Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love and hate

BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174
I had Played this game for one yea solid and no other game has ever even came close to keeping me that long but.... i did quit playing after a while i felt the game was dieing which i know is wrong but anyways. This game was soo good i havnt been happy with any other mmo out atm. So i was wondering If any plans for a new Anarchy online like game was in development. cause Games just arnt fun anymore....... and i do know it sounds like a have a addiction problem to this game but then again who wouldnt

Comments

• Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290

In the beginning we had MMORPGs that offered lots of options and customization possibilities. Over time companies have found that games that are more simplistic by offering limited choice sell better. So expect to see more games like WoW and L2 and less like AO and UO if any at all.

Companies are appealing to the most base level player, the ADHD kiddies that can't keep their mind on one thing longer than a minute (if that) and need to be barraged by pretty eye candy constantly. Games like AO that require pre-planing and thought if you don't want to copy someone else's build are all but a thing of the past. Companies want the big numbers WoW is getting and know you need to keep it simple to get them.

If you want options keep playing the older games and try to get others in them too. If you want a new game get used to the idea that you may be almost exactly like everyone else at a given level for your class due to how few options there are, learn to understand 1337 and get used to rarely seeing full sentences.

• beautyisinbeautyisin Member Posts: 405

Originally posted by Phoenix_Hawk

In the beginning we had MMORPGs that offered lots of options and customization possibilities. Over time companies have found that games that are more simplistic by offering limited choice sell better. So expect to see more games like WoW and L2 and less like AO and UO if any at all.
    Companies are appealing to the most base level player, the ADHD kiddies that can't keep their mind on one thing longer than a minute (if that) and need to be barraged by pretty eye candy constantly. Games like AO that require pre-planing and thought if you don't want to copy someone else's build are all but a thing of the past. Companies want the big numbers WoW is getting and know you need to keep it simple to get them.
    If you want options keep playing the older games and try to get others in them too. If you want a new game get used to the idea that you may be almost exactly like everyone else at a given level for your class due to how few options there are, learn to understand 1337 and get used to rarely seeing full sentences.

Yes, sad but true, i think any game that gets thrown about by developers that has content that is even vaguely complex just isn't going to get made, it's all about the kids.

• SvayvtiSvayvti Member Posts: 160

Originally posted by Phoenix_Hawk

Sadly you talk like many MMO devs out there.

Its simply not true though. The reason Blizzard won so many "kiddies" over is because of BlizzNet. They already had millions of kiddies and they just moved on to their next game.

The kiddies need a simple GUI, but even they prefer a game with choices IMO. I predict all the WoW clones will fail because they don't understand that Blizznet was the basis of WoW's kiddie appeal.

• Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290

For the first while it was true a lot of those playing were the B.net script kiddies playing the new Blizzard game. But it's been over a year now I think and now the new players are those drawn in by people already in the game or wondering what the big deal is. People like it easy, they're always looking for get rich quick methods and so forth to make things easier for themselves. AO has progressively been dumbed down in small ways over time to make things easier. EVE Online added more newbie content, a new tutorial and newbie help a ways back to make things easier. While there will always be those looking for the more complex and interesting games there will also be a few more behind each one of those looking for quick and easy mindless entertainment.

• blackraistblackraist Member UncommonPosts: 23

I hope what I'm gonna write is wrong, but I think that developers know that 14 years old and less have limited play time.  That means that with an account at 15.95$ and only 2 hours of play a night between 18h and 20h, the servers can hold more accounts.  Aiming these guys worth a lot.

But as I said, I hope I'm wrong and that some passion still resides in some developers.

Thanks.

Blackraist