Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Leveling Online

- Login
- Create Hobbit
- Level up to max
- Get Gear
- 6 Months Later Quit

That is the LOTR Experience. Incredible.

These devs are so smart.

Bp

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I think I saw Boromir looking for money, he want to pay a subscribtion to this game which trash solo, after all, it suck to solo and nobody should solo willingly if they only have an hour to play.  Nope, everyone should be looking for a group or even better, a raid.

LOL.  SoE wanna be!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• Maverick_KMaverick_K Member Posts: 4
    Aren't MMOs about leveling and getting gear? What exactly where you expecting?
  • GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

Originally posted by Maverick_K

It is a hit at no pvp, they are expecting a pvp game were they can lvl like mad powergamers to get on top and run around and kill the low lvls who are trying to lvl up.

imageimage

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318
    I havent studied up on this game, but im assuming that you can play on the evil side since people are talking about pvp?  If so I would not see why they would not at least implement realm vs realm combant like most other mmorpg's do. If done right it could be fun.
  • paadepaade Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by 7Fold
    I havent studied up on this game, but im assuming that you can play on the evil side since people are talking about pvp?  If so I would not see why they would not at least implement realm vs realm combant like most other mmorpg's do. If done right it could be fun.

You assume too much. They is NO evil faction for players in this game. As it is, LOTRO feels (i mean features and such) more like running in a tube than an actual immersive MMORPG.

Hardly a surprise if you keep in mind that Turbine makes it...
  • the68ththe68th Member Posts: 6
    Yeah its mad having no real pvp... Such huge potential for this title but it doesnt look good. Treasure hunting and playing in a fancy chatroom isnt gonna last.
  • AraknydAraknyd Member CommonPosts: 43

Originally posted by the68th
    Yeah its mad having no real pvp... Such huge potential for this title but it doesnt look good. Treasure hunting and playing in a fancy chatroom isnt gonna last.

It has PvP now i think. Never liked it anyway. I don't see what could be so fun about this game!!!!

Any Quests for the game? That could make it more intresting but it will kind of make you level faster.

Like WoW i hate its lvl cap.

• Wartorn[SC]Wartorn[SC] Member Posts: 97

We don't even know what its going to be like.

You assume that it will be like that but there's no proof....
    Maybe - maybe not guess we have to try it out when it comes out.

To the evil-side players:

there is no evil side because Tolkien describes them as minions of the dark side with no own ego. They are slaves and puppets - they cannot run around and "think". So it would be against the "Lore" to have them running around in the main player cities....

• MuukerMuuker Member Posts: 2
    there isnt only lvling, this game is also world exploration oriented.If you have read the books, you realise that this game is great.

• grapegrape Member Posts: 191

The game is going to be created by Turdbine. I've got an idea how it will be like :) But I'm holding out with hope it will be something great. My wife loves LOTR and I can am hopping to play this with her.

Considering I played AC2, and avoiding D&D Online like the plague it is, Let's hope they can knock this one out of the ballpark and not repeate the same dumb mistakes of their previous titles.

• millbromillbro Member Posts: 71

Why the hell does everyone think like this? Just bc WoW is all about leveling and getting new gear doesnt mean that all MMo"s are about that.. they can have other things too do.. like exploration.. wars where you can take towns and things.. doesnt have too be dull .. Im just waiting for a game that does that.. where items = 20% of the game and the other 80% is using your brain and having skill..and exploring... A MMO is all about being in another world and being in it with other ppl ,not getting items!!
  • Cheeto717Cheeto717 Member Posts: 3
    What people need to understand, is that not everyone LIKES pvp.  There are thousands upon thousands of people on the official forums complaining to turbine just for the fact that they are putting in CONSENSUAL pvp.  You can take that for what it's worth, but I for one am going to enjoy this game.
  • Xenox2790Xenox2790 Member Posts: 4
    ya ima really like this game and i could care les sif pvp was there or not
  • ralazoralazo Member Posts: 33
    Is Lord Of The Rings online?? fthe last time i look they work on it...
  • AraknydAraknyd Member CommonPosts: 43

Originally posted by ralazo
    Is Lord Of The Rings online?? fthe last time i look they work on it...

Of course this game is online

• ViramorViramor Member Posts: 68

Ignorance is bliss in this one
    ::::12::

ever heard of a mmo called eve?

• SycondamanSycondaman Member Posts: 262

MMOs are about a unique, massive, online experience with tons of other people.  That doesn't just mean leveling and getting gear.  That means customizing your character, creating a reputation, be it good or bad, collecting rare items from across the globe and forging your own armor and weapons, massing large amounts of wealth as a sort of business man, influencing the development of a virtual world, enjoying gaming with tons of other people, focusing your skills and getting together with others and challenging yourselves against huge bosses, battles, odds, and groups of other players.  There's so much more to MMOs than leveling and getting gear.  If that's the idea behind an MMO, nobody would play it, becuase you can do that for much cheaper in a regular RPG, and with some you can even play those online.