Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Villains: Interview with Matt Miller

Matt Miller of Cryptic Studios answers our questions about the upcoming Issue 7 publish they're planning for CoH/CoV. These issues are essentially free expansions to their super-hero and super-villain MMORPGs.

image MMORPG.com: Grandville is described as a “vertical zone” – what do you mean by this?

Matt Miler: The height of the main structure in Grandville is awe inspiring and eclipses the size of any other structures in CoV (or CoH). The zone is about proving yourself to Lord Recluse, and as you work your way up the food chain in the Arachnos organization, you will also be working your way up the zone. You will literally progress your way up the zone and access new levels above you. By surviving the challenges set forth the higher you go in Grandville, you will find yourself under the direct scrutiny of Lord Recluse himself. One thing that players wonder is if a travel power like flight would be required in a zone like this. Don’t worry, there are elevators that can take you up and down safely if you don’t have the ability to go vertical on your own. 

You can read the interview here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

This sounds like a very interesting update really. I have trialed the game, but found the missions a bit repetitive, which I know can happen in all mmos. From what I have read they are doing some good work over at cryptic, and I may need to give them another look after this has been implemented.

Good luck!

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

My CoV experience WAS nice.

But I am walking away now, before the IoP become unbearables.  Have a great time guys.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• huey89huey89 Member Posts: 75

COV has saved the game entirely. The implimentation of pvp is really top notch.  This is a game I am glad to have re-activated.  I am looking forward to any news on the new Villain epic lvl 50 characters.. does anyone know any sort of information on this? I sure would like to read about it.  Thanks!

• VampiresVampires Member Posts: 75

If all he say's will be implemented then it will make it the best game i have played so far, i am enjoying city of villains and can hardly wait for this.image Praise the man