occurence. Unstabe and GW don't even belong in the same pharse unless the world "not" comes before unstable. You will find yourself hard pressed to do a forum search and find any posts flaming about downtime.

I can't even think of a time since the open beta the game was ever down. I also have NEVER seen 1 post complaining about someone not being able to play or crashing GWs outside of hardware/driver problems.

Think of WoW releases and current server problems. GW is the exact opposite of that. If some people wish to not consider GWs an MMO it should be because it has none of the server, patch, lag, release problems that are all so common now for the genre. Compared to every other release, expansion, public betas I ever wistnessed; GW's has been near flawless. Yes, there are bugs... but none that are game breaking that persist.

Yes for any other MMO I would suggest waiting 1-3 months for things to get into playable shape. For Factions? If you want to wait, a couple days is enough. The most downtime I expect you to have is some few minutes (based on your internet dl speed). And even then the game tells you a new patch is up and doesn't force you to log out. New factions players will Install or type in your cd key, download a decent size patch and play away, expect maybe 3-5 <1mb updates the first 3-5 days. Server crashes and restarts did not happen at Phophets release, I don't know why would anyone would Expect them to occur with Factions.

During this recent FWE their was no required downtime, and maybe 2mb worth of updates. This is typical of Anet, The game is up more and is likely more playable then probably 80% of the other MMOs available even though this one doesn't charge pay to play.

If you did have a problem this weekend it is probably a hardware or driver conflict. The most common one is probably related to Post-process-effects. You can turn that off, leaving it one can cause things to seem blury or super bright. Aside from that if you talking about armor not showing up and such, well that's because your cilent hasn't download the graphics yet. Once the game streams that to you that should go away. This is most obvious when picking your armor when making a PvP char... you would select a new armor and it wouldn't appear on your body right away visually. If you give it a second you'd download the image and the armor would appear on you. As far as I know the servers were up the entire weekend, I'm not aware of 1 crash or reset.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Originally posted by Bent

Originally posted by Xerqtioner
    Guild Wars Factions will be unstable at first, just waiting it out a month and then playing will actually be more helpful, and fun. Server crashes, patches, restarts, tests, etc. will be held during the first few weeks of its release, so anyone who plans on getting it, get it when you can, but I suggest playing about a month after it's release, which is April 28, 2006.

There's always people that want to get ahead anyways. Few get there from the thousands that play.

Patches yes but they are small...most stuff is streamed to you get updated live in game and you never notice. The Factions release will be just as flawless as Prophets BWE and release and this FWE were. Did you even follow GWP release and betas...Unstable? Server Crashes? and Restarts?
    The Ice maker in your fridge breaking is probably a more common occurence. Unstabe and GW don't even belong in the same pharse unless the world "not" comes before unstable. You will find yourself hard pressed to do a forum search and find any posts flaming about downtime.

I can't even think of a time since the open beta the game was ever down. I also have NEVER seen 1 post complaining about someone not being able to play or crashing GWs outside of hardware/driver problems.

Think of WoW releases and current server problems. GW is the exact opposite of that. If some people wish to not consider GWs an MMO it should be because it has none of the server, patch, lag, release problems that are all so common now for the genre. Compared to every other release, expansion, public betas I ever wistnessed; GW's has been near flawless. Yes, there are bugs... but none that are game breaking that persist.

Yes for any other MMO I would suggest waiting 1-3 months for things to get into playable shape. For Factions? If you want to wait, a couple days is enough. The most downtime I expect you to have is some few minutes (based on your internet dl speed). And even then the game tells you a new patch is up and doesn't force you to log out. New factions players will Install or type in your cd key, download a decent size patch and play away, expect maybe 3-5 <1mb updates the first 3-5 days. Server crashes and restarts did not happen at Phophets release, I don't know why would anyone would Expect them to occur with Factions.

During this recent FWE their was no required downtime, and maybe 2mb worth of updates. This is typical of Anet, The game is up more and is likely more playable then probably 80% of the other MMOs available even though this one doesn't charge pay to play.

If you did have a problem this weekend it is probably a hardware or driver conflict. The most common one is probably related to Post-process-effects. You can turn that off, leaving it one can cause things to seem blury or super bright. Aside from that if you talking about armor not showing up and such, well that's because your cilent hasn't download the graphics yet. Once the game streams that to you that should go away. This is most obvious when picking your armor when making a PvP char... you would select a new armor and it wouldn't appear on your body right away visually. If you give it a second you'd download the image and the armor would appear on you. As far as I know the servers were up the entire weekend, I'm not aware of 1 crash or reset.

yup agreed... guild wars never has any problems other then the once in a blue moon err 7

the preveiw event is now closed so those who missed out, bad luck.. not long till the expantion is released anyways