Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this the game for me?

beerisgoodbeerisgood Member Posts: 59
I'm looking for something that really has no end-game. I'd like to have a good player community, and there always be something to do, and achieve. The fact that its free is a big plus, so im really looking into it. I'm looking for something thats fast-paced and fun, not really shallow like WoW. If this game has no more depth than WoW, I might as well forget about it. Comments?

Comments

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Guild Wars= MMORPG version of counter strike or unreal tournament...

guild wars the more u pvp the more u gain rank and the best part about guild wars is that the expantion has this

* Faction Battles
    Factions Battles are large-scale, strategic PvP battles that allow factions to conquer new territory.

that part about the game is going to be pwahhhhh

if u want to enjoy guild wars alot i suggest u buy both the game and the expantion when it comes out but if u dont want to enjoy it all that much then i suggest that u just buy the expantion because it is going to be stand alone :P

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by beerisgood
    I'm looking for something that really has no end-game. I'd like to have a good player community, and there always be something to do, and achieve. The fact that its free is a big plus, so im really looking into it. I'm looking for something thats fast-paced and fun, not really shallow like WoW. If this game has no more depth than WoW, I might as well forget about it. Comments?

I enjoy Guild Wars immensily, that being said:

Do not try to compare GW to WoW
    - CORPG vs MMORPG

WoW PvE is deeper than GW PvE

GW PvP creates a non-endgame feel and is much better than WoW PvP
    - The new "Factions" stand-alone expansion will add to this aspect

GW is faced paced by comparison to WoW, an example is leveling (which is pretty unimportant)

It is possible to enjoy both games, I did because they allowed me to not get burnt out on one. I could take breaks from each and not feel like I am playing the same game.

Have fun whatever you decide::::20::

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)