Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Food to Eat While Gaming

Beef Jerky. Its perfect. End of thread. ::::01::

-- I need a nerf --

Comments

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

I dunno about that. The Teriyaki one can be too sticky. Don't want to mess up my mouse and keyboard. The pepper one can drop peppers into your keyboard. Some jerky is hard to eat too. You gotta wrench at some of 'em to get a piece to break off. Can't really do that while you are gaming. They have jerky bites, and jerky chew though. I'm sure those could be very good to eat while gaming. Another problem with jerky though, is that its salty. Just going to make you more thirsty.

Jerky is good since it has no preparation time. I currently eat a lot of those Chewy Granola bars while gaming now.

• freebirdpatfreebirdpat Member Posts: 568

Lots of things are good, but I know the solution to eating the really tasty things(like doritos, chips, things like that) but the problem is if you use your fingers they get junk on them. The best thing to use is chopsticks. No messy fingers and you can use one hand to eat with. May require ambidexterity though.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

I dont' Eat while gaming. I PVP, no room for food.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • BirdeyeBirdeye Member Posts: 13
    One word Cheez-It... End Post.
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    I don't eat when I game. Watching TV I get hungry, but I can go 12-24 hours without eating when I game. I just have never broken the 13 hour straight mark.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457
    Breast.
  • Teddy3157Teddy3157 Member Posts: 112

Frosted Mini-Wheats, straight from the box.

Only problem is they have so much fiber you'll be crapping your brains out later and you might suffocate from your own gas. ::::04::

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

I don't eat while playing. In most cases. But a ice cold coke is always a nice friend ::::20::

• FaemusFaemus Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by freebirdpat
    Lots of things are good, but I know the solution to eating the really tasty things(like doritos, chips, things like that) but the problem is if you use your fingers they get junk on them. The best thing to use is chopsticks. No messy fingers and you can use one hand to eat with. May require ambidexterity though.

You've opened a whole new world of snackyness for me. I am in your debt. . . ::::08::

-- I need a nerf --

• TrindrasTrindras Member Posts: 173

Chinese food man, chinese food. Only when I have downtime though. I grab the little takeout box and my chopsticks, grab a few bites, and get back to gaming.

That's when I have the money to blow. When I don't, I stick to mini pretzel twists, pizza bites, or my favorite (if I have them made up ahead of time) Fried Ravioli (eaten with chopsticks).

To make fried ravioli, it's acually very easy. Take a package of uncooked ravioli, 2 bowls, breadcrumbs, and preheat a deep fryer to 375F (or put some oil in a frying pan, about 1 inch on medium/high heat). Put some eggs into one bowl and scramble them, and the breadcrumbs in the other. Take 1 ravioli at a time, dip in egg, then in breadcrumbs, then toss into deep fryer/frying pan. If you're cooking in a deep fryer, they will be done when they float. In a frying pan, cook on both sides till golden brown.

Any sort of ravioli works too. Cheese, beef, sausage, chicken, etc. Tastes great, and is pretty healthy too. Serve with a side of tomato sauce to dip.

• Gouki4uGouki4u Member Posts: 215

I usually don't eat while gaming, but would go or the Chinese food if I could actually use chopsticks. As it is I'd probably gt general tzo in my keyboard, and that's no good.

My computer does, however, have a cup holder.

When people will pay others to play a game for them it might be a sign the game isn't all that fun.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Originally posted by Gouki4u

My computer does, however, have a cup holder.

Thats the CD ROM drive Noob image

Damn Chopstix for eating snakies is a good idea... I like it.!

I also like MnMs and stuff like that while gaming, just easy to eat and not much finger residue. But my current favorite is this :

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/candy/68ad/

Couple of stix of black black and its image and turbo uber micro image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

Bacon and egg sarnie washed down with beer or I like those crisps that are light like Quavers, they don't leave your fingers all mucky unlike those cheesy ones. I like to think I'm healthy, but I'm probably a heart attack waiting to happen ::::02::

• SonOfAGhostSonOfAGhost Member Posts: 383

For those non-stop weekend-long LAN parties, chocolate covered coffee beans.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

looking around my desk...
    Protien shakes...
    dont take long to make, stick em in a water bottle and you got enough food for a long time.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    beer.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

Hmmm, what's a good food to eat when both of your hands are taken in PvP action?

I'll have my friends shove food down my throat while I'm gaming, and I'll eventually choke and die. (>_<)

This siggy is CGI that my cousin made in 4 hours.

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    green thai chicken curry

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• KazanukariKazanukari Member Posts: 74

i love having cheese and some kind of dessert that i can use a spoon or a fork with because if u use ur hands ur keyboard and mouse is screwed, and im sure that you dont want to buy a new keyboard or mouse, im pretty sure they're expensive, i also have to put a vote on cheese cause who doesnt like cheese? I DONT LIKE CHEESE HATERS! THEY MAKE ME ANGRY! the best food to eat is cheese, desserts, or your favorite food personally! there is no best food to eat ITS UR OPINION

• FaemusFaemus Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by Kazanukari
    i love having cheese and some kind of dessert that i can use a spoon or a fork with because if u use ur hands ur keyboard and mouse is screwed, and im sure that you dont want to buy a new keyboard or mouse, im pretty sure they're expensive, i also have to put a vote on cheese cause who doesnt like cheese? I DONT LIKE CHEESE HATERS! THEY MAKE ME ANGRY! the best food to eat is cheese, desserts, or your favorite food personally! there is no best food to eat ITS UR OPINION

but... but.... Beef Jerky! heheh. You could put cheese on it I guess ::::12::

-- I need a nerf --

Originally posted by Trindras

To make fried ravioli, it's acually very easy. Take a package of uncooked ravioli, 2 bowls, breadcrumbs, and preheat a deep fryer to 375F (or put some oil in a frying pan, about 1 inch on medium/high heat). Put some eggs into one bowl and scramble them, and the breadcrumbs in the other. Take 1 ravioli at a time, dip in egg, then in breadcrumbs, then toss into deep fryer/frying pan. If you're cooking in a deep fryer, they will be done when they float. In a frying pan, cook on both sides till golden brown.

Any sort of ravioli works too. Cheese, beef, sausage, chicken, etc. Tastes great, and is pretty healthy too. Serve with a side of tomato sauce to dip.

No matter how healthy the food is, if you deep fry it, the food then becomes very unhealthy. I learned this the hard way when I told my doctor that I ate 5 servings of fried Twinkies at the fair.

I tried the cheese thing by joining a $30 gourmet cheese of the month club. I ate some of the first month and none of second before canceling. I guess I am too American to enjoy anything besides processed cheese. Damn this Fast Food Nation.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I was going to say Top Ramen, but then I thought about the hazards it posses towards keyboards.

• TrindrasTrindras Member Posts: 173

Originally posted by Laserwolf
    Originally posted by Trindras
    Any sort of ravioli works too. Cheese, beef, sausage, chicken, etc. Tastes great, and is pretty healthy too. Serve with a side of tomato sauce to dip.No matter how healthy the food is, if you deep fry it, the food then becomes very unhealthy. I learned this the hard way when I told my doctor that I ate 5 servings of fried Twinkies at the fair.

Ugh. Listen, I'm a chef. I studied cooking for 4 years. Deep frying is NOT unhealthy if done properly. the proper way to deep fry is at a high temp (as high as the food and fryer can withstand), and to not overcook it. Also, you have to make sure the oil is up to temp and STAYS up to temp, otherwise the oil soaks in.

With that being said, I can assure you all that in moderation, my fried ravioli are perfectly healthy. I don't recommend eating 30+ a day every day though for your snack :P It is a good meal though, or nice little snack to munch on.

• josjikawajosjikawa Member Posts: 209
    chocolate cookies, or just chocolate. im also smking while im playing :) i figured best hand to smoke with is ur mouse hand! good tipimage