Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish...

CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

... that there was a Star Wars MMORPG.

Doesn't anyone else? It'd be really great if there was a Star Wars MMO that let us live in in the SW galaxy and do SW things. That'd be really cool, if you know, it was made well. Everyone just sit back and think about how much fun it would be for awhile.

Comments

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

you forgot the [/end sarcasm]

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • MonkeyFartsMonkeyFarts Member Posts: 45

Well from what I always hear they did have that in Star Wars Galaxies. Until Sony bought it.

• NecrodNecrod Member Posts: 20
    imageimageimage
  • HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

Just think of the possibilities, could even include smuggling!

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Doesn't anyone else? It'd be really great if there was a Star Wars MMO that let us live in in the SW galaxy and do SW things. That'd be really cool, if you know, it was made well. Everyone just sit back and think about how much fun it would be for awhile.

Are you insane? Star wars does not have the franchise nor the potential to become an MMORPG. there is no company in this world who would even think about creating a SW MMO. people wielding light sabers and lazer guns HELLO, anybody there? whats next, telling me it should have a good crafting system and a great economy, your too much.flying space ships? lets stay realistic, shall we? this post is absolutely rediculous.

next your going to ask for an mmorpg about warcraft thats supposed to break all sale records, the IDEA! weird guy.

• ArathusArathus Member Posts: 4

How about an MMO based in the warcraft universe?

• MonkeyFartsMonkeyFarts Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA
    Are you insane? Star wars does not have the franchise nor the potential to become an MMORPG. there is no company in this world who would even think about creating a SW MMO. people wielding light sabers and lazer guns HELLO, anybody there? whats next, telling me it should have a good crafting system and a great economy, your too much.flying space ships? lets stay realistic, shall we? this post is absolutely rediculous.

next your going to ask for an mmorpg about warcraft thats supposed to break all sale records, the IDEA! weird guy.

Um, how is that unrealistic in any way at all? I have heard from many people what SWG was an AWESOME game until SOE ruined it. There have been many RPGs with guns, lasers and bullets alike. And a lightsaber? Ever play MU Online or either of the two Knights of the Old Republic? Just because it's a light saber doesn't mean it can't behave just like a normal sword. And crafting for a Star Wars game is very realistic. It would have items just like any other game, so why shouldn't players be allowed to craft them? Spaceships? EVE Online is based entirely on spaceships. So I don't see why this is such a bad idea. A star-wars based MMORPG could actually be a VERY good MMORPG, as long as it is done right (as is the case with ANY MMORPG).
  • boboslaveboboslave Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Arathus

Never Work! Everyone would want to be a peon and ya just know that not everyone can, it would cheapen it if there were lots of them running around. Besides, everyone knows that the peons would be overpowered to any other class.

• DuckyboyDuckyboy Member Posts: 6
    Those huge franchises are near impossible to live up to. I'm curious to see how they handle the upcoming titles although I'm not very optimistic
  • alex007152alex007152 Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by SnaKey
    you forgot the [/end sarcasm]

LMAO!

~Alex007152~

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Arathus

You mean a real MMO, where player actions have concequences on the game world? With a dynamic world and content? A great crafting system and end game that does not revolve around 40 people pressing 1, 1, 1, 1, 9, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 9, 3 (as my rogue did) ad nauseam, for 4 hours in the hopes that the boss with 89734298743987342 HP that does about 897432897423 damage per hit will drop your phat lewtz?

Preposterous! Will never happen!