Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Running" and it's effects on the game

2»

Comments

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

There's one other side to this argument that needs to be adressed, Ackbar. The guy who got run through the whole game, got powerleveld to 20, and has no idea how to use thier character because they never even tried.

I wish I could say that I havn't run into people like this, but I have. It's just depressing is what it is.

Now, I know I've made a bit of a generalization with that comment, but the only other possibility is that they're really REALLY bad at Guild Wars.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Who would bother running some noob and powerlevelling him to 20 for no reason? This person has either a lot of gold to throw around cause they ebayed it or the more likely reason is they just plain suck. The reality is there are a lot of bad guild wars players out there like it or not.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Cirtur doing as your suggested will get you banned. Running isn't a bannable offense. Harassing a player is.

I think the number of the people that get run, do it just so they can unlock skills faster for PvP. I mean if you enjoy the PvE part of the game, you have no reason to get run. I don't really know of anyone that hates the PvE game 1-19 but suddenly loves it at lvl 20. So I do assume MOST people that are getting run are trying to unlock skills or make the lastest farmer build.

That means odds are they aren't doing a whole lot of end game missions. FoW, UW, tombs, SF, titan quests, etc. They are likely farming, or dieing to me in PvP, it surely doesn't effect me in a negative way. I would think most people would agree it's easier to solo/duo+hech MOST missions instead of doing PuGs anyway. Even THK is solable

• GmrLeonGmrLeon Member Posts: 118

Running is the worst thing I've ever seen. Only problem though is the fact that since this game is instanced there will always be runners. I hate to say that,because I love the whole instancing part of the game for being able to warp from one town to the next.

Aye,there are downsides to a Persistent world and an Instanced world.

Persistent world-soloers with big egos and less teams
    Instanced world-Cooperative people and yet still soloers with egos,not to mention runners.

"The one who begins with nothing, gains everything slowly."

• D_shandrilD_shandril Member Posts: 116

today i went to the arena in ascalon and maybe 50% or even more of the people there are having drok forge armor and max damage wepon and shield that is a bit stupid for a low level arena but people want to feel that they are good it seams lol.That is probably one of the big reason people use runner , that is to kick ass in low level arena.

I personaly think that running is not a good way to get money lol its long borring and there is a lot of skam, a better way is to make a char build that is able to solo in specific place an go therr without enchman , you can get a few k each run and that a lot funner to do.

• StumpyStumpy Member Posts: 32

I could really care less about it...if people that just start out want to ruin game and story line let them...
    As for the low lvl's LFG'ing just don't invite them but yeah spam doese get annoying...I do get a run every now and then for armor or a skill but i always play thru the game ::::28::