Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Type of game

Is this game a comparison to Asheron's Call , gameplay and appearance wise? I ask because I have been a player of Ultima Online for 5 years on and off and tried AC and loved it. AC2 however was a disappointment and I quickly left never to return. Is it truly level based like AC or character based as UO? This game looks worthwhile to check out but if it's the same  as Ultima IX for example then I will be giving it a miss. What is the likelihood of a beta test to download and try?

Tried Biosfear last week , didn't like it. Help me make a verdict on this please.

Live free , die well my people

Henley ( UO )

Comments

• LebowskiLebowski Member Posts: 147

It's hard to explain in few sentences how will this game work. I advise you to check http://www.uxo.ea.com/intro.html and get your opinion from the source. You'll get all answers there.

When life tastes like lemmon, take tequila and salt.

When life tastes like lemmon, take tequila and salt.

• ArxonArxon Member UncommonPosts: 175

It is very hard for me to answer your question for a couple of reasons. First being that I haven't playes AC/AC2, and second because UXO is going for more of a groundbreaking structure of gameplay. They aren't try'n to be like anyone else, in fact they are try'n to come up with new never seen before ideas.

Gaining in skills for example is highly complex. It's not like UO, nor is it like any of the other level base systems that I've seen before. It actually has a few things that affect what skills you can have. Your path, whether you wish to follow the arts of necromancy, or the path of the warrior, or even the path of the tinkerer. Also which virtues you choose to follow in benefit you with additional options for skills as well{Such as being strong in compassion could grant you the healing skill}. And of course leveling can allow you to upgrade your path's skills.

Also one good call that UXO has made is the elimination of downtime. They believe that it shouldn't take 10 mins to prepare for battle when you may only have 20 mins to play. Thus they have eliminated the need for regs for mages, or any type of resource.

I could go on for hours describing the game to you but the best place to look would be the uxo site itself. Another good read would be the UXO forums fansite linked in my sig. Hope I've been some help to ya :)

UXO:O Forums

Sharing Is Polite :)

"Can't... Sleep... The Carebears... Will get... Their way..."

• BayzooBayzoo Member Posts: 2
    Thanks guys , gonna take a look at the horses mouth

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115

Is UOX a real RPG ? It seems to be more a slayer action game. I looked at same screenshots, where I saw a mouse or something like that.

• redtigerredtiger Member Posts: 124

UXO is definitely going to be an RPG. Even though it's based on the Unreal engine and looks alot like an action FPS there are going to be tons of quests and different options to customize the characters. The Virtue system alone is going to open up a lot of paths to take with it. Anyway, how much RP'ing is always up to the individual.