Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for that AC1 feeling?

RaylRayl Member Posts: 8
3 1/2 years of playing AC1 and loved it. Went to AC2 (cough) and now playing Horizons. It's new and unpolished, but it has an AC1 feel. With luck and time it'll grow as AC1 did from it's onset. Work a look for all you AC1 fans.

Comments

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

Sounds interesting, but if you could elaborate on the "AC1 feel" that would help me understand it more.

The main things that would make me think of an "AC1 feel" are classless, skill-based advancement, original monster races and dungeons, monthly updates, and highly intriguing item system (in AC just about everything found as loot had some purpose or use besides selling it for money to NPCs).

Well, thats what would give me an AC feel anywayimage

but time flows like a river

and history repeats

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Horizons might be worth a look at then if it has the AC feel. I loved that game.

• Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249
    horizons has nothing in common with AC1, you dont get item drops in horizons, there is absolutely NO pvp in horizons, there are classes, its not skill based, Horizons is crafting only and even the crafting system is dull and boring, adventuring classes have absolutely nothing to do once the majorly boring leveling treadmill is over...Maybe this guy was talking about the newness factor or something?? Where even a pos mmorpg is fun for the first 2-3 days??(horizons)

Even comparing horizons to AC1 and saying they have similiraties is an insult to AC1 imo.

• GetafixGetafix Member Posts: 19

I played AC1 early on for over a year and then left, only to try DAoC but ultimatly going back to AC1, then after leaving AC1 again trying out AC2 image (horrible disappointment). Since I've been testing out different MMORPG betas's etc. but never quite getting that AC1 feeling back. I'm hoping World of Warcraft will be the next great MMORPG that'll have some of the great punch that AC1 had while adding some new fun elements but whils't I wait for the WoW beta I've just reactivated my AC1 account for a 3ed time. There's just something about AC that keeps ya coming back, and someday maybe I'll find a replacement but for now - still looking.

• RumniRumni Member Posts: 6

I find it very hard to get that feeling back. I tried AC2 and DAoC and the time I played them paled in comparison to AC1. However, personally, AC1 was the first MMORPG I played(it took alot to get me away from MUDs), so I doubt anything will compare to the newbness. =)

I hope that one game can do it, but until then, I am still content with AC1, especially since the hint of a new expansion.

I got accepted to Ryzom's Beta. Very different look from AC, but I guess I shall see. Starts Friday :)

• RaskRask Member Posts: 7

Horizons = AC1 feeling? Absolutely not! Horizons has nothing of the original AC that made it so immersive.

I tried the trials for Shadowbane, Horizons, and DAOC. I was unimpressed with all three. First of all, these three all use the same derivative Tolkien-esque world. IM SICK OF ELVES. I HATE DWARVES. AC so far has been the only one to come up with an original storyline, an original skill system that is absolutely classless. Second, the combat in all three is boring. AC is the only one that puts you in the action as well as your generic fighting game. Melee combat is a blast, as is ranged combat.

And the graphics? Maybe its just me, but I think the AC graphics are better than either of the three games I mentioned. The colors are richer, the effects prettier, the engine much more capable (a huge landscape without zones). The movements are well animated and look real.

• aethraaethra Member Posts: 8

played ac1 from beta until " months ago.

I now play horizons, and when my subscription ends, this will be the end for me for horizons.

To many things are  broke (ati fps/lag/quests/revamps/......) and just plain boring.
    The game has nice graphics, and amazing music. But the adventur part is plain boring. If you are used to play ac and to dodge wars, tank multiple enenmy's, heal and run, then engange again then you are in for a real disapointment.

In horizons you target a mob, do you abillities and then hope you win.
    If you dont play a warrioir/reaver you are basicly never gone be able to win from something 2 lvl's above you.

That is if you are lucky to find mobs, cause there arent to many of those. And the onces that are are overcamped.

Then there is no loot, nada nothing.....

Stick with ac1 or 2 until something bether :)

This is my view ofcourse.

• Agathos88Agathos88 Member UncommonPosts: 92
    i'd get back into it if i could remember the msn passport/zone the cd key is too, its been so long i dont remember which account the cd key is tied too... i cant reinstall/reuse the cd key without THAT specific account and i have no idea what it was a year ago.

-Prior story writer for MMORPG.com

• kaosskaoss Member Posts: 20
    lol i still have my account from ac1 and its been about 2 yrs now

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

Originally posted by Rask

First of all, these three all use the same derivative Tolkien-esque world. IM SICK OF ELVES. I HATE DWARVES. AC so far has been the only one to come up with an original storyline, an original skill system that is absolutely classless.

I agree completely. How hard is it to create a fantasy game when the content has already been made and remade half a million times over?
    On the other hand, can you imagine creating an entire world of original races, quests, and content. One of the reasons AC shines so much and why we may never find a game with that AC1 feel is because its content is hand crafted and written only for that game. It is unique and will always remain that way.

but time flows like a river

and history repeats

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• Agathos88Agathos88 Member UncommonPosts: 92
    yep, all i reccommend is a new graphic engine, if they would re-do the entire game world, AC1 would just be "Round 2" of the ultimate game, graphics are what hold it back now, its 04', not 99'

-Prior story writer for MMORPG.com

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

I been looking for something with the original EQ feeling.  I played Ac2, AO, DAOC, FFXI, Horizons and some others.  Nothing compares to EQ.  Bout to go back to it for the third time.

"When you're in prison, dont be no ones bitch, its bad for you..."

The Offspring

-----------------Censored------------------

• shlinkyshlinky Member Posts: 2
    oh I'm a yoyo...cant get away from the damn game.

aZn before aZn was cool

aZn before aZn was cool

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787
    i personaly have tried many mmos and none that impressive or that could keep me playing. but i hear by many people that AC isnt like that and it rocks. i dont really care about the graphics their not that bad and their not ubber PC demanding like lineage 2 (played L2 it sux)but sadly there is no trial anymore and i can't buy it. i have found a download but still cant make an account. just hopping i run ito some one that will give me one lol

• iwanowiwanow Member Posts: 16

Hey OrcSwitch!

I also wanted to play AC1 again....but forgot all my account information.

Here is a Website with details how to get everything back.

http://ac.turbinegames.com/index.php?page_id=174

I am happy now playing AC :)

• LissetteLissette Member Posts: 16

Turbine just bought AC back from microsoft and stuff is kind of up in the air right now, which why you can't find it to buy.  They are in the process of making a deal with fileplanet so you can download the game w/cd key for $19.95 (I think, don't quote me, lol) or just the cd key for $14.95.  But it will be a few more weeks probably before that takes place. 

So hang in there AC will be available again soon. :)

Lissette of Asheron's Call

formerly
    Lyssette of Anarchy Online
    Lissette of Shadowbane
    Lissette of Star Wars Galaxies

Julie "Lissette" Myers
    Lissette, Lissy, Lyssette etc of LotRO
    formally,
    Lissette, Lissy, Lyssette etc of DDO
    Lyssette of Anarchy Online
    Lissette of Shadowbane
    Lissette of Asheron's Call
    Lissy of World of Warcraft
    And many more!

• bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283

test

Big Baller
    Hype For Upcoming Games:
    The Matrix Online ::::08::
    City Of Heros ::::08::
    SoR ::::08::
    WoW ::::05::
    DnL ::::05::
    RyL ::::05::
    MeO ::::11::

• arcist1arcist1 Member Posts: 2
    I have been playing ac1 for years. I left to play some other various games and returned to ac1. Why you ask , one simple reason. None of them even come close to it. Most other games are now designed for team play. While i think this is nice it is not the only way to play a game. We all have had just one of those days whee we just wanted to be left alone and kill stuff. I seriously doubt there will be any game in the future that even comes close. Most games now are iether following a movie or simply rewriting ac1.

• NihilxNihilx Member UncommonPosts: 141

AC I is the best MMORPG I've ever played, and I've played quite a few. What made it special weren't just the nice features, but most of it it was the vibrant world on each server. I've never experienced more enjoyable player interaction than in AC I while still being able to go out at level on your own -unlike DaoC-.

AC (retired); EQ (retired); DAoC (retired); Horizons (retired); EQII (retired); CoH (retired); AC II (tested); Lineage II (beta); Neocron (tested); Saga of Ryzom (beta); SWG (retired)...