Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Buddy says that MapleStory is SO much better than GW.

djelfman43djelfman43 Member Posts: 34

why dont u guys give me some reasons why this is NOT true.  I'll e-mail him this page

The DJ has spoken...

Comments

• RyuSlashRyuSlash Member Posts: 21

I've played Maplestory a bit and although I think it's funny it's really not my game ::::05::
    But what I hate most is the fighting system in there, you attack one enemy and another attacks you in the back! or from the front doesn't matter.
    You have this in GW too ofcourse, but then when you're attacked here you still attack yourself and aren't incapacitated for half an hour...

• seabluesseablues Member Posts: 58

this is a joke right look at a ss and if you still dont get it NVM.

::::36::

• Sky-DreamSky-Dream Member Posts: 64

There aren't much to compare between Maple Story with Guild Wars. First of all, Maple Story hardly have any Competitve side to the game. While Guild Wars required much competitive mind. It's not all about kill this and that, and trying to lvl up your characters. It's about the skills you have to sucessfuly defeat a monsters or other pvps. Well I"m not gonna expect much about the gaming system. You can go look at www.guildwars.com.
    I played Maple Story, and I can tell Guild Wars is much better than Maple Story. One thing I hate about typical MMO is the Grinding part. You have to grind over and over just to grain one lvl. While in Guild Wars, the guests will reward in EXP and items, plus skills. So you really dont have to stress yourself in killing useless monsters. YOu can enjoy the quests and mission, and not worrying much about your lvl. Best of all, it's like you are a part of a story.

These are some points. You should check out other previous posts.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    ... is this a joke?

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• creepyblackcreepyblack Member Posts: 1

For the price, MS is a great game. I played for a month or so before my wrist was too sore to attack anymore. But having only played GW for 2 days now, I really think GW is a better game.

<insert witty sig here>

• mankeamankea Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Sky-Dream

There aren't much to compare between Maple Story with Guild Wars. First of all, Maple Story hardly have any Competitve side to the game. While Guild Wars required much competitive mind. It's not all about kill this and that, and trying to lvl up your characters. It's about the skills you have to sucessfuly defeat a monsters or other pvps. Well I"m not gonna expect much about the gaming system. You can go look at www.guildwars.com.
    I played Maple Story, and I can tell Guild Wars is much better than Maple Story. One thing I hate about typical MMO is the Grinding part. You have to grind over and over just to grain one lvl. While in Guild Wars, the guests will reward in EXP and items, plus skills. So you really dont have to stress yourself in killing useless monsters. YOu can enjoy the quests and mission, and not worrying much about your lvl. Best of all, it's like you are a part of a story.
    These are some points. You should check out other previous posts.

he's totally right.  the quests in guild wars make it much different (and better) than a lot of games. plus there's just no competition between the two in graphics.  guild wars is definitely better.
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

lllllooooooooolllllllllllll hahahahah lmao rofll !##!@ pmGG !## hahaha are u serious??????

u cant be serious right? Maple Story hahahaha thats for like 5 year olds and stuff..

Guild Wars depends on real stratergy + tactics and most of all REAL SKILL!!!

forget it man lol this is too funny hahaha maple story loll the graphics is like 2d like mario brothers.. lol graphics doesnt matter really but my younger bro used to play maple story.. iv seen how it is lol its like.. well mario brothers hahaha

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Why is GW better than MapleStory... um play each game for an hour and your answer...

• Nikko_91Nikko_91 Member Posts: 40

Maplestory is a total joke if u ask me
    I would agree with assenus
    still GW gets boring kinda fast- cause of the leveling system - level cap 20

• StumpyStumpy Member Posts: 32

Well really Guild Wars and Maple Story are totally different games. Overall though Guild Wars is better I would say.

I played maple story for a bit with friends but it just wasn't that good. The thing that annoyed me the most was the fact you start off by killing snails....::::26:: that made me want to uninstall it then but I didn't, I later quit and went on to different games but yeah GW FTW!!!! ::::08:: to Guild Wars graphics::::08::

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by Nikko_91

Maplestory is a total joke if u ask me
    I would agree with assenus
    still GW gets boring kinda fast- cause of the leveling system - level cap 20

why do you need the stupid lvl cap ?

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219

MS don't have PvP.

MS is a big grind feast, it takes you 400 hours to get one level.

MS have limited skill choice, only like 6-8 for each character class.

MS have limited playing style. 4 classes

MS is cute...yea I know with the big head, which is exactly why so many people hate it.

MS is not MASSIVE you can hardly see anyone in the game, even in town, you'll only see about 10 people there.

MS has a small world, you'll able see them all in 2 hours.

Guild Wars might not be the best game on Earth, but it is certainly better than MapleStory.

• gab2580gab2580 Member Posts: 54
    LMFAO!!!

I played maplestory and the only good thing which wasnt even that fun is the party quests..

It doesnt even have PvP... seriously

^_^

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Instead of grinding lvls grind Skill Points or Faction.  At least this way you can give yourself an selection advantage over some other players.  If the lvl cap was increased, everyone would just level up and everyone would be equal again... so spending the time to lvl would be pointless.

Way back when each "lvl" after 20 required more and more exp to gain.  So each extra skill point would take longer then the one before it.  Anet changed the system to a fixed rate though, so now every extra skill point above 20 cost the same amount of XP.  Of course they also added the "faction buy" system too.  Point is at one time grinding XP was the only way to get more skills, people didn't like it so they made it easier.