Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about pricing and content

GromdarGromdar Member Posts: 1

Hello, first time poster long time lurker here. 

I have some questions about the game in it's current state and it's pricing model.  I have searched everywhere on Anarchy Online's website to find out what the pricing model is monthly, but cannot seem to find it anywhere.  Can anyone provide me with a link?

Secondly, a bit of history.  I purchased Shadowlands when it first came out.  That was my first foray into the MMO world.  I didn't last too long, as I could not get used to the UI, and the game seemed a little boring.  That was my initial impression coming from console and pc gaming.  Fast foward to now.  I play WoW daily, but am starting to get a little bored of it.  WoW has opened me up to a lot of different MMOs I would have never bothered to look at or explore, and I want to try out AO again wtih a fresh outlook and an open mind.  Maybe as a secondary MMO? Who knows.  I definitely plan on trying out the free trial.

Question - Has AO changed alot since it first came out?  Needless to say, I am used to WoW style of play.  I am a very casual player, but looking for a little more complexity and options that WoW does not have, but still giving the kind of play I love in WoW, namely long and interesting quests and discovery, plus fun small dungeons that can be done in a night without the requirement of 40+ people.  In WoW terms, I would be considered a 'carebear'.  Anyone think AO would fit my needs? 

Comments

• Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290

Pricing info is in the FAQ>Account and Download pages which are common spots to put such info. They regularly run deals for new players to either get SL and NW for free then you pay for AI or all the expansions for $10.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/support/faq/Billing_Account/
    http://www.anarchyonline.com/content/downloads/tryout/

They have added and changed various things over time, the most obvious being content added by the various expansions. WoW is basically MMORPGs for Dummies, the easy MMORPG anyone can play and level, if you can stand the community. AO has a lot more to it, you will want to stop and think more about what you want to do with your char down the line or you'll produce a weakened character. With the expansions you also get more gear and perk lines to add to your character development options. Aside from gear there are implants and symbiont plus items are stat based, not level based so with other gear and buffs you can squeeze yourself into higher quality level gear than you otherwise would be able to use. With the game being more involved it tends to filter out the 1337 B.net script kiddie types in time so the community is quite good. Although the base version being free if you play in the earlier areas on the planet you can run into a number of annoying people, they tend to only last about an hour to a month though depending on their attention span.

Quests and missions generally give you about two days in real time to complete, long more involved ones could give you about a month. In WoW you could do it all alone then when you hit max grind for better gear in groups. While you could play solo in AO it's better to be in groups to do things, joining an org would help there. MMORPGs are suppose to be less about defined tasks to complete like in single player games and more about the freedom to do and go where ever and to do things with others. If you want to play on your own and/or need those predefined tasks stick to single player games.