Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a seperate FFA PVP server for advanced players?

BurningPainBurningPain Member Posts: 68

I tried this game once a while back and the grind was INSANE as if I was supposed to buy money on ebay and play 24 hours 7 days a week. A bow was like 136,000 adena and I was getting like 150 adena per kill, so you do the math. Did they ever make a FFA PVP server where you can kill any player, anytime for any reason and loot some of their stuff or coin?

Last I remember this game was a carebears paradise.

Bp

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Umm, you can kill anyone outside of town, regardless of race or faction. You only get a chance of an item drop when you kill someone, but it happens. L2 is not carebear.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

Originally posted by BurningPain
    A bow was like 136,000 adena and I was getting like 150 adena per kill, so you do the math.

Originally posted by BurningPain
    Last I remember this game was a carebears paradise.

Do me a favor: never become a professional video game reviewer.

-Machiavelli

• Cuj0Cuj0 Member Posts: 81
    lol, funny guy :)

..hax..

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

The OP must have his games mixed up is the only thing I can think of. I guess I could invite him to have a conversation about PvP outside the town or something image

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Originally posted by Torak
    The OP must have his games mixed up is the only thing I can think of. I guess I could invite him to have a conversation about PvP outside the town or something image

Nah, he thinks it's carebear because it has safe zones (towns) and it doesn't have full item drop on death.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

Towns aren't safe zone :)

There aren't safe zones in L2, except maybe for those 2 floors on Ivory Tower :D

..hax..

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

Originally posted by Cuj0
    There aren't safe zones in L2, except maybe for those 2 floors on Ivory Tower :D

Towns are safe zones. Back when I played L2 there were messages saying PKing people in towns was against rules'n'stuff.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Originally posted by Cuj0

Towns are safezones. You can't attack players there (unless you are referring to that bannable bug).

I am rather inclined to say that ToI 10 is more or less of a safe zone, since most players can't even get to survive past the mobs there ::::02::

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

Towns aren't safezones.. words from HGMSpam :)

Till u can train mobs inside it, they will be never safezones, clarely image

..hax..

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

They are safe zones in that you can't outright pk anyone there.

You can train mobs in towns though. However, there is some sort of bug about training special mobs in towns to take out shops. They even had a warning about it when you logged in.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • akuzuraakuzura Member Posts: 22

Getting PVP'ed or PK'ed won't make you drop anything.. That's the good part! A nobody can't just make a new char, rush it to 20, and stalk all the high level re-rollers bby PK'ing them over and over again till they drop they're valuables and then you can sell them.. Training is a common problem now days, though.. If mobs kill you, there's a pretty big risk (way under 50%, but you will drop something if you die over 10 times) that you will drop your items by getting killed by a monster... I hate trainers..