Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• AphexAphex Member Posts: 194

So Ultima Online is an everquest clone nowadays? ::::29::
    How do you define an everquest clone btw? I'm pretty sure that there are quite a few games out and coming out that don't fit to your definition.

I do agree though, wow can be fun to play for a while.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

nerf09 posting something positive about WoW...

*re-reads post*
    *shakes head*
    *goes back to sleep(

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Originally posted by Aphex
    So Ultima Online is an everquest clone nowadays? ::::29::

Yep. I remember being online in Ultima Online when a guildie of mine started talking about this game that was about to be released called Everquest. He said it was like Ultima Online, just with more modern graphics
    ::::02::

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

How is DAoC with RvR an Everquest clone?

Every game has some similarities to other games. But other than WoW, every other game has it's uniqueness too. WoW is just a sampling of every other game out there.

===============================

• Death'sHandDeath'sHand Member Posts: 3

Enlighten me as to how Eve Online and WWII Online are Everquest clones?

I'm not trying to be condescending, but would like to see how they are clones

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Death'sHand

EVE isn't. EVE is only there so you get the feeling "I'm doing something usefull while I'm asleep"
  • apertotesapertotes Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Gameloading

EVE isn't. EVE is only there so you get the feeling "I'm doing something usefull while I'm asleep"

yes, like right now. i am working, but i am doing something useful. when i come back home i will be nearly completing signature analysis level 4 image
  • Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

You grind for experience or stats, then brag about it, and gank lowbies (In wwiionline you use allied equipment for all your ganking needs).
  • DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

So, Nerf, by your reasoning all those games are EQ clones. May I ask WTF you've been smoking?
    Just because EQ exists doesn't mean everything is a clone of it. Erm, wasn't UO even released before EQ? How can it possibly be a clone then.

ZOMG! It's like anti-pasta!

(Obscure Discworld reference)

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

Originally posted by Darkchronic

So, Nerf, by your reasoning all those games are EQ clones. May I ask WTF you've been smoking?
    Just because EQ exists doesn't mean everything is a clone of it. Erm, wasn't UO even released before EQ? How can it possibly be a clone then.
    (Obscure Discworld reference)

Im not getting involved in the Star Wars Geeks vs. Trekkies war.  Fanboyism at its finest.  Just deal with it dweebs, theyre all everquest clones.
  • DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

Originally posted by Nerf09
    Originally posted by Darkchronic
    So, Nerf, by your reasoning all those games are EQ clones. May I ask WTF you've been smoking?Just because EQ exists doesn't mean everything is a clone of it. Erm, wasn't UO even released before EQ? How can it possibly be a clone then.
    (Obscure Discworld reference)Im not getting involved in the Star Wars Geeks vs. Trekkies war. Fanboyism at its finest. Just deal with it dweebs, theyre all everquest clones.

Dude, the idea is you give reasons to support your arguments. Instead of just calling us 'dweebs'.

And aren't dweebs those sweets?

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541
    Well, since everything could be compared to something else as the original idea, and since all things are relative and all ideas are contributed to by pre-existing concepts, I feel that it is safe to say that all MMORPGs are clones of peas and carrots.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• TurboGsTurboGs Member Posts: 42

Enlighten me as to how Eve Online and WWII Online are Everquest clones?
    I'm not trying to be condescending, but would like to see how they are clonesYou grind for experience or stats, then brag about it, and gank lowbies (In wwiionline you use allied equipment for all your ganking needs).

gank newbies? not that ive played it but i thought there was no pvp in everquest atm

• sewashsewash Member UncommonPosts: 60

Originally posted by TurboGs
    Enlighten me as to how Eve Online and WWII Online are Everquest clones?
    I'm not trying to be condescending, but would like to see how they are clonesYou grind for experience or stats, then brag about it, and gank lowbies (In wwiionline you use allied equipment for all your ganking needs).

gank newbies? not that ive played it but i thought there was no pvp in everquest atm

There is, in both EQ and now also EQ2 -however they are on seperate servers and not an integral part of the game itself which is more PvE centric..so that comparison is ludicrous

As for OP - making ignorant shotgun statements and labeling them as facts does not the truth make.

I can list any number of reasons why the vast majority of those games are NOT eq clones outside of the fact that they are MMOs with general basic functions in place. By your logic all sodas are a clone of Vernors Ginger Ale.

**edit**
    this discussion brings to mind something I think was said by Carl Sagan..
    "To create apple pie from scratch, one must first create the universe"