Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entering instances on PvP servers

Some mates of mine are moving from Eve to give WoW a go. They've set up on a PvP server. My one concern about PvP servers however is can you enter the instances at 60? (I've played mostly on PvE servers myself)

Lets say you get a crew together to do BRD. You travel the whole way from your base city, surely you're screwed if there's a crew standing around the base of the chain waiting to enter MC? Do gankers not camp the enterance to Scholo? Is organising an MC run not trouble enough without trying to fight your way in? What happens if the tanks armour gets nailed before he's even through the door? 

Now I can see ways round some of these issues, but I just wanna make sure that the lads aren't setting allot of trouble in store for when they hit 60.

Nick

The race doesn't always go to the swiftest, nor the battle to the strongest, but that's the way to bet.

Comments

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

I haven't had too many issues with gankers camping instance entraces.

For one, it's not really all that exciting. Typically the instance group gets as close to the entrance as they can. Even if they die, most likely they're fairly close to the door, so they can zone-in as soon as they rez.

In Black Rock, most of the pvp is from groups waiting around for other members to show up. On any given evening I'll usually walk away with 100+ kills just waiting for MC or BWL to start. Having said that, I've never really been delayed for a run, nor do I think I've caused any one group to be delayed.

Like I said above, if getting to the entrance is your goal, just run as far as you can. When you rez, you'll be fairly close so you can zone-in immediately.

Don't worry about item decay; there's none in PvP. Even so, every good instance group has at least one repair bot ready. ^_^

I hope your group enjoys their time in Azeroth. ::::28::

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• draketalondraketalon Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by IcoGames

I haven't had too many issues with gankers camping instance entraces.
    For one, it's not really all that exciting. Typically the instance group gets as close to the entrance as they can. Even if they die, most likely they're fairly close to the door, so they can zone-in as soon as they rez.
    In Black Rock, most of the pvp is from groups waiting around for other members to show up. On any given evening I'll usually walk away with 100+ kills just waiting for MC or BWL to start. Having said that, I've never really been delayed for a run, nor do I think I've caused any one group to be delayed.
    Like I said above, if getting to the entrance is your goal, just run as far as you can. When you rez, you'll be fairly close so you can zone-in immediately.
    Don't worry about item decay; there's none in PvP. Even so, every good instance group has at least one repair bot ready. ^_^
    I hope your group enjoys their time in Azeroth. ::::28::

^^ i agree with Ico here - i ahve always been on a PVP server - i wouldnt do anything else. you shouldnt have many problems - Blackrock is almost like  BG sometimes - so its kinda cool that way because you can get alot of HK there. dont worry about the gankers to few and far between to give it any thought.   have a blast :)
  • croyalcroyal Member Posts: 136

pvp servers are not really bad at all when it comes to ganking, you just gotta learn when to grind/level some where else.

as for people ganking near instances its very rare since most people are able to run straight into the zone before they are killed.

im not over powered! look it took me 10 minutes to kill that guy

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

hahahah stick to ur normal servers lowbie :P u wouldnt last a minuite in PvP server :)

thats where the fun is.. some people "e.g. you" think "hmmz i dont wanna be ganked" people like me think "group up fellas were going to gank some nub cakes"

PvP is enjoyable and survival of the fittest.. u know how fun it is when 40 of us horde are going mc and 40 allies are near by.. its like alterac valley lol we walk in totem up aoe and pwn the nubs 40 hk in 5 minuites :)

PvP servers own (though i think there not hardcore enough) i dont think i would play if pvp servers didnt exsist

• ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by CardinalSin
    Some mates of mine are moving from Eve to give WoW a go. They've set up on a PvP server. My one concern about PvP servers however is can you enter the instances at 60? (I've played mostly on PvE servers myself)
    Lets say you get a crew together to do BRD. You travel the whole way from your base city, surely you're screwed if there's a crew standing around the base of the chain waiting to enter MC? Do gankers not camp the enterance to Scholo? Is organising an MC run not trouble enough without trying to fight your way in? What happens if the tanks armour gets nailed before he's even through the door?
    Now I can see ways round some of these issues, but I just wanna make sure that the lads aren't setting allot of trouble in store for when they hit 60.
    Nick

Boy they are fast off the mark - game was only launched over a year ago. your m8s wont be needing to worry about MC for oooh another 12 months or so.

Your post is a complete joke !

Caveat Emptor