Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Achievements

FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

For those still not sure about Achievements, here is an FAQ from the EQ2 site.  Also there is a Achievements messageboard there also on the forums.

The Achievement system provides a new way for you to improve your character's powers and to customize your arsenal of abilities. We decided to put together a FAQ for those of you who would like to jump in and start earning achievement points quickly.

How do I earn achievement points?
Achievement points are earned after you've accumulated enough achievement experience to gain a point. It takes multiple achievements in order to earn an achievement level and train new abilities.

How do I earn achievement experience?
You can earn your new powers by completing quests, defeating notorious enemies, acquiring rare treasure, exploring dangerous places, and by earning adventure experience once you have reached level 70. These accomplishments earn points that allow you to choose new powers and specialties to set your character apart from the crowd.

You earn Achievement experience by:

• Completing non-repeatable quests suited to your character's level
  • Defeating special enemies, such as named bosses, for the first time
  • Looting rare treasures
  • Exploring dangerous locations
  • Completing collection quests

Each exploration, enemy, quest, or piece of treasure will only count as an achievement once and you will have to do many different achievements in order to complete your advancement.

How do I earn Achievement experience at the maximum level?
In addition to the standard methods of obtaining achievement experience, after you reach the maximum level, defeating creatures that would normally give you adventure experience at the level cap will give you achievement experience instead.

How do I start earning achievement experience?
You must own Kingdom of Sky and be level 20 or above to take advantage of the Achievement system.

How many achievement paths are available to me?
There are 5 distinct achievement paths that you may follow; each loosely associated with one of the primary attributes (strength, agility, stamina, wisdom, intelligence). Each path has 5 different abilities that you can train in. So, there are 25 achievement abilities, plus one starter ability for each class making the total 26.

How many achievement points can I get?

Can I earn all of the Achievement abilities available for my class?
No. These decisions are important, as no one will be able to learn all of the specialties and must instead choose their own path to power.

How does training work?
As you gain achievement points, you can spend them to get new abilities or to improve the ones you already have trained. All characters of your class will have to spend 1 point on the first achievement ability.

Thereafter, the choice is yours. There are 5 lines with 5 achievement abilities each, meaning there are a total of 25 achievements available to you to choose from (26 when you count the initial ability that you must train).

It costs 1 point to train a single rank in an achievement. In order to train the second ability in an achievement line, you must have rank 4 in the first achievement ability (rank 4, meaning you have put 4 achievement points into the ability). In order to train the third achievement ability in a line, you must have rank 4 in the second. In order to train the fourth achievement ability in a line, you must have rank 4 in the third. The final achievement ability in a line is especially powerful, and requires 8 points to train (and cannot be further improved).

For all achievement abilities except the starter ability (that all must train) and the master level ability in a line, you can specialize them up to rank 8, which means you've dedicated 8 points to that one ability.

How many achievement abilities can I train?
It depends on how diverse or focused you want your character to be. You can choose to focus almost all of your points on one path, or you can choose to make your character more versatile in its powers by spreading the points out. Keep in mind that you can only earn a total of 50 achievement points, so spend them wisely.

In order to reach the master level achievement in a path, you must spend 24 points in addition to the initial 1 point for the starter ability. Therefore, if you wish to get to the master achievement ability in two lines, you will need to spend 49 points (24 on each line plus the 1 starter ability).

You may also choose to focus almost entirely on one path, spending 40 achievement points on a single path (giving you rank 8 of each achievement plus the master ability) plus 1 point for the starter ability. This would leave you with 9 points to distribute on other lines.

Of course, you can also spread out even further by diversifying your selections further. The choice is yours.

Can I respec my achievements?
Indeed you can. You will need to speak with the following NPCs in order to do so:

City: Qeynos
NPC: Wynia Vethe <Achievement Counsel>

City: Freeport
NPC: Nexa L'Dur <Achievement Counsel>

The cost to respec your achievements is initially fairly low, but increases in price the more times you respec. The cost caps out at 13p after you've respec'd your achievements 6 times.

• First Respec: 1s
  • Second Respec: 13s
  • Third Respec: 1g 30s
  • Fourth Respec: 13g
  • Fifth Respec: 1p 30g
  • Sixth Respec (and thereafter): 13 p

Note that this respec will completely reset all of your achievement choices rather than untrain a single rank or ability.

How do I view my achievements?
Open up the skills window, which is bound to the "L" key by default.

Will I automatically be granted achievement points for past accomplishments?
No, you will not be grandfathered achievement points. The idea is that you achieve things after the system goes live. That said, you can earn achievement experience by exploring regions you've already been to, defeating boss mobs you've defeated before achievements were live, etc. It will only count the first time you do it after you get Kingdom of Sky and only if the activity is of appropriate challenge for your character.