Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healing/Rezzing

StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

What do you want from Medicine/Healing/'rezzing'

it's the apocalypse, your survival depends on your instincts and your equipment, if someone gets a massive bleeding wound and you dont have a bandage, you better find one quick. How about that abandoned outpost over there, maybe they have a medkit in an old locker.

That's what I want to see, the human element, bandages, medkits, and adrenaline shots and resuss kits to bring people back to life.

I would love to see the medical element built up in this game, as i think getting injured plays a big part of the apocalypse. When a player gets thrown back by a creature of the wastes, a character that has decided to learn and buy medical equipment should be able to check them over. If someoen gets 'killed', they should be able to have varied equipment which they must decide what to use, or what order type thing.

I think it would be very exciting (if there is rezz) that rezz would not just be a command and it works everytime, make it feel REAL and exciting, make the character who is the medic feel like they are really trying to save the persons life, and the person who is dead be behind their monitor saying 'come on come on please!' as the medic puts a mask on their mouth and nose giving them oxygen , he gives them a shot of adrenaline, not working, 'damn it', better pull out the portable shock padels which you run off that car battery you keep in your rucksack.

Think medic has long been neglected as a REAL part of characters, sure, the roleplayers amongst us will do this anyway, but i would really love to see a game encourage such action through the game system, it would be exciting ACTUALLY trying to bring someone back from the brink.

Even if it was too much to build it up that much with the equipment as above, would it not be easy as a form of rezz to simply have -

/CPR

*Your character starts giving them CPR, with full animations of course*

Will it work? Maybe. Maybe not.

Isn't that the beauty of these games? Difference.

But most games completely neglect that , everything is always the same, things always work the same way and you'll know if they'll work or not before you even click the command sometimes.

So on healing and if there is rezz, I personally would very much like to see focus on the human/survival element, and not buffs or anything like that for me.

What do you think?

Comments

• sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175

Those ideas are excellent... I would love to see a battlefield medic do more than just "poke" people back to life or full health. Bandaging a bad wound should take a considerable amount of effort. A very involved resurrect process would also be great.. it also allows some player skill to shine through. Instead of just clicking 'rez', you would actually have to know what type of treatment to administer in certain situations.

I'm always ready for more complexity and player involvement...

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

• XilanxivXilanxiv Member Posts: 22

Hmm, yes different choices depending on the injury, tournequits (however you spell that) and bandages for cuts, slings/splints for broken bones. Maybe the field medicine would just patch things up, not get them back to regular until they go back to town and see a full facility, much like in real life. Also, it is in the future, nanotech stuff might exist, allowing for quick healing. But I do think it shouldn't be a quick click and you're done thing, I think the medic should be vital to any outing, and they have to watch what's going on, see what they're fighting, maybe they could have a tent set up near the fight, so wounded could stumble/ be dragged back to it, and if the doc picked the wrong kind of treatment, it could hurt them worse. No CPR for a headwound, if you know what I mean ::::02::

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121
    Im not too sure about how I would want my doc taking my core temperature on the battlefield but, I have always wanted to see the use of some kind of pain killer that allows the patient to get a health boost all the way back up to at least 90% and the health would slowly but surely drop back down to the level it was before the shot was given. Though if the health level dropped down far enough again that the patient would need another he would have to go without on account that too much would kill him. That would make for some good times.

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

• BlackmoorBlackmoor Member Posts: 96

I would love to see healing and ressing make a significant departure from current MMO's. IE not just spamming heals till you are out of mana/nano/etc.I much prefer going with the best defense is a good offense approach rather than winning by attrition.

Having medics/doc being able to heal better than other classes but not having the game based on them doing only that. One idea is having a heal limit on characters. There are a couple of ways to go about this. One is to have a set limit a character can be healed in a given amount of time (varied by stats/skills). Once you hit the heal limit you can't be healed anymore untill your body recovers enough to handle more healing.

The other way is having healing tied into combat ability. Say you have 2 bars one health and one Ki ( which would be an all inclusive ability that manages your ability to do things in combat whether it be casting, fighting etc). When you are healed in any way Ki is taken away , once your ki is gone gone you lose the ability to do anything in combat except be hit and move out of combat.

As for rezzing , a similar thing - have it timed so you can't do repeated rezzes in a short span of time simply because the players body just can't handle the stress.

This system has a couple of benifits - it allows the devs to balance the game easier since they don't have to design mobs to fight a battle of attrition. It also means that you shouldn't need a medic or doc just to do anything in game , though having one in your group would be far preferrable to not having one.

Personally I am sick of the "need class X to do anything worthwhile" system in current MMO's, this goes for other classes as well ( and yes i know only skills in FE but you know as well As I do that templates will come out and be classes in all but name). I would also like to see the healers actually doing something more than just healing during combat.

• SlagathorSlagathor Member Posts: 37

Fun vs Realism must be the order of the day here. If you want realism, then how real do you want to get? I've performed CPR more times than I care to remember and I can count on *one* hand the number of times that a patient has recovered from cardiac arrest as a result of CPR.

A person who goes into cardiac arrest due to trauma is saved by CPR measures less than one percent of the time.

Recovery from traumatic injury takes days and weeks usually. Sometimes it takes months or even years and sometimes an injury can never be completely overcome. Blindness, paralysis, amputation, permanent brain damage and more are all possible outcomes during recovery.

I'm going to cast my lot with the fun end of the spectrum. Hit me with a stimpack. Better yet, let the psychic heal me. I want to take an RPG to the chest and come up swinging.image

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121

I like this guy ^^^^^^^

I wanna see somthing challenging but if its too steep a learning curve docs may be too far and few half the population will be walking around with gangreen and rotten holes in em.

I hope its a good ballance of fun and skill. image

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

Medics can still have more to do without making the game ultra-realistic. Nobody is saying that if you get shot once you should go down bleeding.

This is about after 'death' or incap. However it is that you end up that way.

Also, assuming Fallen Earth is the open skill system we've heard about, not class system, then it's not about shouting around like in other mmo 'NEED HEALER FOR GROUP!!!' .... because if you're going to survive in the wastes anyway it would be wise to have at least a small amount of medic skill. So more characters would have that ability to 'cpr' you and so on.

It isnt about realism, it's about fun. It's more fun to do /rezz and your character brings them back to life with the stuff described in the initial post, as opposed to clicking /rezz and they just stand up again in an instant... as if by magic.

In my opinion.