It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
NCSoft officially announced that Lineage 2's current level cap are fixed at 75. But upcoming update will slightly raise this level cap to some value between 75 - 90.
Apparently there is already a person in server #1 who reached level 70 two weeks ago or so. And it's reported that this person continued to play an average of 20 hours a day switching the leveling task with his brother every days. It is also speculated that his account is now worth as much as 20,000-50,000 $ US. He is dubbed as "Jizone" of all servers which mean the Supreme Lord.
I think this guy and his brother should be named in the book of Guiness for the categories of "Most Hardcore Subscription Based Online Gamer in the world" or "Most No-Life-outside-the-Game-world".
Anyway in the light of this announcement by server monitoring NC GM staff, NCSoft has decided to put Level cap to this game, stating that Lineage 2 should not be all about leveling.
What they are planning to do is to reward very few elite group of hardcore players who have first reached this level cap, with some sort of compensation.
They are saying that reaching 75 is not the End of game, but actually a beginning of new chapter of Lineage 2. It might be the opening to new type of gameplay not yet announced. Remember Lineage 2 is in continuous development and updates during P2P service. It is meant to adapt dynamically to the changes of gameplay environment and demand of game players.
What this means is Lineage 2 game play will be divided in two distinct phases:
1) Pre-Level-Cap phase (1 to ~75):
Level based gameplay style.
2) Post-Level-Cap phase (~75 completed):
- Complete transition from level based to skill based system (speculative)
- Introduction of new type of character avatar or polygonal model not necessarily restricted to humanoid class, but could be monsters class or customized monsters class, etc. (speculative)
- Possible introduction of new combat system (speculative)
- Some not-yet-heard-of new type of fun pursuit (factual)
- Real life compensation: monetary or otherwise. Although it might not apply to all who reaches the level cap. (speculative)