Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, how's the PvP?

thekzethekze Member UncommonPosts: 180

Title says it all image

I wanna drop WoW for EQ2/Vanguard/Warhammer and he+ard Vanguard wasn't gonna have a lot of pvp depth... and Warhammer is not before 2007... I tried EQ2 a month ago, with the fileplanet 30-days offer (i'm a fp subscriber). Had a Kerran Monk and really enjoyed the game, wasted a lot of time to move to different areas of Qeynos, taking screenshots to convince my "WoW slaves" friends. Didn't try the PvP system at all. PvE-wise, i really enjoyed the game because there was an amazing amount of quests to pick, hehe. I was level 11 and had dozens of quests to do, all unique.

Anyone could give me more informations on how is the pvp system with EQ2? How does it differ from WoW? Do you gather points somewhere?

Thanks!

Comments

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    After you get outside the city zones, it's free-for-all PvP.  Enemies can loot your gold and an item off you.  There is also a good amount of newbie ganking, but no greifing really because you don't respawn at your corpse.  Aside from the newbie gankers though, a lot of people do group vs. group PvP.  But, in my opinion, the open PvP brings out the worst in peoples' personalities and it attracts a lot of immature kids.  But if you liked the PvP servers in WoW, you'll probably like it in EQ2 (unless you just liked griefing and corpse-camping).  Either way, EQ2 is still a good game, and there is some fun to be had.
  • thekzethekze Member UncommonPosts: 180

is there a goal associated to PvP? else than gold/items? points to gather, ranks or anything?

No, it's not like WoW where there are ranks or special benefits to be gained through PvP.  You don't get special items or anything like that.  The only goal I saw was to beat the other players and take their stuff.  Like I said, it caters to a pretty immature crowd, and I didn't care for it at all, but that's just me.  I don't really have an interest in killing other players just to take their things or "pwn" people.  At least in WoW there were goals and strategy games, like capture the flag or king of the hill type objectives.  Then again, I can't stand open PvP, so I left the PvP servers on WoW so I could just do battlegrounds instead.
    ah ok.. i was wondering because i recently downloaded an EQ2 pvp movie and everytime he was killing someone, he was gaining status points
    Well I didn't stay long, so if there is something with status points, I didn't notice it.  But as far as I'm aware, if there are status points I have no idea what you would do with them...
  • MarchusMarchus Member Posts: 88

There are two new factions, one for each city, everytime you kill someone you gain status and faction. There are vendors in the two main cities that sell fabled equipment and items for each class based on how much faction you have with them. Everything i've seen there is for level 70's except for the consumables, and it's all ridiculously expensive so I don't know anyone that's actually tried any of it yet. They're saying nobody has really gained enough faction yet to buy anything even if they did have the money/status/levels.

There are ranks too, Hunter/Slayer/Destroyer/Champion, and one other one I think, pretty sure it's just a prestige thing and doesn't really affect the game at all though.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

How Rewards are Determined
    Rewards for engaging in and triumphantly winning a PvP conflict vary depending on how the kill took place. Rewards and definitions for kill types follow.

Honorable Kills: Any kill of the opposing alignment that was engaged while the target had greater then 50% health. All players that generate at least one point of hate with the victim while the victim’s health is above the honorable kill threshold will be eligible to receive rewards, including experience, status, faction, and the ability to loot item or coin dropped by the other player.

Neutral Kills: Any kill of the opposing alignment that was engaged while the target had greater then 20% health. Neutral kills result in moderate faction gain.

Dishonorable Kills: Any kill of the opposing alignment that was first engaged while the target had less than 20% health. Dishonorable kills result in a loss of faction with both your alignment and the opposing city’s. Losing enough faction will cause you to fall out of favor with your alignment, and will restrict or remove any access to the rewards system.

Note: Dishonorable/Neutral status will be removed if the victim’s health goes above the specified thresholds during the course of the fight.

The Kill List: Honorably killing another player will place them on a list tied to your character, designed to reduce friend farming and griefing. Any Honorable subsequent kill of the same player will result in a Neutral kill until you have killed 10 other players. 

• Players will be removed from your list of recent kills after 30 minutes of real time. 
    • Killing a player already on your recent kills list will move them to the top of the list and reset their timer.

Title Rewards
    We recently revealed the titles available as rewards for participating and reigning triumphant in PvP combat. Players who are especially successful in PvP combat will receive titles as a reward for their infamy. These titles are as follows (in order from the least to most prestigious title):

• Hunter
    • Slayer
    • Destroyer
    • Champion
    • Dreadnaught
    • Master
    • Overlord
    yay! thanks for the specifications, ill go buy that next week, along with oblivion of course !