Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve online question

SubImpact5SubImpact5 Member Posts: 4

How long does it take to make over a million isk?

Comments

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

It really depends on what you're dabbling in and what your current assets are. I've been playing for almost two years now, and I routenly take out NPC battleships in 0.0 with bounties around 1 million ISK. Good level 3 agent missions will also reward you with a million or so if you manage to include the time bonus. I can make that kind of money, but I always need it because I find some new way to lose my ship and fittings every week :
    For a newer player, it does take a while to build up to that point where you can make money that fast. You can certainly do it faster than I did, though. Provided that you can get there, you too can be soloing NPC battleships in 0.0 in your own BS in a few months easy. A good corp will help you with that.

As for options for newer players to get a quick million:

Complete the tutorial agent. You get an implant as a rewards that you can sell from a few 100K to a few million. This also gets you standing so you can get better agents sooner.

An industrial full of low-end ore will fetch about a million. You usually find that people will by ore for more than you could get in its component minerals, especially in newbie areas. This is because they can refine the ore much better and therefore still turn a profit.

If you don't mind taking the pirate path, ransom people. There are lots of good posts on the main forums on how to set yourself up and get started. I'm not a pirate myself, but you'll find that most people don't mind paying 50% cost on their ship to not be blown up over the alternative. If you happen to find a cruiser, that's about 3 million right there.

Cheers, and GL on finding your way in EVE!

edit: The suggestions above are just what a newer player could do solo. As the poster below me pointed out, hooking up with a more experienced player and helping them out, splitting bounties (done automatically when in a gang) and payouts is an excellent way to make some ISK and experience the game as well.

//insert sig here
  • homer4000homer4000 Member Posts: 24

well, its my second day playing an i already have 3mil, all you have to do is go tackle with players that have lvl 3 agents

• binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363

Yes I must agree with the person above me and Snakey's Edit. Find a player with lvl 2 or 3 missions and make sure they tank, then bring your little frigate in and make them isk! I happen to grab one of the younger guys from my corp everytime I do a ;v; 3 and soon 4 mission, all because I have the ability to tank and kill the big ships, whilst the little ones bug me to hell. The newer players in their frigates can take down the one I'm getting annoyed by. It is beuitiful. So far I have funded 4 newer players into destroyers, and soon one of them into a cruiser by doing this.
    It works both ways and no matter what. You'll always have them comming back because, well lvl 2 agents don't wield 1.5-2 million in split bounty for 1 hours work, let alone a lvl 1. As I posted not long ago. This game is designed for two things, 1 pvp and 2 player grouping.

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by binjuice
    and Snakey's Edit.
    Me no post here.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363

/me slaps himself across the face 5 times

Sorry about that Snakey, I just looked at what the avatar was, saw a Eve portrait and mind clicked, Snakey
    I think I might have to start reading names when not flaming people again.... ::::31::

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

• SevarusSevarus Member Posts: 65

Makin' a million isk...........well, that really all depends.

As a new player, the agent grind is a way to go......drilling...well that's a way to go to.

I use the markets. Its still 'work', but less monotonous than a drill, or orbit the npc and shoot.

An example: Friday, I found a sell 'low' buy 'high' in the same system at 2 different stations.

2 hours later, and a lotta hauls with my trusty hauler "Porkchop Express", I pocketed nearly 22 million isk in pure profit.

so 11 million in an hour......... ::::39::

This doesn't happen all the time, but in EVE, look beyond the stock answers. The markets are there, the trades, the courier missions, etc., etc.

Another thing to keep in mind. Although there is always the temptation to stay in safe empire (.5 or up), the real money in the markets, especially npc, and also some of the player items is in lower sec space.

Eve= RISK vs. REWARD.

• WrayethWrayeth Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by Sevarus

2 hours later, and a lotta hauls with my trusty hauler "Porkchop Express", I pocketed nearly 22 million isk in pure profit.

Big Trouble In Little China ftw!

It's all in the reflexes....

-Wrayeth
    "Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"