Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C5 News (already)

akuzuraakuzura Member Posts: 22

If you haven't already seen this on L2guru here it is now. I went throught the post and the most recent news I found was "C4 release info" ENJOY!!

Chronicle 5 Goals Presentation
Presenter: NC Soft Studio E&G Head of Production - Han Jaehyuk

• Greater Support for Soloing
    According to (Korean) player demand, various game elements will be added to allow for easier soloing with less downtime.

• Additions to Clan System
    Recognizing that clan-based politics is one of Lineage2's greatest attractions, much more will be added to clan functionality. Some of these include:
    • Clan Skills
    • Clan Items
    • Clan Ranks: Count, Baron, Knight etc.
      This clan rank system will be a part of a greater hierarchy of Lord/Lady ,King/Queen, Emperor/Empress and this will form the basis of territorial wars and national wars which will be added in the future.
  • New Territory
    • The space between Dwarf town and Orc town will be filled, finishing the Elmore lands.
    • A new dungeon for the highest level players will be added
    • Conquer-type Raids added. These raids will require you to fight subservient mobs in order to see the raid boss. (note: isn't this 4 sepulchers?)
    • New mobs with increased AI

http://img.inven.co.kr/column/jukz_lin2_reporter_news/20060319030033663_3682.jpg Blue marks the area where the new area will be located

Greater Balance between classes
Elimination of PvP superclass. The classes will be counterbalanced in a RockPaperScissor way. Certain classes will be stronger against some classes over others. (note: necros)

Raid Boss Frintessa
The main Raid Boss of C5. Frintessa is the illfated prince of the empire. His main weapon is a giant organ (musical kind ^.~) which summons mobs. Players will have to determine the proper tactics based on the music he plays. (note: lol)
Frintessa can be expected to be more difficult than any of the current Raid Bosses.

http://gamecul.com/l2day/img/park/0603/politic_2169_04.jpg Are where frintessa will spawn

http://img.inven.co.kr/column/jukz_lin2_reporter_news/20060319030315108_8726.jpg , http://img.inven.co.kr/column/jukz_lin2_reporter_news/20060319030317515_3447.jpg
Frintessa and Followers of Frintessa concept art

Chronicle 5 Q&A

• Q: How will the bot problem be solved
    A: Bots are continuously being dealt with already. We compile a banlist every few weeks. Better alert methods of sensing 3rd program use is being looked into.
  • Q: Any plans to change the clan war system?
    A: Greater protection for Clans lvl3 and under. Higher clan levels (past lvl5) will be introduced in C5 and rewards will be added to clan wars.
  • Q: Plans to fix Olympiad explot issues?
    A: There will be a patch soon to fix the various exploits.
  • Q: Bot/Farmer raid parties are a huge issue, especially for quest raid bosses. What are your plans for this?
    A: Other than the continued effort to clean out bots, raid mobs will be smarter and harder to take down using bots. (note: I don't believe)
  • Q: Too many PKers running around thanks to Sin Eater. Comments?
    A: We don't think this is a serious issue but we'll look into it.
  • Q: Gatehopping / peacezone hopping issues, specifically the north bridge in Giran. Comments?
    A: We've been thinking of ways to stop gatehopping but we haven't come up with anything. We'll continue to investigate.
  • Q: Any changes to the rare boss jewllery stats? I.E. B Grade Ant Queen gives +2 Accuracy Jewellery, wheras the A Grade Core ring gives +1 accuracy.
    A: No changes are planned. New rare item will be added with the new raid boss.
  • Q: Various difficulties in raiding, such as sharing chat and ninjalooters. What's being done?
    A: We're gonna make it so the raid channel is easier to use, and make drops exclusive to those in the raid channel.
  • Q: The higher level soul crystals are too hard to get. Comments?
    A: We'll make them easier to get over time.
  • Q: Any plans on a vendor system that lets you sell items offline?
    A: Giran will probably explode if we tried to do this -_-. We've looked at an auction system but we can't ignore the plus sides of player-to-player vending and its effect on economics. No changes planned in this area atm.
  • Q: Any news on combining the less populated servers?
    A: We've done polls on this subject and the result was inconclusive. There's too many issues surrounding castle and clanhall ownership etc. and the players couldn't come to an agreement so the idea's been abandoned. (note: this is applicable to korean servers only)

POSTER: Not my work, entirely the work of a person by the name: "Hellrose" Who claims to have translated it from http://www.l2day.com

No flames, I don't want credits, but I thought maybe some people wanted to see the new details!

Personal comment: I don't feel that it's a major big upgrade like from C3 to C4, it's more like ad-ons for C4.. I mean, I like the clan news, but the soloing thing shouldn't be there... The game is about having fun with a community! Being addicted to soloing gets you no-where

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Greater Support for Soloing
    According to (Korean) player demand, various game elements will be added to allow for easier soloing with less downtime.

Well thats good news. Not that I can't solo now but I would hazard to guess by "support" we are talking about being able to viably solo and make enough money to at least survive. I would hope anyway.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I am excited. But was really hoping they would do something for low-level players to try to gain more new players to come play. image

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Actually lower (Im talking 1-20) levels are very very easy right now. It is the 20 - 60 level range that needs help IMHO. The economy runs off more people then anything else.

What would help bring new players in is a free trial....hello NCSoft, time to wake up. L2 is the only game I think that doesn't have a trial.

• akuzuraakuzura Member Posts: 22

I agree with you, greatness, if I understand you correctly. They should really do something more aboou the new-players in the game.. Currently, I just started a dwarf, and I am not going to get any help from any other characters (Because, I kinda cheated with them), and it bites, not being a "novice" character. What would be cool, is that some MMORPG's have recomendation system, so you earn money if you recomend someone to the game (or something similar). They could do the same thing with Lineage2, just that you would receive a small amount of adena as a boost.

I really want to see how that raid boss works, though.. Well I'm not gonna, since it will take forever to reach a level to even considering raiding that kind of monster, so I am planning to watch some sort of fan-made movie of a raid they had on that boss.. Looks very funny ^^

I really don't like the improved solo bit, though.. The game should be encouraging people to be social and to live in a community.. Lines like "party?" "No, I'm better off without" will just be a hard time for lower levels.. I remember I played another MMORPG, the bonus of the party was so great, people begged you to join (Old game, can't remember name)

I hope this info helped

EDIT:

Originally posted by Torak

I would hazard to guess by "support" we are talking about being able to viably solo and make enough money to at least survive. I would hope anyway.

Ohh, now I get it! Yeah, that would help, wouldn't it!? (Not a question.. What do you call those? retorical? I can't remember)

• XurikenXuriken Member Posts: 5
    I'm kinda new to these forums :)
    Thanks, aku, for great info.. Though I have no for or against.. What I'm hoping for is some minor things being done, like safety with scamming or more offense towards botters.. That's what I like about these new Chronicles! Minor things!

I play Lineage2!!!!

• Cuj0Cuj0 Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Greatness
    I am excited. But was really hoping they would do something for low-level players to try to gain more new players to come play. image

Not so much they can add. The game is based mainly on high levels, and they added so much also for low lvls.. plus, this is a particular game, not designed for the "mass", but for hardcore players. And if you'll see the earning release of NCSoft for L2, u'll see that the max users are "always" grown up, and now they have increased the max users anyway.

..hax..

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Originally posted by akuzura

I really want to see how that raid boss works, though.. Well I'm not gonna, since it will take forever to reach a level to even considering raiding that kind of monster, so I am planning to watch some sort of fan-made movie of a raid they had on that boss.. Looks very funny ^^

Actually, one of the things I liked about Lineage 2 was the amount of raid bosses. They have low level raid bosses also! What level is your dwarf currently?

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• akuzuraakuzura Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Greatness

Actually, one of the things I liked about Lineage 2 was the amount of raid bosses. They have low level raid bosses also! What level is your dwarf currently?

Agreed.. I saw one of them ant queen radi bossed (In another thread) and there were No graders having fun.. I missed that when I was playing..

My dwarf is currently right now, level 10... I have to say, the phantom ranger I have has cheated.. I bought money off the internet and I feel awfuil, that's why I will never get any help from my other chars when making this dwarf.. (You might get some, if you want, but I think my friend wants all the loot).. My dwarf just learned spoil (yay) and am now saving for sweep (damn the SP is expensive)
    I'm not such a high level, but I will get there.. Now that I finally got spoil (and hopefully, soon sweep) I can start getting stuff off the animals I kill.. Money making, YEAH!!

Dwarf FTW! I just hate the 20-40 levels with a tank.. It's a b!tch.