Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

noob mmo (negativity??)

im sick of this being called a noob mmo, for being easy to use.
Now i know this is true but hey, its not just a stepping stone.
I dont know if im the only one who thinks WoW has depth,
it has great lore, lots of crafting, not enough cuztomizability,
but that should change with socketed items,
while i havent reached the end game
the game is a blast,
raids are fun,
PVP is easy to use and i love it.

people say this game has no depth,
well i say it does, its just intuitive,
you can do everythign you can in other games that have great depth in this
only it is easier,
and funner.

The game is intuitive without sacrificing depth,
it has good customer support,
the only suggestion i have is,
BLIZZARD LISTEN TO PLAYERS COMPLAINTS!!!!

I'm aware my spelling sucks but its better than most wow fanbois,
and i love this game but im not a "fanboy" since i dont spam how much i love it
and why it "pwns" other games.

I just want to see how many people agree/disagree with me
and why

Just another handsome boy graduate...

Comments

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Enjoy your game, WoW will be around for a long long time. ^_^

If anything, laugh at the knowledge that you're just grinding into someone's small fragile pysche each time you log in and enjoy yourself. Most of WoW's detractors are doing nothing but taking a swipe at the current King of the Mountain in self-serving statements.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

It is incredibly easy to get into and all that so it is a "noob" mmo.

That WoW has no depth, I would say because it is not really a "MMORPG", because the true Roleplaying is so low. Then there is nothing to do at endgame but to repeat raid instances over and over. There is no sandboxing or history changing elements.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• ThunderballsThunderballs Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by DuraheLL
    It is incredibly easy to get into and all that so it is a "noob" mmo.That WoW has no depth, I would say because it is not really a "MMORPG", because the true Roleplaying is so low. Then there is nothing to do at endgame but to repeat raid instances over and over. There is no sandboxing or history changing elements.

True roleplaying ? What exactly do tyou mean by that ? There are role playing servers where you can role play to your hearts content. you play a role everytime you log in whatever type of server you are on, it is up to you what level of role play you engage in within the confines of the game design and your own imagination.

Nothing to do at end game ? erm ........ what other "proper" mmorpgs are you comparing wows end game to and how are they better ? WOW has plenty of things to do in end game including several instances 9that you can choose to do over and over again - oh by the way have you ?), plenty of quests a lot of factions to play for, pvp on several battlegrounds or in the wider world, plenty of epic items to try and achieve for your character, an upcoming expansion pack, professions to capitalise on..... oh and the social element.

history is history - ie in the past . Why would a mmorpg have to have an element in it where you change the past - surely you play for the future or the here and now in the spirit of class and the historical storyline.

The idea that wow is a noob mmo is naive at best and smacks of ignorant arrogance at the other extreme.

Granted 5-7 million people can be wrong and it is reasonable to assume a high percentage of that customer base is new to mmog (or a new regular mmog player) but there are undoubtedly more experienced mmog players playing wow than there are in probably the rest of the mmogs out there put together (free games aside and within the european market).

All those experienced players are not playing wow because it lacks depth ,more likely because in their opinion it is worthy of their time.

Caveat Emptor

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Thunderballs

True roleplaying ? What exactly do tyou mean by that ? There are role playing servers where you can role play to your hearts content. you play a role everytime you log in whatever type of server you are on, it is up to you what level of role play you engage in within the confines of the game design and your own imagination.Nothing to do at end game ? erm ........ what other "proper" mmorpgs are you comparing wows end game to and how are they better ? WOW has plenty of things to do in end game including several instances 9that you can choose to do over and over again - oh by the way have you ?), plenty of quests a lot of factions to play for, pvp on several battlegrounds or in the wider world, plenty of epic items to try and achieve for your character, an upcoming expansion pack, professions to capitalise on..... oh and the social element.history is history - ie in the past . Why would a mmorpg have to have an element in it where you change the past - surely you play for the future or the here and now in the spirit of class and the historical storyline.The idea that wow is a noob mmo is naive at best and smacks of ignorant arrogance at the other extreme. Granted 5-7 million people can be wrong and it is reasonable to assume a high percentage of that customer base is new to mmog (or a new regular mmog player) but there are undoubtedly more experienced mmog players playing wow than there are in probably the rest of the mmogs out there put together (free games aside and within the european market). All those experienced players are not playing wow because it lacks depth ,more likely because in their opinion it is worthy of their time.

Roleplaying is limited by how much content the game offers you to do roleplaying. Saying that it's all up to you is only stupid, that way you can roleplay Pong even. WoW does not aim for roleplaying as a game.

The RP servers still contains the same contents as the overall servers and if you cannot truly influence the history or make anything permanent the total roleplaying value is lowered.

WoW should not ever be seen as a roleplaying game, there are 2 views of a MMORPG or RPG as a whole, the first view of it is a game where you get a character, you slaughter stuff and by time advances and develop your character, the second view is true roleplaying, which - of course - is hard to find in computer games, the strongest roleplaying elements can be found in PnP (Pen and paper) games since there you truly can do anything.

WoW will forever be prefered to as a Noob MMO since it is one of the few which is incredibly easy to get into, that is why so many play it, people don't want to sit with hour long tutorials, people want to be able to sit down, and play the game, they want to feel that they know the game, which people does when playing WoW.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• MazimakraftMazimakraft Member Posts: 6
    WoW owns!

WoW is fun if ou are in to it! and im into it woot!