Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Odd Jobs

XilanxivXilanxiv Member Posts: 22

Hopefully this is something that hasn't been covered yet, but I've noticed in some games there are odd professions people can have that are less a way to make money as just a way to make the game more real.

What I thought of as a cool thing would be a map-maker profession.

Most games just give you a map, or as you find places automaticly draw them. Well, what if even if you'd been places, you maybe get coordinates from a compass (either found or player made of course) and then the game would give you like a data packet, which would represent what knowledge you'd picked up the last time you were exploring, and you'd have to go to someone who was a map-maker and he'd put it on the map for you, not manually but you'd have to have one of them to see it on the map.

Maybe also, Map-makers could sell maps, or details on maps of places they'd been themselves. And of course as the map-maker made more maps they'd get better, be able to give better detail etc. Just a thought, might be cool.

What about other things like this, odd non-crafting professions that would give the game more detail?

Comments

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121

Craaazy Idea broimage That WOULD make the game alot more interesting especially if that could be a lootable item from a pvp battle.

Imagine stalking a known bandit through the desert and finally getting him alone and gutting him like a fish, then finding his map that also gave the possition to where he hid his car. Or even better, the map leads you to the location of his posse that you happen to think is his car.......image

Thats an awsome idea.

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

• XilanxivXilanxiv Member Posts: 22

Hmm, that would be interesting, I know my friends and I are wanting to do smuggling, which of course requires a hidden outpost. It would be awesome, if apon finding someone that found your place, you kill him, then take the temp map he has. Say unless he's had a perm-map made by a map-maker, it he dies out in the wild, he loses what he found, but the idea of using that map to find other treasure sights he'd found on that trip or other trips he'd already permed, that's a sweet idea. I'm going to go sharpen my knife brb lol.