Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is horizons still alive?

Comments

• Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Decimatus

The only thing that will really bring Horizons back from the dead is an AO style expansion.  Of the Shadowlands variety. 
    Huge new map, tons of new monsters, quests, and items.  Shadowlands is the only reason AO is as strong as it is today. 
    Horizons needs something similar.  Something that triples the amount of land availabe. 

they thought of making Horizons 2 or something.  not have it be empire of istaria, but make it like its own stand alone game by using the name horizons or something like that.  thats just a rumor.

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

• EaglecrysEaglecrys Member Posts: 4
    *yawns* HZ is a very good game. It has some issues to it like all games do of course but the basic gameplay of it is great. The community is truly one of a kind. Add in some better graphics to HZ along with some better servers and such and I think it could hold on for a lot longer then anyone thinks. I for one applaude it. I have been playing it now for over two years. Just recently have I had to look for something else to do but I always go back to visit HZ until something hopefully happens with it.

Dont trash it till you tried it. Even then if you hate try to make something better yourself.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Decimatus

The only thing that will really bring Horizons back from the dead is an AO style expansion.  Of the Shadowlands variety. 
    Huge new map, tons of new monsters, quests, and items.  Shadowlands is the only reason AO is as strong as it is today. 
    Horizons needs something similar.  Something that triples the amount of land availabe. 

AO isn't "strong" :)  They still have a VERY low population of paying customers.  Frankly I just don't get how it's staying alive.  Anyone have a current subscriber count for AO?

NOTE:  I play AO, it's one of my favorite MMO's... but... I play it for free, just like most of the other players.  How they're staying afloat is beyond me.  But they are.

(note:  My Xfire account is fairly new (got it last friday) so AO isn't showing up yet since I've been monkeying around in PS all weekend).

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Originally posted by Eaglecrys
    *yawns* HZ is a very good game. It has some issues to it like all games do of course but the basic gameplay of it is great. The community is truly one of a kind. Add in some better graphics to HZ along with some better servers and such and I think it could hold on for a lot longer then anyone thinks. I for one applaude it. I have been playing it now for over two years. Just recently have I had to look for something else to do but I always go back to visit HZ until something hopefully happens with it.

Easiest way for them to "save" Horizons:
    1) Lower monthly fee to $9.95 a month
    2) Advertize that the fee is $9.95 a month

I'd play HZ for $9.95 a month..... if I wasn't already playing other games that I enjoy more.... no way am I payin $15 a month for it.  It just isn't worth it.

Sig image Pending

• HadesprimeHadesprime Member Posts: 303
    lol

Horizons is alive now because TulgaAE CEO basically scammed his way out of the original companies debts and reacquired the game debt free on a now gone now where to be seen again figure head CEO ( Chris Tumulleo... has done the best where is waldo impersonation i have ever seen ) and started over. Not to mention an impressive set of dummie companies used to hide the fact that he created Tulga himself.

Had he not been able to basically scam his way through the chapter 11 courts the game would have been dead now over a year ago.

When you have about 10,000 loyal fans and you acquire a game debt free its easy to stay alive. Not only that but they someone managed to get yet more money out of CP baker. Which has btw run dry given their interns still are not being paid.

But hey you have to give Bowman some credit ... his is a true capitalist. He made the most out of his opportunities and was able to exploit every single loop hole he could to keep Horizons alive.

Horizons now is a more stable game that it ever has been. But it is still utterly and entirely without direction. The gifted wonder aimlessly fighting a war that never existed and never will. Only just now an announcement of an expansion that finally adds SOME not all of the original 2 plus year ago release promises. We still have no war and we still have a client that performs way below MMO standards. Horizons eeks out a living now and I give credit to its current dev team totally not taking into account the companies CEO David Bowman.

If I were Bowman and company I would be sweating bullets over Vanguard. Why ? because it offers everything that Horizons does say for dragons. It is the only future MMO and only one ever that promises a crafting system that will surpass Horizons.

They have their work cut out for em.

• gopher65gopher65 Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Hadesprime
    Which has btw run dry given their interns still are not being paid.

Errm, they are INTERNS. They aren't suppose to be paid. That is the whole idea:P. They are there to learn, and do work for free. Some companies pay interns a small subsistence allowance (so they can buy food basically), but many do not.

• KlausWKlausW Member Posts: 165

Ah, of course, the poor, deluded Federal bankruptcy court judge was just too innocent and feebleminded to resist David Bowman's smoke and mirrors show.. ::::12::

Get real. You may not agree with the outcome but there was nothing illegal about it. If that tactic so offends your morality, why don't you start flaming the Anarchy Online team for doing the exact same thing?

Guildleader, Mithril Council, Chaos

• thegowchthegowch Member Posts: 18

I tried this game a bit over a year ago, and about a year before that. It has certain appealing features - but a great deal more potential than is actually realised - potential it's had since day one, that still hasn't been realised.

I consistently read from the pro-Horizoner's "it has great community". I cancelled my second free trial (after receiving the email practically begging old players to come give it another try) because of that so-called great community.

Granted, there were some incredibly helpful players there - on my second visit several of them went out of their way to make me feel welcome - or maybe it was they just craved human contact and the game was otherwise empty :P. No no seriously, they were helpful.

But I also encountered ingame what I'd seen on various forums - the bitter, twisted, older (in game time) players who spew resentment at newer players for having it all so much easier now compared to when they started playing. Honestly, never ever on any other game have I seen anything like it.

As an example, at that time, most of the quests had been revamped to be a bit more informative about what you need to do - previously they were "kill X number of X monsters" with no indication of where you might find them. I was playing a dragon character and it seems they were still in the process of fixing those quest descriptions. So I had this quest to kill a named NPC. Rather than wander the entire game world endlessly in the vain hope of finding it, I asked.

That got a bit of grumbling from one player but a couple of others were helpful - suggesting 3 spots they thought it might be. So I spend two hours in these locations killing mobs (because they said they thought it might spawn if I did that). All this time I'm listening to these players on general chat being quite rude to each other. Got a bit much eventually and I spoke up when one player accused another player of having said something (which he hadn't). So then he and a couple of buddies started attacking me for being a whingeing whining noob etc. etc.

For having once asked where this NPC was (because the quest description that should have included the location didn't) and again two hours later when I still couldn't find it (because that NPC was bugged and not spawning at all until a dev later fixed it). When other players tried to then defend me, they got attacked. It was.... bizarre.

On the one hand, when I said I still couldn't find it two hours later, two other players offered to come help me find it - I've played on quite a few online games and I'd class that as very very helpful. I really think Horizons does have a core of really great players.

But it also has some of the most bitter players I've encountered anywhere. Go trawl through the forums - they're easy to spot - I'd stereotype them as a) they have dragon characters, b) they levelled them to max 3+ years ago, c) they have very small.... oh I can't say that here...

I'm just as stunned as anyone else that the game is still alive. I mean last time I played, the graphics were dated (but I could live with that), the load times were painful (less easy to live with) and despite having received an email from the devs inviting me back to the new and improved Horizons, they somehow didn't feel the need to fix up all the lowbie dragon problems even though you'd imagine dragons would be one of their biggest drawcards - other than the mysteriously located NPC that wouldn't spawn, there were eg. level 10 quests to kill level 12-20 mobs in an area where they all spawned together. Inviting players back to the new and improved version of the game while you're still working on the improvements was.... well premature invitation IS something to be embarassed about.

I am, therefore, skeptical about these latest claims of the game being so much better now. I'll grant the improvements sound nifty, possibly even innovative, but I'd have to agree with other posters who point to those improvements being a bit limited in scope.

Another example of Horizons quirkiness - you have the only mmo where players can be dragons, and the focus is all on crafting...

• HadesprimeHadesprime Member Posts: 303

Originally posted by KlausW

Ah, of course, the poor, deluded Federal bankruptcy court judge was just too innocent and feebleminded to resist David Bowman's smoke and mirrors show.. ::::12::
    Get real. You may not agree with the outcome but there was nothing illegal about it. If that tactic so offends your morality, why don't you start flaming the Anarchy Online team for doing the exact same thing?

because  Funcom did not do the exact same thing

They did not

1) Bait and delay their creditor till they could file for chapter 11
    2) they were always honest about the state of the game. Has David Bowman ever been ?
    3) They did not try and shuffle their debts onto someone else
    4) Funcom came out of chapter 11 as Funcom not a dummy company that Bowman set up a couple weeks prior to chapter 11 using Mr Chris Tumello as the figure head. Btw Where is Chris now anyway ? This poor sucker was just another one of Bowman's puppets. Does anyone else care to comment on those that just were not there anymore ? How many have there been ? Ahh NDA's the stuff made of legends.
    5) Most of all Funcom has never lied. Thats right they never straight out lied.

and now for the most important point and its my opinion only.

Just because it is legal does not mean its right. Anyone who believes our laws are just moral and right is naive and stupid at best. Borderline moronic if they believe corporate law to be anything but moral.

So lets not debate the morality of it all and try to compare the Tulga - AE situation to any other MMO developer cause there hasen't been one yet and I doubt ever will. In the end the subject of the thread is why is HZ still alive. What I said is spot on cannot be countered cannot be debated. Well it can be for those living in Tulga's back pocket perhaps. Just play the game and keep quiet about things you really have no clue about. Be happy its still around and by all means my morality does not have to supercede yours. But horizons is here today because of some mighty fine manipulation and exploitation of the system. Care to say it was not ?

But hey its all opinions anyway.
  • EttiaveEttiave Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by gopher65

Errm, they are INTERNS. They aren't suppose to be paid. That is the whole idea:P. They are there to learn, and do work for free. Some companies pay interns a small subsistence allowance (so they can buy food basically), but many do not.

Ummmm, not sure what country you're from. In the US most interns get paid pretty well. I'm interning this summer and makeing a good chunk of cash.
  • KlausWKlausW Member Posts: 165

What I said is spot on cannot be countered cannot be debated. Well it can be for those living in Tulga's back pocket perhaps.

No room for argument and anyone who doesn't agree is getting paid by Tulga to say so?

Riiiight...

The point you tried to evade is this: Funcom filed Ch. 11, reorganized as the law allows them to do, came back, fixed their product, and are today a stable, if small, MMO. That's all that happened with AE. Nothing illegal or immoral about it, unless you consider bankruptcy as a thing to be immoral.

The whole point of bankruptcy protection is to allow people and corporations to recover when they screw up royally. Verio lost, what, 1-2 million in AE's bankruptcy? Sorry, that's their own fault. AE made a terrible business decision by signing a contract for hosting that didn't allow them to scale back services if they needed to. Verio could have worked with AE and allowed them to scale back services when the launch flopped, but they didn't. They stuck to the terms of the contract and were left with a big, nasty tax writeoff.

So, I'd say it was a banner day for dumb business decisions for Verio, too.

Guildleader, Mithril Council, Chaos

• tarukingtaruking Member Posts: 8

I played this game a long time ago at the launch and is was enjoying it for some time until the servers satrted to lag extremely bad.

Because of that i just decided to quit the game and start on EQ2 wich also fell through.

But can anyone tell me if this game is really that much better to go ahead and try it out again with the new content or just forget it?

• SvayvtiSvayvti Member Posts: 160

because  Funcom did not do the exact same thing

They did not

Just go read the back of a Shadowlands or AI box. Most all of that stuff was never in-game when they said it would, in fact most of what is there from the advertising has only been added in the last year. I personally won't trust a thing that Gaute Godager says because of experience, though others in that company are straight shooters like the current game director for AO.

I'd actually call them a pretty close parallel, but Funcom had the advantage of having been through it at an earlier time when the industry was still more forgiving because they had less competition. Funcom still has a niche product as the only first person MMORPG/PvP product (rather than MMO FPS like Planetside and Neocron are).

Horizons has a free trial and I rather enjoyed my trial of it. If you're curious, why not give the trial a go?

• priestess70priestess70 Member Posts: 4

You know I have sat and read through this entire area, where many of you have a whinge and whine about why isnt this fixed, why doesnt that work, and yet I wonder how many of you have ever bothered to make a toon and come visit the players who are regulars of the testing shard Blight.  We are a small community who every day try our hardest to retest low level, middle level and high level quests, schools etc in the hope of fixing problems before they go live.

We pay our subscription the same as everyone else, we dont get free subscription but we all band together in an attempt to keep this game going, WHY?  because believe it or not, as problems are resolved slowly but surely the devs can work on other problems.  We are currently on Blight testing a new build which hopefully will alleviate many of the lag problems, we are a fun loving, easy going group who will offer assistance to those who wish to help us test....and yes we even have communities with expert shops and silos to help along with the crafting too.

Armour, scales, weapons we happily craft for nothing to help those who want to help us, if more people got behind testers on Blight then maybe you might just see the improvement on the live shards you all complain about.

Many games have beta testers, Horizons has Blight, so lend a hand, join in the fun and you might find you have a worthwhile fun experience while you are there helping us find those annoying bugs!!

Originally posted by priestess70

You know I have sat and read through this entire area, where many of you have a whinge and whine about why isnt this fixed, why doesnt that work, and yet I wonder how many of you have ever bothered to make a toon and come visit the players who are regulars of the testing shard Blight.  We are a small community who every day try our hardest to retest low level, middle level and high level quests, schools etc in the hope of fixing problems before they go live.
    We pay our subscription the same as everyone else, we dont get free subscription but we all band together in an attempt to keep this game going, WHY?  because believe it or not, as problems are resolved slowly but surely the devs can work on other problems.  We are currently on Blight testing a new build which hopefully will alleviate many of the lag problems, we are a fun loving, easy going group who will offer assistance to those who wish to help us test....and yes we even have communities with expert shops and silos to help along with the crafting too.
    Armour, scales, weapons we happily craft for nothing to help those who want to help us, if more people got behind testers on Blight then maybe you might just see the improvement on the live shards you all complain about.
    Many games have beta testers, Horizons has Blight, so lend a hand, join in the fun and you might find you have a worthwhile fun experience while you are there helping us find those annoying bugs!!

Sorry, not going to pay a monthly fee to beta a game :)

Sig image Pending

Originally posted by priestess70

I actually did have a paid subscription with horizons for 10 months.  Im actually one of the orignals to started playing the game on the first month it went live.  it was my first mmo and i remember it very much.  i remember how new brommel had some 50 people sitting around the shrine.  I remember when servers merged from nine servers to only three.

The community is one of the best and most mature ive ever seen yet in a mmo.  everyone is very helpful, people will help a dragon's RoP for nothing.  i would see people sit around for an hour or so at a time just to shot the breeze or RP.  Yes I would do all that too.

When I went to City of Heroes after I left Horizons, I saw how in trouble Horizons was.  On the weekend during peak time a single zone have more people then Horizons peak time of all the servers combined.  good community is nice and all but people want content and thats what City of Heroes had.

• OpheleaOphelea Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Jd1680a

I actually did have a paid subscription with horizons for 10 months.  Im actually one of the orignals to started playing the game on the first month it went live.  it was my first mmo and i remember it very much.  i remember how new brommel had some 50 people sitting around the shrine.  I remember when servers merged from nine servers to only three.

The community is one of the best and most mature ive ever seen yet in a mmo.  everyone is very helpful, people will help a dragon's RoP for nothing.  i would see people sit around for an hour or so at a time just to shot the breeze or RP.  Yes I would do all that too.

When I went to City of Heroes after I left Horizons, I saw how in trouble Horizons was.  On the weekend during peak time a single zone have more people then Horizons peak time of all the servers combined.  good community is nice and all but people want content and thats what City of Heroes had.

JD,

Being as that was 2+ years ago now, could it be possible that your initial impressions have changed?

I read this often on these boards and it seems strange to me.

"I played in beta and it was awful"  - well, yes, beta is an unfinished project

"I played before the bankruptcy when things were admittedly terrible blah blah" - oh, yes, no one denies this.

But those opinions, valid though they may be OF THAT PERIOD OF TIME, how can they be applied to the game of now?

I certainly wouldn't judge Anarchy Online based upon it's launch - arguably one of the worst in history.  And for all of the troubles that AC2 had before they closed, they turned it around into a decent game before they shut it down. It was just too late for a company of that size.

Tulga, being smaller, can afford to continue to tweak and change (and has more subs than AC2 did when it closed - thankfully). 

Perhaps, to all those who proffer an opinion of what the game WAS like, try the current 14-day trial - there's a new torrent download that makes it easier to download by about 14 hours! You may not like the game, but I'm pretty sure you'll find it's not nearly as plagued with the same issues you found before.

And there have been no character wipes since inception. If you can remember your old log-in, your characters will be there.

• FinduilasFinduilas Member Posts: 377

Ophelea would you please list, or at least sketch out, ALL the content additions made to the game. Not from beta, but from December '04, which is when I quit. I am well aware of what was added, removed and changed from beta to then.

When I quit I hoped to soon return to my belowed game, so I followed the progress and read numerous patch notes, waiting for promised content. However I have not read everything about the game since and probably missed a great deal of the patch notes and would be interested in an update.

As a guide, though, you can exclude ALL craft/tradeskill updates and additions since I'm not a hardcore crafter, except for ONE question. Have they added more racial structures, principally Elven, since I'll only buy a plot and build on it IF I can build an appropriate home for my elf ranger? Entirely not interested in building dwarven structures.

Secondly, you can ignore ALL content added for DRAGONS, since I didn't play one, and STILL have no desire to. I understand that dragons are a major selling point for the game, but I will not bother with a re-sub, or trial to play a dragon, that's just me.

When I played it was on Unity, and with the ongoing problems that server is experiencing I'll not go near it unless assurances can be made. I play MMOs for the adventure side, and would play an elven Ranger, if I started a trial, What kind of content could I NOW expect, from the early levels, with the sub classes of fighter and druid, through to the mid/high levels? Can I still solo? Will it be less of a grind? What kind of challenges are there to tempt me to reach the upper levels? Quests? Diversity of equipment? Range of differerent monsters to fight, areas to hunt in?

I ask these questions of ALL MMOs I play, both prior to and during play, and they determine whether I play at all, and whether or not I stay.

Thx in advance.

Finduilas,

Wow. That's a tall order as there's never been a fansite that's been steadily maintained for this game and other than patch notes, no record of content additions.

I've only been on the job as OCR for a week - before that I did marketing and my team helped revamp the community site. I'm still working on making the community site more community friendly, getting horizons.gamersinfo.net up to speed on basic guides because the Brady guide is woefully out of date and somewhere in there I've got to figure out who does exactly what at Tulga as OCR at Tulga works a bit differently. (I do less hands on answering of questions and more parcelling to the correct person).

BUT

Your question is one I've seen often. They're on patch 114+. Obviously, not all have added significant content. And internal patch notes don't look anything like those here here (somewhere to start).  Because I DO see this question so often I'll make it a priority to work on it, but priority at this time still means it could take me several weeks. I'm contracted, not full time but I realize it's importance.

I can tell you a few things (I've always been more involved with the company than the game and that's something I need to work on as well so even here I won't have all of the answers you need):

Racial structures - some have been added but not Elven. At this time, Elven are not planned but with the recently announced expansion there are plans for Dwarven Tunnels and Dryad Trees. Also, there will be furniture. Key to the furniture is it will not work in existing buildings as they stand - they may require upgrades as much of the furniture will have functionality.

Unity. I walk a fine line here. I will say this, Chaos is a much more populated server than any other.

For content, you'll find the early levels in particular to be completely revamped - but only certain schools are complete. This is a project you'd be walking into the middle of. Warrior, Mage, Cleric? are complete. They are getting a few tweaks in the next update. There are COMPLETELY new tutorials and tutoral islands and content (for the above classes) that carry you through 10, 20 is coming - along with the other base classes. Lesser Aradoth was also completely revamped so play is FUN through about 30...sometimes more, depending upon your style.

Many new boss monsters and a few epic quests added. (I don't have the names in front of me). There is the Elemental Ranger (I think that's the name) quest. Tough one but you get good results.

You can still solo. I wouldn't play if you couldn't.

Grind. Well, one of the fixes due before the expansion and it's a BIG one so it will take the resources of the new developers who start in about 2.5 weeks (so it won't be fully underway until then) is a complete overhaul of the loot system. And I mean COMPLETE.

Recently, as in the last 5-6 months the style of quests has changed. The lead designer, Amon Gwareth, has reached a point where he really "gets it" and the fedex quests of old no longer exist. Peter S Beagle's first quest went in. It took a long time, didn't quite go off as intended but is being revamped and his second is being worked on. Peter and the team both had a steep, steep learning curve but the type of content Peter is providing forced the team to add new tech and think in different directions. So, you'll see pockets of interesting quests. One of the upcoming new devs is experienced in writing and quests. Expect more over time.

The rest of your questions are a little too specific for me to answer.

I'd say do the trial, give the warrior/mage tutorials on New Trismus a whirl (they're a bit tough on the aggro now but that's being fixed) so you can see what the new content is like and then change to Ranger. If you're happy now, stick with it. If not, check back in about 2 months and see where things are then.

And you can PM me on the official boards at any time with questions - especially to remind me (repeatedly please) to get this content timeline done.

• priestess70priestess70 Member Posts: 4

I currently play a Ranger and have multi-classed with needed schools for Ranger (Scout & Druid) but also took Elemental Archer to lvl 100 and did the burning Archer Quest.  Although they still havent really added any quests in for ranger, there is alot of monsters you can solo (hehe have to on Blight) but if you join the Chaos shard you will find other players who are always looking for a bowman to add to their group. 

Crystals are back in the game so socketed bows with powershot and say a crystal for Bleed makes a nice little weapon, unfortunatley Elves still dont have their own houses so I had to make do with a human house, but definately been a revamp to some areas with Lesser Aradoth adding a nice little challenge to the lower levels and Trandalar a brilliant area for the middle range.

• FadeFade Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by Ettiave

Originally posted by gopher65

Ummmm, not sure what country you're from. In the US most interns get paid pretty well. I'm interning this summer and makeing a good chunk of cash.

sorry to go off topic, but most interns do not get paid at all.  it does depend on your field (my econ major friends get paid some for theirs) but most people do not get paid for interns.  you are very lucky to find a well paying internship.

proud member of BKB http://www.bkbhq.com/

• DerakDerak Member Posts: 10
    Horizons is still alive because there is something there. with all the problems it has had if there wasnt something truly enjoyable and unique about the game it would of stayed sunk the first time it went under. when i was following this game waiting for it to come out i said to myself "now there's something i want to play" but it blew apart before my eyes and i only stayed for about 30 levels after launch. now i myself am one of the people they lost during the first 6 months and am overjoyed that they pulled through and got this game running right. it's never going to be a wow but it might be able to grab a eve like nich among the lumbering giants of the industry. it's kicking along as is and with the expansion they plan to retail i think the numbers are really going to jump. this game has depth and a community unlike any other game out there. with all the races the classes the multi classing the dragon race and on top of that the player structures there is enough here to keep any player busy for years on end. games like wow have a *chuckle* "wow factor" at first but eventually you just run out of stuff to do. at the higher levels it becomes either a raid or pvp grind like all the others. in horizons even if you somehow double or tripple leveled a biped and on top of that built yourself a nice sea side cabin or even small town and became bored you could then start a dragon which is another lifetime in and of itself. This game has alot going for it and now that it works the devs have started working on content with a fury. on top of that the devs actually talk with the players on the forums and on irc. i sent the ceo himself a mischievous pm and within 15 minutes had gotten a personal and equally amusing responce from him. i think once word gets out that horizons is "fixed" people new and old will start flocking back. and that good sirs is my 2cc :D

Rother Gallant-Order

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

For the love of all things holy give EU the support they deserve and either outsource a better EU host or let them migrate to a US server.

No annoying animated GIF here!

Originally posted by Xenduli

For the love of all things holy give EU the support they deserve and either outsource a better EU host or let them migrate to a US server.

As easy as migration sounds, it would require that Tulga own the accounts. GN owns those accounts, therefore migration is not as simple as "just moving them".

They simply don't belong to Tulga.

Originally posted by Ophelea
    JD,

Being as that was 2+ years ago now, could it be possible that your initial impressions have changed?

I read this often on these boards and it seems strange to me.

"I played in beta and it was awful"  - well, yes, beta is an unfinished project

"I played before the bankruptcy when things were admittedly terrible blah blah" - oh, yes, no one denies this.

But those opinions, valid though they may be OF THAT PERIOD OF TIME, how can they be applied to the game of now?

I never mentioned any where in my last post on anything negative about horizons.  if you look very closely i made very positive remarks. the positive side still exist, im sure there are alot of good, mature, friendly players who are still willing to help anyone without no cost or have no selfish motive.  no doubt a lot of the problems were there two years have been fixed.  i didnt leave horizons of any of those problems it had.  I left to play everquest 2 plus i was bored of the game, its that simple.

The problem with Horizons is its low population, even two years ago, still remains the same.  City of Heroes still have a player base close to 150,000.  I bet CoH still have more people on peak time on a single zone then Horizons do on an entire server.  This is where the real problem lies.  Even with all the improvements Horizons have been made, its doesnt make any difference if only a small trickle of people are coming to join.  Tulga games, like any other company, is here to make a profit.  If enough people arent coming to play Horizons, then they will not be making any kind of profit.  Tulga games would have to heavily rely on an outside source of funds to stay alive, that would be CP Baker.  If CP baker were to pull out all funding to Tulga games, then Horizons will be doomed.  This is the very heart and the real problem this game will face.