Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so i log into swg today

13»

Comments

• TreepioTreepio Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by azhrarn

Originally posted by akewlguy

the pre-cu will come back la know nge fail and make swg and soe the laughing stock of the gaming world. soe is dieing with players leaving eq2 everyday for good games like WoW. if we want the pre-cu back we need to start fighting for it.

Azh:  I could only wish that the Pre-CU game would be restored to us.  However, that is a pipe dream.  Regardless of how good the return to pre-CU might seem to many, if not most of us, SOE and LA will not relent and restore to us the game we paid for and spent so much time playing. 

I and many like me have voiced our desire and opinion to SOE and LA both through the forums and media, and by cancelling our many accounts.  Some of us have gone even further and ceased to buy any product sold by SOE's parent company (Sony).  We believe that this is the ONLY thing that these companies understand.  But we are not stupid enough to believe that we will ever get our game back.  We simply wish to ensure that the market contenders understand beyond all doubt that should anyone ever cross the line again, as it was crossed with the changes to SWG, that it will not be profitable in the least.

I find it rather naive to believe that SOE will ever do something radical to make SWG profitable again. I played it for a long long time, brought my brother and 2 good friends into the game ... and saw it all go straight to hell thanks to SOE's management.
    How a company is able to kill a franchise like the SW universe is still a mistery to me.

SWG was my (and my brothers and the 2 friends) first MMORPG.
    We we're such noobs when we started. If i think back at the days we first started, we did every noobish thing you can imagine.

In the last couple of years, I played a decent amount of other MMO's (actually all i do is play mmo's now) L2, EQ2 and now WOW.

But the days when we we're noobs in SWG were actually the best times I had ... strange really.
    I remember doing missions outside of naboo (imp missions), me being a pistoleer, my brother a rifleman, both the most crappy gear possible ingame (bought from the market), we never heared of sologrouping and stuff, yea that 4k credit you could earn from that mission, WHOA show me the monneeyy image.

Every mission we did was a fight to life and death, involving noobish tactics like lets scout that hill first and stuff ... If you came across us during this you would surely have given us 100k for being the biggest noobs you ever saw :) But it was the best time i ever had ...

I made a lot of US friends in SWG (im from EU myself), and the community of SWG was the best i have ever encountered in a MMO.
    But as the game evolved, we just couldnt ignore all the bugs, the lies, the stupidity of SOE anymore.
    My brother and 1 friend quit playing in this process, leaving me and 1 buddy alone image
    And it was in that periode i was confronted with the awefull CTD bug, with didnt get fixed for a long time. I (and many others who had the same problem with the CTD bug) discussed this many many times on the boards, and saw it get professionally ignored by the CM's and dev's and prolly every other SOE employee.
    Needless to say i cancell not long after, came back once after CU and didnt like it ...

Damn this is starting to be a long thread ...

Guess my point being is, dispite all of it's flaws (pre CU that is) SWG was the most fun I ever had in a MMO, but it got screwed by SOE.
    I made up a long time ago, never ever to buy, play a SOE Sony game again. Suits them right ... 

Dunno why i'm even replying here, guess it's a combo of being bored at work image and seeing azhrarn's post. It reminded me of a particular person who i met in SWG on the first day i logged it, and who was so helpfull and understanding to my noobieself.
    I miss SWG a lot, even nowadays when i play WOW with my 60 priest and 60 rogue and raid raid and repgrind repgrind and raid raid and BG BG ...

Good reply azhrarn, wish i met more people like you :)

And Duggo, freaking cool sig you have ... SOE destroyes galaxies ... image awesome

OK back to work now, customer at the desk ... image